Wickerbottom’s most lacklustre books should have their sanity costs halved.

Ohan

If maxwell’s spells are gonna stay this insanely cheap Wickerbottom’s most lacklustre books should have their sanity cost halved. The comparison is crazy. 

1/5 fuel + 15 sanity for the shadow prison,  best crowd control in the game, available from day 1, codex stores 20 uses and can be refueled on the go, no instant nightmare spawning when sanity is insufficient, can indefinitely imprison every mob in the game. 

Meanwhile Sleepy time stories, whos use as crowd control ability overlaps a lot with the prison but is not as effective in many situations, costs 33 sanity per read, 5 uses per book, book has to be unlocked and crafted first, long reading animation makes it incredibly hard to pull off mid combat (compared to the near instant root of the prison), spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient. 

or lux aeterna that basically spawns a lantern’s worth of stationary natural light for 4 minutes at the cost of 33 sanity from a book with only 3 uses and it spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient.

Like, its crazy. 

Sleepy Time Stories, Overcoming Arachnophobia, Tempering Temperatures, Pyrokinetics Explained,  both Lux books and Everything Encyclopedia should have their sanity costs halved to 17 instead of 33.  

and Birds of the World should cost 33 sanity instead of 50. In line with Angler’s survival guide and the Horticulture books. 

This plus make the prison spell cost 30 sanity. I think the spell is worth at least 50 sanity, but Maxwell is likely to have less sanity than Wickerbottom because he fragments his mind so I feel a cost of 30 is better. It also would differentiate it even more from the snare, making the snare something you either use before combat or because it's cheaper, and the prison something you use in the middle of combat at a higher cost.

11 hours ago, Ohan said:

If maxwell’s spells are gonna stay this insanely cheap Wickerbottom’s most lacklustre books should have their sanity cost halved. The comparison is crazy. 

1/5 fuel + 15 sanity for the shadow prison,  best crowd control in the game, available from day 1, codex stores 20 uses and can be refueled on the go, no instant nightmare spawning when sanity is insufficient, can indefinitely imprison every mob in the game. 

Meanwhile Sleepy time stories, whos use as crowd control ability overlaps a lot with the prison but is not as effective in many situations, costs 33 sanity per read, 5 uses per book, book has to be unlocked and crafted first, long reading animation makes it incredibly hard to pull off mid combat (compared to the near instant root of the prison), spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient. 

or lux aeterna that basically spawns a lantern’s worth of stationary natural light for 4 minutes at the cost of 33 sanity from a book with only 3 uses and it spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient.

Like, its crazy. 

Sleepy Time Stories, Overcoming Arachnophobia, Tempering Temperatures, Pyrokinetics Explained,  both Lux books and Everything Encyclopedia should have their sanity costs halved to 17 instead of 33.  

and Birds of the World should cost 33 sanity instead of 50. In line with Angler’s survival guide and the Horticulture books. 

I wouldn’t even compare it to Maxwell, this is a must even if Maxwell rework never happened.

I’ll go make alt accounts to keep liking this post

(JK Joe I won’t. It makes a solid point though)

11 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

also maxwell is supposed to constantly use his spells so the low costs make sense.

…and wickerbottom is not?

Max spells r restricted to basic resource gathering and fighting.

Wicker’s arsenal includes spells that r needed on a much more day-to-day basis, like food, light, temperature management and the weather.

Playing wickerbottom to her fullest potential means using her books very frequently. The more understated books deserve a more manageable cost so u dont go insane as quickly. 

33 sanity is too much for the understated payoff of the books i mentioned. 

41 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I wouldn’t even compare it to Maxwell, this is a must even if Maxwell rework never happened.

I totally agree, its just that in light of max’s incredibly cheap and powerful spells the high sanity cost of the mentioned wicker books feel even more egregious to me. 

23 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

No sleepy time stories slander allowed here, also maxwell is supposed to constantly use his spells so the low costs make sense.

I mean Wickerbottom's weaker books seem to have the same implications unless we're to assume the spider book is going to last a entire fight speaking of which I kinda feel like kiel should take this opportunity to greatly increase it's duration and give it a similar casting circle to Maxwell.  

21 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean Wickerbottom's weaker books seem to have the same implications unless we're to assume the spider book is going to last a entire fight speaking of which I kinda feel like kiel should take this opportunity to greatly increase it's duration and give it a similar casting circle to Maxwell.  

that would be a nerf, the sleeping and radius is bigger than panflute's.

It's also pretty funny that Max can either have a CC that doesn't break when you damage the target for 15san + 0.2nmf or a CC that breaks on all targets when you hit a single one of them for 83san + book durability + an inventory slot dedicated only to that one ability.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It's also pretty funny that Max can either have a CC that doesn't break when you damage the target for 15san + 0.2nmf or a CC that breaks on all targets when you hit a single one of them for 83san + book durability + an inventory slot dedicated only to that one ability.

You know I had to think about it for a bit but it gets even funnier if you look at it from slow down rounds, to spider book, to shadow prison in terms of costs.

11 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wormwood in the corner like:

"You guys are getting crowd control?"

I should probably make a meme about it.

root chest when

On 11/10/2022 at 3:36 AM, Ohan said:

Like, its crazy. 

it would be good some wickerbottom buffs, i am not against it, but considerably maxwell should get those buffs along. ( less sanity costs overall) same multpliers based on those numbers (17), (33)

but looking at her, she dosent have any downside already, the "spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient. " you have to spam So much", and your book can easly provide sanity food , not counting the head gear( tam,CC crown) you can easly regen 2 "reads" per day, or even go to lunar island, or even more use bone helm

wicker being unable to eat spoiled food... as the same, one reading of any horticulture book and bam, done

-25 health is an price to pay for 250 sanity, worth it (based on my calculation and view on Wx plugins numbers in comparison)

the nigthmare spawn feature is more an maxwell problem then wicker's personally, i never go insane with her. but as i said i am not against buffing some caracters different from some people on the forum, allas good idea

but in exchange, if maxwell cant have his casting timers as same as wicker's, 
OR wicker should have the same casting time than maxwell, in the end both are reading a book

wicker being 1 second aproximatelly being able to cancel 
maxwell being 2 seconds aproximatelly

3 hours ago, edulopes said:

root chest when

it would be good some wickerbottom buffs, i am not against it, but considerably maxwell should get those buffs along. ( less sanity costs overall) same multpliers based on those numbers (17), (33)

but looking at her, she dosent have any downside already, the "spawns nightmares when sanity is insufficient. " you have to spam So much", and your book can easly provide sanity food , not counting the head gear( tam,CC crown) you can easly regen 2 "reads" per day, or even go to lunar island, or even more use bone helm

wicker being unable to eat spoiled food... as the same, one reading of any horticulture book and bam, done

-25 health is an price to pay for 250 sanity, worth it (based on my calculation and view on Wx plugins numbers in comparison)

the nigthmare spawn feature is more an maxwell problem then wicker's personally, i never go insane with her. but as i said i am not against buffing some caracters different from some people on the forum, allas good idea

but in exchange, if maxwell cant have his casting timers as same as wicker's, 
OR wicker should have the same casting time than maxwell, in the end both are reading a book

wicker being 1 second aproximatelly being able to cancel 
maxwell being 2 seconds aproximatelly

I mean Maxwell's downside is trival compared to his perk so if more buffs to him are to be considered I feel like he should have more downsides even more so if you compare how much better his overall abilities are compared to Wickerbottom she doesn't passively regain her sanity and her spells are far more limited in usage and Maxwell will only go insane if you choose to.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

will only go insane if you choose to.

any mediocre wicker too

besides you will figth with only 4 duellists, any further cast on 5 will make you insane :)
and more wicker have sanity food on demand for an price of 

On 11/10/2022 at 3:36 AM, Ohan said:

maxwell have the advantage of "sleeping" in almost all times besides dusk and nigth, wicker have the advantage of mass producing sanity food via horticulture, AND MORE 3 honey 1 twig= to 15 sanity, 6 honey equal to= OMG one book read, * not counting the Moonquay bananas that if you do some effourt you can find in at least before winter*

and more 1 dried kelp= 10 sanity, just setup 40 of them full san every day, on  my world when i start i look for them ASAP because, before maxwell rework i used her because you know, just easier to do everything in large numbers on her...

another simple method, live near green caps, in the end of the day you can base anywere because of the rain books, no need to worry on summer

EVEN MORE EASLY CACTUS....one log armor or even grass , FULL SANITY YOU WANT in just an poket...

and her books snowball those cactus,....

or just pre farm some butterfly( to heal), bam, sanity is an so abundant resource.... (nowdays) that makes me question if you have some bias or not Mysterious box 

sorry but it what looks like

but as i said

5 hours ago, edulopes said:

best for everyone, if an caracter get buffs,

one thing that sadness me on this forum most people scream with hands in their ears... at least i am screaming, but i try to hear the others. and look they point of view, and  look if is for the best of everyone, even if is not the best for me

43 minutes ago, edulopes said:

if is not the best for me

or dont change nothing

19 hours ago, Cheggf said:

it would be cheaper, to build serval codex umbra and place them on a special book shelf :) then taking 3 or 4 for figths ( 2 nigthmare on build) vs 4 to recharge

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

any mediocre wicker too

besides you will figth with only 4 duellists, any further cast on 5 will make you insane :)
and more wicker have sanity food on demand for an price of

I mean if it's that much of a issue cactus exists and kiting is a option.

53 minutes ago, edulopes said:

it would be cheaper, to build serval codex umbra and place them on a special book shelf :) then taking 3 or 4 for figths ( 2 nigthmare on build) vs 4 to recharge

While I'm not a 100% sure what your saying here if your implying having to wait for a book to charge is cheaper than using 4 nightmare fuel to fully recharge the codex umbra well that's not even realistic.

16 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

kiting is a option.

first that need skill, second shadow duellists make this harder, third you cant do mistakes when you talk about health, sanity mistakes if not books take some seconds to pay the bill
fourth kiting does less DPS (cactus have no downsides)

While I'm not a 100% sure what your saying here if your implying having to wait for a book to charge is cheaper than using 4 nightmare fuel to fully recharge the codex umbra well that's not even realistic.

well the price is 0 in the end is just as i use wicker books i have 4~8 of them and i uses as i please, they dont even have CDR,  the CDR is my sanity because i use maxwell, ( 30 banana shakes does godly)( or ice creams) ( or any option o told above)

I mean if it's that much of a issue cactus

what is the danger of getting cactus? besides taking some damage if not using armor how you will die getting it?

sorry but you cant compare kitting to picking in my opnion, and looks like you just trew arguments

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

first that need skill, second shadow duellists make this harder, third you cant do mistakes when you talk about health, sanity mistakes if not books take some seconds to pay the bill
fourth kiting does less DPS

Then don't use night armor and I sure haven't had issues with this.

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

well the price is 0 in the end is just as i use wicker books i have 4~8 of them and i uses as i please, they dont even have CDR,  the CDR is my sanity because i use maxwell, ( 30 banana shakes does godly)( or ice creams) ( or any option o told above)

Yep the price is zero you only have to mass produce books and wait for them to charge at their specific stations after having raided moon quay truely a minor tasks.

Meanwhile Maxwell is walking around with his 40 stack of nightmare fuel he got from killing non hostile mobs which is 200 spells in 1 slot yea that sounds really expensive.

12 minutes ago, edulopes said:

what is the danger of getting cactus? besides taking some damage if not using armor how you will die getting it?

No what I mean is if sanity food is issue use cactus more than enough spawns for Maxwell's needs since his minions don't directly cost sanity.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Then don't use night armor and I sure haven't had issues with this.

?

40 stack of nightmare fuel he got from killing non hostile mobs which is 200 spells in 1 slot yea that sounds really expensive.

it takes much time, same as getting things for wicker

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

specific stations after having raided moon quay

obvious, i dont want to be near cactus, because i have an better place to base at, but cactus does the job as same

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

No what I mean is if sanity food is issue use cactus more than enough spawns for Maxwell's needs since his minions don't directly cost sanity.

in the end they cost max sanity, and if you are maxed they will cost

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Yep the price is zero you only have to mass produce books and wait for them to charge at their specific stations

Most books, besisdes lunar book that you need 2 of them to do every nigth an lunar nigth for one week, and 2 rain books that is enough to make it rain all day during summer

you dont need more than 4 if you dont want to mass produce them, the charging part is easy easy, earlier you didnt even have the option, now that is an option it is so easy to mantain then and make more of them

sorry to say but...
even though you do big talk, your arguments is like an new player, because you dont look like you bend the world on your will, use all the possibilities and just see what is in your front not your sides, are you sure you are fit enough to understand this game ballance?

i mean no harm, just asking

8 minutes ago, edulopes said:

it takes much time, same as getting things for wicker

If you know how to setup a nightmare fuel farm or just plain fight shadow creatures I can assure you it does not even come close.

9 minutes ago, edulopes said:

Most books, besisdes lunar book that you need 2 of them to do every nigth an lunar nigth for one week, and 2 rain books that is enough to make it rain all day during summer

you dont need more than 4 if you dont want to mass produce them, the charging part is easy easy, earlier you didnt even have the option, now that is an option it is so easy to mantain then and make more of them

sorry to say but...
even though you do big talk, your arguments is like an new player, because you dont look like you bend the world on your will, use all the possibilities and just see what is in your front not your sides, are you sure you are fit enough to understand this game ballance?

i mean no harm, just asking

This is the inflication I've been getting from you as you keep blantly ignoring how easy Maxwell is.

If you know how to setup a nightmare fuel farm or just plain fight shadow creatures I can assure you it does not even come close.

thats true shadow sneka + bunnyman is easy farms but need some setup, fire farms arent as easy to do, and houndius need you to traverse the ruins

This is the inflication I've been getting from you as you keep blantly ignoring how easy Maxwell is.

for me getting Bone set is harder to do all wicker books, and more , shadow armor and sword is the same price as some wicker books, and they end they dont keep doing regen and being able to have infinite uses

wicker bottom is easly the best caracter of the game for basing, her mega farms are just insane

Archived