Wickerbottom’s most lacklustre books should have their sanity costs halved.

Ohan

Sanity is not the issue it's the casting time for those books and I do agree with the nightmares spawning from using really redundant or weaker books for Wicker making her less useful in comparison.

Solutions of course being remove or reduce the chance for nightmares spawning from crowd control and status spells, reduce overall casting sanity cost for her and maybe increase reading animation for her? I do like Max but Wicker needs a small touchup in QoL during this or later cause this now just feels extremely unfair to her.

man think about that with wicker you can farm materials in one go for serval years, being they food,  fish, pig butt, basing anywere you want, twigs, grass, reed, full grown trees at all times

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Solutions of course being remove or reduce the chance for nightmares spawning from crowd control and status spells, reduce overall casting sanity cost for her and maybe increase reading animation for her? I do like Max but Wicker needs a small touchup in QoL during this or later cause this now just feels extremely unfair to her.

i think not, because as i am a maxwell main that would be more an maxwell buff than hers, but i dont centainlly know about that reguard

that idea would be optimal if were just for her, like 33% chance in all books?

3 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

increase reading animation for her?

1 second i think it is enough

2 second maxwell feels like an sloth and is terrible but i feel 1 second even for max is perfect

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

that idea would be optimal if were just for her, like 33% chance in all books?

I mean if lesser harsh perks would be towards her while Maxwell would have it harsher would make more sense? Just buffing Wicker's mechanics to her own books would do better than just giving Maxwell the benefit of the book nerfs. He's fine on his own while some books he'd rather use as sometimes utility or food occasionally. Otherwise I don't know what she could have as her own passive perk.

Her only passive is that she recovers books faster while she's only a book provider. It sucks cuz it's rather weak perk on it's own. Useful for farming but on it's own no not great.

8 minutes ago, edulopes said:

for me getting Bone set is harder to do all wicker books, and more , shadow armor and sword is the same price as some wicker books, and they end they dont keep doing regen and being able to have infinite uses

wicker bottom is easly the best caracter of the game for basing, her mega farms are just insane

But you can reach dps rivaling the top characters even without the bone helm if your unable to beat him but with practice the fight will only become easier. Also considering his mass tree farming ability he's going to have a near endless supply of living logs in time making dark swords a easy primary weapon early on and thanks to monkey tails the same can be said for night armor assuming you don't trade up for better. Then too add to that Maxwell still has access to all Wickerbottom's books making him truely the master of all trades.

1 minute ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I mean if lesser harsh perks would be towards her while Maxwell would have it harsher would make more sense? Just buffing Wicker's mechanics to her own books would do better than just giving Maxwell the benefit of the book nerfs. He's fine on his own while some books he'd rather use as sometimes utility or food occasionally. Otherwise I don't know what she could have as her own passive perk.

i really think maxwell is in a good spot, one read per day, sometimes 2 for free not counting food or bone armor is good

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Her only passive is that she recovers books faster while she's only a book provider. It sucks cuz it's rather weak perk on it's own. Useful for farming but on it's own no not great.

but yeah i dont know an good passive for her sorry, because at the same time being able to not sleep isnt an killer for me or the stale food problem,  so i cant talk something that would not be OP at the moment

9 minutes ago, edulopes said:

man think about that with wicker you can farm materials in one go for serval years, being they food,  fish, pig butt, basing anywere you want, twigs, grass, reed, full grown trees at all times

And Maxwell has access to all of this on top of his own extremely powerful perks think about that.

10 minutes ago, edulopes said:

1 second i think it is enough

2 second maxwell feels like an sloth and is terrible but i feel 1 second even for max is perfect

If this were to happen she would need more perks to compensate.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

monkey tails the same can be said for night armor assuming you don't trade up for better.

the problem with monkey tails is your quote, having to go to moon quay not an problem for me, but some people is, and more you have to keep fertilizing then, while wicker just reads on an swap or on a reed trap after luring deerclops or bearger

Just now, edulopes said:

the problem with monkey tails is your quote, having to go to moon quay not an problem for me, but some people is, and more you have to keep fertilizing then, while wicker just reads on an swap or on a reed trap after luring deerclops or bearger

I mean it's not like he needs nearly as many reeds as Wickerbottom so for a casual player the amount in a swamp more than enough for him.

And Maxwell has access to all of this on top of his own extremely powerful perks think about that.

12 minutes ago, edulopes said:

locked behind wicker, if you changed wicker to max, why not do the oposite, changing caracter is the most easy thing in the world, for me removing this perk would not affect me at all, i would simple change to her and dich her after, on my eyes maxwell being able to use is just an benefit for everyone so wicker isnt obliged to do all the work for herself, it is best for everyone

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

If this were to happen she would need more perks to compensate.

and what is the downside you are looking to give her? 

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

many reeds as Wickerbottom so for a casual player the amount in a swamp more than enough for him.

i think on the long run for an casual he needs more, an casual takes more damage than an tryhard player

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

locked behind wicker, if you changed wicker to max, why not do the oposite, changing caracter is the most easy thing in the world, for me removing this perk would not affect me at all, i would simple change to her and dich her after, on my eyes maxwell being able to use is just an benefit for everyone so wicker isnt obliged to do all the work for herself, it is best for everyone

Fair but it still doesn't change the fact he benefits both ways so any advantage appiled to the books being somehow better is countered by the fact he can also use them regardless of personal feelings about how it should be used.

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

and what is the downside you are looking to give her? 

She has enough compared to how minor Maxwell's is compared to his perks.

maxwell have the downside of using her books, in the end

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Then too add to that Maxwell still has access to all Wickerbottom's books making him truely the master of all trades.

as i said, if i want to clear the ruins as wanda, i can simply change, TP in every single spot that have lots of loot, (making an hub) clear the ruins in mere days then tp to my main pseudonic, then Tp back with all lot then changing back to max, what is stopping me to do the same, seeing that wicker ideal usage is mass production? only farming once then never having to farm again,
and using rains and stopping them  and full moons that you would need her in almost all times 

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

She has enough compared to how minor Maxwell's is compared to his perks

what is her downside?

Fair but it still doesn't change the fact he benefits both ways so any advantage appiled to the books being somehow better is countered by the fact he can also use them regardless of personal feelings about how it should be used.

the problem is in the end removing it would be just bad for the player base in general, it would not benefit, this is the problem, and even making the books cost 200 sanity for max, would not make any diference because is easy enough to counter the downsides of it and you cant say maxwell handles those negtives better than wicker ( all his kit dont do nothing against shadow creatures, plus wicker have more health) 

i am trying to see your point, really but i cant find an middle ground.

4 hours ago, edulopes said:

the problem is in the end removing it would be just bad for the player base in general, it would not benefit, this is the problem, and even making the books cost 200 sanity for max, would not make any diference because is easy enough to counter the downsides of it and you cant say maxwell handles those negtives better than wicker ( all his kit dont do nothing against shadow creatures, plus wicker have more health) 

i am trying to see your point, really but i cant find an middle ground.

I'm not saying it needs to go away but I'm also not going to pretend that it isn't equally his ability.

4 hours ago, edulopes said:

what is her downside?

Resource intensive spells as well as her other more minor downsides but I ask you what is Maxwell's downside? His armor perk solves his "fragile" downside and when it comes to combat Wanda and Walter have it way worse in the frailty department.

30 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Walter have it way worse in the frailty department.

walter problem is cleary his sanity and yeah i tend to think he is really weak an not my style

31 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

combat Wanda

but wanda, she can facetank half constant sadly because of TC crown+ nigth armor and come above
( maxwell can do it too but normally he will get hit more fequently because he dosent have the range and have to stop for casting)

but as i said the problem is low max health is an severe downside, i know old age wanda is the DPS check on her, maxwell is always middle of middle aged wanda at least
if you wanna play safer middle age wanda is always a choice,  and more you would dispach most enemies before they get to you, and do things faster, for an example today i made ruins clear in my world, using wanda i would take 4 days max, using maxwell i took almost 11 days, and didnt craft anything yet, he just isnt too pratical for somethings and most are fault of his low health pool, and high cast timers

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

but wanda, she can facetank half constant sadly because of TC crown+ nigth armor and come above
( maxwell can do it too but normally he will get hit more fequently because he dosent have the range and have to stop for casting)

But on the flipside he can dish out damage when healing and has a much higher hp threshold than Wanda and his damage becomes a lot closer with mid to late game gear.

2 hours ago, edulopes said:

do things faster, for an example today i made ruins clear in my world, using wanda i would take 4 days max, using maxwell i took almost 11 days, and didnt craft anything yet, he just isnt too pratical for somethings and most are fault of his low health pool, and high cast timers

I think that's more so on you Maxwell has multiple options to deal with the cast timer and it isn't even as bad as your making it out to be I'm not saying your unskilled but I think you just need more time to adjust to him.

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

but as i said the problem is low max health is an severe downside, i know old age wanda is the DPS check on her, maxwell is always middle of middle aged wanda at least
if you wanna play safer middle age wanda is always a choice

Try tanking as Maxwell and check how many hits you can take before you die you'd be surprised just how durable he is his hp is only and i mean only  a downside to people who don't wear armor or know how to heal which is generally noobs

Archived