[Game Update] - Public Testing 525341

• Developer

Hi friends, here’s a small patch for the public testing branch. It has a variety of fixes, polish items, and updated translations.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Database entries categories for Rooms have new icons.
    • Updated Chinese and Korean strings localizations. 
    • Updated Spice Grinder and spice artwork tinting.
    • Revision to the Somnium Synthesizer completion pop-up artwork.
    • Added Pajama Cubby animation for dispensing Pajamas.
    • Updated Story Trait Database icons.
    • Disabled “require inputs” status items until Somnium Synthesizer phase 1 is completed.
  • Base game only
    • Colony Destination screen shows "Story Traits" header above selected story traits.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed Pacus stuck falling when trying to eat from a feeder with a small amount of water above it.
    • Algae Terrarium now produces Polluted Water properly.
    • If a Duplicant gets interrupted (e.g. they pass out) while retrieving Pajamas from the Pajama Cubby, progress should resume on getting Pajamas once a Duplicant is available again.
    • Spice Grinder
      • Spice Grinder building tint now copies with Copy Settings.
      • Fixed Freshener Spice losing its preserving properties.
      • Fixed issue allowing the Spice Grinder to display and spice the wrong food if its chore was interrupted.
      • Fixed incorrect Duplicant status text when spicing food.
    • Somnium Synthesizer should no longer play the Dream Journal deposit sound when being hovered.
    • Fixed an issue where small critters would get stuck waiting for the Critter Flux-O-Matic.
    • Fixed missing audio crash when closing the Timelapse in the Colony Summary screen.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Duplicants no longer stop in a Transit Tube to react to high amounts of radiation.
    • Story traits now generate more consistently on Spaced Out-style clusters, including Moonlet clusters. They can now appear on non-start worlds.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Story traits now generate more consistently on Spaced Out-style clusters, including Moonlet clusters. They can now appear on non-start worlds.

Now the seed I usually play is generating with story traits without errors. After checking it I have found that on starting moonlet only has Somnium Synthesizer. I assume that the Critter Flux-O-Matic is somewhere on a non-teleporter asteroid. Thank you for the fix.
Although the story traits seem interesting, my current play is still in progress on the live version. Are the story traits the only new feature affecting worldgen or are the other ones also planned for this update? I will rather continue playing without a story for now if it's the only change.

10 hours ago, JarrettM said:
  •  
  • Algae Terrarium now produces Polluted Water properly.

For a moment I feared that the last bastion of fixed-output temperature, the fact that Algae Terrariums produce polluted water at 30 C regardless of how cold or hot the water was, in clear contradiction to its tooltip saying that it should be the input temperature, had been fixed. Thankfully my fears were unfounded and I can still indulge in one of my favorite exploits.
(What this fix refers to, for the curious: Algae Terrariums had been not producing pwater at all in the last version of public beta)

• Like 1

I'm quite sure this update broke my game :(

Error in MegaBrainTankComplete.MegaBrainTank.OnSpawn 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MegaBrainTank+StatesInstance.CompleteEvent () [0x00062] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Buildings\MegaBrainTank.cs:587 
  at MegaBrainTank+StatesInstance.CompleteBrainActivation () [0x00078] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Buildings\MegaBrainTank.cs:476 
  at MegaBrainTank+StatesInstance.StartSM () [0x001ad] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Buildings\MegaBrainTank.cs:232 
  at MegaBrainTank.OnSpawn () [0x00008] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Buildings\MegaBrainTank.cs:655 
  at KMonoBehaviour.Spawn () [0x00078] in C:\jenkins_workspace\workspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KMonoBehaviour.cs:295 

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)
Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Debug.cs:163)
DebugUtil:LogErrorArgs (UnityEngine.Object,object[]) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:217)
DebugUtil:LogException (UnityEngine.Object,string,System.Exception) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/DebugUtil.cs:227)
KMonoBehaviour:Spawn () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:302)
KMonoBehaviour:Start () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:253)

Build: U43-525341-S

just checking out the past couple updates and this is awesome.  i really like the changes to the plug slugs and the spices.  idk if i'll use the dream/critter thing as much but i hope we get to see some more story trait things.  maybe the critter thing to convert pokeshells so i don't have to mess with liquids so much

i do want to request another use for bleach stone though.  currently squeaky puffs produce a lot of it but nothing consumes a lot.  even with hot tubs, hand sanitizers, and water weed, you need only a couple squeaky pufts.  and i often have enough bleach stone from excavating to last a couple thousand cycles

The sound bug after temporal tear winning screen is still there. 

When you win the achievement does its thing but you will notice the sound effects are disabled.  Clicking continue to play game it disables all the game sounds.   Only way to get it back is save and reload. 

Steam achievements failed to work. Completed achviements didn't get transferred to steam. 

Edited by RonEmpire

On 10/2/2022 at 8:15 AM, melquiades said:

Could you please introduce a toggle to remove that animation completely from the options menu?

It is out of place.

I'd settle for either removing the radiation reaction, or if we're committing to dupes being able to sense strong radiation, have them treat high radiation environments as "unsafe".

40 minutes ago, pether said:

I don't feel they are out of place. It's a good way to show radiation without related overlay being on, it's very informative and could help new players understand radiation mechanics. I don't think it should be removed.

But if you don't like it, there is a mod for that:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2843427720

While I agree on the usefulness of that animation being a clear indicator that dupes don't like bathing in ionizing rays, I have to say that it's more harmful that good once you know it.

It happens multiple times, prolongs work time in a task, thus increasing radiation exposure. Wish it had a cooldown, or that it could not happen if under a radpill effect.

I'm pretty sure every farmer that entered my satellite tainted farm always had a radpill buff on them. Can't be so unlucky to have that run out just as they enter. But there they are, trying to shield themselves from gamma rays..

You can prevent the soggy feet animation, a real killer, by having a clean base. You have no way of countering the "I'm scared of rads" animation. Even if the dupe knows he's a nuclear technician that routinely deals with reactors, beeta hives and glowing crops.

Edited by 6Havok9
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pether said:

I don't feel they are out of place. It's a good way to show radiation without related overlay being on, it's very informative and could help new players understand radiation mechanics. I don't think it should be removed.

But if you don't like it, there is a mod for that:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2843427720

Unfortunately It doesn't work reliably (it crashes when they vomit inside suits).

Radiation is a silent killer, but i guess that wouldn't fit this game's theme. I would still like the toggle though, when they stop to freak out in the guts of a nuclear reactor so they get even more irradiated is very annoying.

I'll double suggest to enable some sort of Geiger counter sound for radiation exposure when focusing on a dupe if you still want the players to be aware of radiation (i play without sound so it would not be for me xD).

Edited by melquiades