Waffles Recipe update: No butter required.

just made some good old waffles, but they don't contain any butter!

Would be great if the waffles requirement in DST was changed to Dairy instead of only butter,

considering you don't need any actually,

and i kinda want to use all those milky whites/milk for something outside of ice cream.

nobutterwaffles_small.png

forgot recipe:

300g flour (100g of that were corn flour, perfectly fitting for DST)

250g Quark

3 eggs

1 teaspoon backing powder

100g sugar

4 tablespoons of oil

3 tablespoon lemon juice

mix all and add flour last

and some mineral water if the dough is to dry.

you cant mass farm milk until end game either, since you ussually ony have 1 or 2 goat herds and getting more means waiting for spring,

nevermind the fact that most use anenemy to kill goats which means you cant get milk that way.

3 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

The only reason why Waffles restore 60 HP is the rarity of butter. If the butter is to be removed from the recipe, health stats will have to be nerfed for the balance purposes.

What about wobster bisque? Wobsters aren't rare by any means, and just 1 plus an ice is a dish that restores 60 health

1 hour ago, Veyred said:

good old waffles

1 hour ago, Veyred said:

good

1 hour ago, Veyred said:

waffles

These Waffles have less moisture than most South-African countries. At least put some syrup on the poor things for gosh sake.

Personally I always wanted a recipe to make easier waffles than needing butter for it. But butter from butterfly servers as a joke and waffles are a super rare food just to be rare thing to make and enjoy. While it would be nice to turn milky whites or goat milk into butter after churning them I feel like dairy should serve other recipes.

Either way... who knows? Maybe we'll get butter alternatives. I always wanted milk related food since milk can be gathered from goats more often now by getting more goats in spring.

I think waffles are undeservedly forgotten. After adding eye and the milky whites with it to the game it would be nice to update recepies so we can use them. Adding craftable butter is a good idea too. Added some made up ideas about this :D

craft butter3.png

craft waffles3.png

For years now I've wanted all the butter-specific recipes to be changed to only require dairy, in much the same way that milk-themed recipes ONLY require dairy and so you can use milk or butter interchangeably. Milk, and volt goats as a whole, are in a really sad place right now, where the most lucrative way of farming goats (anenemies) is both the least intuitive most video game-y thing ever, and also basically just disallows you from charging them in the process, while the more natural feeling way they were designed to be used (charging one from a herd and then killing it while wearing lightning insulation) is super inconvenient and just nets you some milk that can be used for... a niche hunger-restoring hat that could be cooked with butter, and a sanity-restoring crock pot dish that could be cooked with butter and is sadly not usually worth the effort.

If butter and milk were interchangeable in all recipes, though, you've got those two niche uses PLUS a couple great health foods and fresh fruit crepes, a true nice reward for putting in the effort required to make a regular volt goat farm and charge the goats for it. Oh and it makes the eye of terror more rewarding on repeat kills too which is nice.

Moles aren't the primary ingredient of guacamole, either. The crock pot is a magical thing that operates on vague approximations of recipes and puns, it doesn't need to be changed just because you can make bland butterless waffles in real life.

You can make this simple recipe 1,000 times better by replacing the quark with real buttermilk (1 part flour per 1 part buttermilk, just make sure it isn't too wet). I personally wouldn't use any other fat aside from butter (10%) when making waffles, but to each their own I suppose. And you ought to include some baking soda for the lift and for the browning (acidic batter reduces browning. Baking soda brings the pH back up). Make sure you're turning that waffle iron so they come out nice and even.

Having a more accessible form of butter is an amazing idea, and making use of one of the most niche recipes in the game, would surely fill many survivors hearts with joy. I agree not to make it too easy to farm, but by having volt goat milk in the recipe, would seem to rarify the ingredients without making it extra stupid hard (like farming butter). A fabulous idea that is growing on this topic. <3

On 8/20/2022 at 9:08 AM, Dr. Safety said:

What about wobster bisque? Wobsters aren't rare by any means, and just 1 plus an ice is a dish that restores 60 health

Finally someone else understands the absolute power of Wobster bisque! 1 Wobster 1 Ice 2 Twigs, unlimited power.

Archived