What do you wish for a Wilson rework?

I know some people think he is the default character and dont want him to be changed but right now after all these awesome reworks I do believe he needs something.

My idea is to make Wilson one of the better support character. Remember that he is a gentleman scientist so unlike wagstaff he seems more like the kind of scientist that would use science to help people. So i think wilson should be able to use science to help/buff the other characters, unlike wagstaff that use the science in a more selfish way having gadgets for himself.

Wilson should be able to study all his fellow teamates and after some research he could make gadgets or inventions to improve his friends.

Example: Wilson studied Wendy for some time and after some research he developed a device to combine 2 ghostly elixirs.(now you only give the device to wendy to use it)

Example2: Wilson studied Wormwood for some time and after some research he invented a special food(using differents kind of poop) that can heal wormwood for 35 points with a fast eat animation.

I had this idea cause I remember Wilson during Forge event, he was not necessary to win but he was really helpful and with this Wilson is still gonna be the same default character but now he is gonna be really helpful to any team, of course all his new gadgets or improvements to the team are gonna be mid to late game stuff.

So what do you think. Should Wilson need this or he should have a total rework or he is fine as he is?

If Wilson gets a rework, I want it to follow the Wes mentality.

Wilson doesn't get much for himself, but when in a group he should have things to help other players.
This means people who like Wilson as he is doesn't get a total rework and loses that value, but it also means when playing in a group he'd be able to offer something to the group so others don't feel like the Wilson is a waste of a character choice.

I don't think Wilson works as a beginner character in DST at all. In my opinion, a good beginner character would have small perks that help newbies to survive the first year. He was good for that in vanilla, back when the game only had winter and temperate summer. His perks helped to survive in winter and made one of the resurrection methods more accessible. However, DST has so much more, and resurrection is less punishing. 

I also agree that Wilson needs more perks for coop since now he can only provide beard hair to the team. But you don't need that much and can get them from Beardlords anyway.

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

If Wilson gets a rework, I want it to follow the Wes mentality.

Wilson doesn't get much for himself, but when in a group he should have things to help other players.
This means people who like Wilson as he is doesn't get a total rework and loses that value, but it also means when playing in a group he'd be able to offer something to the group so others don't feel like the Wilson is a waste of a character choice.

as fun as that sounds i want something original for wilson 

like hes the main protagonist he should have more 

I've always thought of his rework as optional potions with random good or very dangerous effects, in a way that they don't need to change anything in his base stats for him to remain a "base character" but with some spice in his character, I really can see him doing dangerous experiments that can go terribly wrong with rabbits, spiders, birds but if they go right they would be of some help to the team. I think I've seen people say that Wilson made certain research stations, if it's true I'd still prefer that they keep the constructions for Winona, she does deserve new toys like that

I don't want wilson to get refreshed, but if he did I'd want him to be kinda like he was originally where he just introduces you to the game. most characters have their own crafting items and stuff like that, so should he should introduce that. Maybe just beard stuff or something, but again I hope he doesn't get a refresh.

Science stuff, his profile image shows him pouring a vat of questionable chemicals over into a ducks mouth-

It is EXTREMELY important that I point out that every other character rework has taken the items from their Profile portraits and added them as a Core part of playing as the Characters in their Reworks.

Such as: Willow and Bernie (whom she’s had in DS Portraits way back then..) as well as Wolfgang and Dumbells. Wes and Balloon-O-Mancy, and Now Wickerbottom and her Library of books.

Klei isn’t just making up random perks as they go along- they’re taking the characters that have ALWAYS existed and expanding upon who they are portrayed as Lore/Vignette Wise- and they are trying to incorporate a part of that personality into their actual Playstyles.

So- Science Beakers with Green Chemicals being poured in a Gooses neck.

Ultimate utility man

Players can enter Wilsons beard and rest inside of it. Consuming some of it's growth.

Players can pick up Wilson and use him as weapon with similar stats as a spear.

Players can use Wilson's hair to pry open the bottle cap on your favorite drink.

Players can hook up an IV bag to Wilson's arm and he will donate blood to you. Wilson is an universal blood donor. 

Wilson should automatically start with some blueprints researched (similar to Wickerbottom) but they should only be ones he canonically invented. (Fire Pump, Nauto Pilot and Beacon, I think there are a few more.) Aside from that... idk.

He is a stupid science man
so when he prototype somethng gains more sanity?

more craftable things with beard? 

chemical or alchemist things that in survival craft tab?

i think this will be suuuper if this buffs come into game?

(and wilson tax evesion skin)

5 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Ultimate utility man

Players can enter Wilsons beard and rest inside of it. Consuming some of it's growth.

Players can pick up Wilson and use him as weapon with similar stats as a spear.

Players can use Wilson's hair to pry open the bottle cap on your favorite drink.

Players can hook up an IV bag to Wilson's arm and he will donate blood to you. Wilson is an universal blood donor. 

i wish there is a mod we can enter wilson beard :D

4 minutes ago, yourAnty said:

Make him fun, not basic and boring like a lot of people want him to stay as, which, at that point klei could just remove him from the game as he brings nothing to the table unlike even Wes.

wilson need a simple chemical rework

chemicals like that grows his beard , healt regen...
why we cant give buffs to pigmans/bunnymens??  maybe wilson do it after a rework?

7 minutes ago, HiraaCaan said:

wilson need a simple chemical rework

chemicals like that grows his beard , healt regen...
why we cant give buffs to pigmans/bunnymens??  maybe wilson do it after a rework?

quirky items wont make him used, he needs actual good perks and oh my gawd... A DOWNSIDE

You're all wrong. I've got the best idea on earth, hear me out.

Hair meter.

Wilson is able to craft hair gel. When used, his hair meter goes up. At max hair meter, he is immune to sanity drain from wetness (because his magnificent hair stays intact)

He is also able to roost tallbirds in his beard.

Easy. Hire fans.

37 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

You're all wrong. I've got the best idea on earth, hear me out.

Hair meter.

Wilson is able to craft hair gel. When used, his hair meter goes up. At max hair meter, he is immune to sanity drain from wetness (because his magnificent hair stays intact)

He is also able to roost tallbirds in his beard.

Easy. Hire fans.

Hah funny idea :D 
seems cool update for beard

2 hours ago, Another Vena said:

He is a failure in that regard lol

he's not?I want to remind everyone here that even tho in real world Wilson fails in science, in dst world with it's wacky laws of logic Wilson already created multiple new things by his own that fully work, Meat Effigy, Think Tank, Boat and Gardener Hat, he's more than succesful in terms of making something new and i really don't understand why people still think that Wilson is too stupid to make something new by himself
also magnets in monkey update

Archived