What I think needs to be finalized

These things have seemed wrong to me for a long time, and it seems to me that they need to be corrected.

I also wondered if they were bothering just me or all the players.

Telelocator Focus 

It's too expensive to teleport a player.

Weather Pain

Too little damage or durability

Fire Staff

Low damage at low speed

Twins Of Terror

It's just a copy of the Eye of Terror with increased damage and health

Second Chance Watch

They are too good for their price, so I think they should be worth 2 Time Pieces.

I was very interested in what people thought about it. And please excuse my English if I made mistakes.

15 minutes ago, vlagort said:

Telelocator Focus 

It's too expensive to teleport a player.

Way too much

After a whole staff used we spent 17 purple gems. That is 5 uses. To simply go back to base. Eh. 

Usefull to position vargs for farms or Ancient Tree Guards for giants defense but still 

Weather pain is more of a tool with AOE than a weapon, but it does kill if used well.

Telelocator focus cost is fine if only you could select to teleport to it. Unfortunately can't and it really sucks.

Firestaff is just a long ranged torch. Good against bishops and knights, overall not great and dangerous on surface. It's also a tool for some things that you cannot reach to burn.

Twins are different in speed and their attack patterns. One attacks faster, other spawns more minions.

Second Chance watch doesn't really need TWO time pieces cause it doesn't really change anything but could be just more like annoying nerf. Time pieces can be gained easily if you know how (via portal character selection several times) Also Second Chance is not the best revival tool unless in multiplayer, cause it puts you back in the danger zone. Amulets can be easily made too to avoid that.

Would be better if Telelocator Focus allowed to teleport three times, each time gems will look more and more cracked and withered. One teleportation for one gem is fair price, while not changing original design of telelocator focus. Overall it and Night Light are only two almost useless magic crafts that never worth it, they definitelly need refresh in some QoL update

58 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

Way too much

After a whole staff used we spent 17 purple gems. That is 5 uses. To simply go back to base. Eh. 

Usefull to position vargs for farms or Ancient Tree Guards for giants defense but still 

17 of 500 gems isnt expensive

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

17 of 500 gems isnt expensive

For late game, sure u right

But then u can use it only in late game. Im not sure how I feel about it once lazy deserters aint a thing for solo players and the only way is this. So I have to wait till my third ruins cleaning to put this in a use. Hapilly I main Wortox and isnt that needed anymore but still for other players who play solo despite Wanda still a thing

I mean dont bother me the way it is and u can argue the focus is suposed to be used there (in the late) what does makes sense, however I do think a slight change could turn this more acessible for early shenanigans 

19 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

For late game, sure u right

But then u can use it only in late game. Im not sure how I feel about it once lazy deserters aint a thing for solo players and the only way is this. So I have to wait till my third ruins cleaning to put this in a use. Hapilly I main Wortox and isnt that needed anymore but still for other players who play solo despite Wanda still a thing

I mean dont bother me the way it is and u can argue the focus is suposed to be used there (in the late) what does makes sense, however I do think a slight change could turn this more acessible for early shenanigans 

but you can use them in early because with 1 ruins clean you get a lot of purple and red gems to mix with the blue ones obtained by killing mctusks, and if you aren't able of using it that much will be cuz bad luck with living logs not because you have few gems. In late you just spam it

I would rather see a buff to lazy deserters rather than a buff to telelocators. Telelocators still have the benefit to telelocating anything, not just players. Lazy deserters just never get used and desert stones just pile up in chests.

On the subject of finalizing things, I would also like to add more structures that use different colored moonlens gems.

16 hours ago, vlagort said:

Twins Of Terror

It's just a copy of the Eye of Terror with increased damage and health

This. Come on, retinazer has a laser, spazmatism has a flamethrower, and klei just scrapped both of these and made them robotic eyes of terror.

16 hours ago, vlagort said:

They are too good for their price, so I think they should be worth 2 Time Pieces.

You forgot that they also teleport you back to your skeleton and don't put enemies to sleep, which can cause you to die again in less than 4 minutes.

Telelocator focus: I wish we could use more expensive gems like orange ones for one teleport per gem. 

Weather pain: I think the weather pain is fine the way it is, I think the real problem is it is the only of it's kind. There needs to be a Malbatross version that is more "weapon" oriented than this, so no cutting down trees/destroying things. Instead it hones in on enemies. Or is an ocean twister that shoots out fish around it in random directions. 

Fire staff: I think Willow should do more fire damage and things she sets on fire should have a chance to not burn to a crisp. And maybe everyone should be able to charge thermal stones by hitting them with the projectile of the staff (same for ice staff).

I have no opinions on the rest, I think Wanda's clocks are fine. 

13 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Weather pain: I think the weather pain is fine the way it is, I think the real problem is it is the only of it's kind. There needs to be a Malbatross version that is more "weapon" oriented than this, so no cutting down trees/destroying things. Instead it hones in on enemies. Or is an ocean twister that shoots out fish around it in random directions.

Getting flashes of the Duke Fishron staff, "Tempest Staff" from Terraria. With the exception of it doing damage instead of shooting out Carp.

Archived