[Suggestion] More Interactions With Flares!

For the longest time I've always wanted to see more done with flares, and we've gotten a new hostile flare for attracting hostile mobs like pirate raids, mctusk and deerclops which is so cool!!! I'd like to suggest some more things for flares in general that I've always wanted to see for a long time. I know this is maybe getting a bit sidetracked off from what the update is actually about(Wicker who? :p) lol but I just wanted to make this one post presenting some ideas for flares.

Flares I think can bring a really cool dynamic to gameplay because they are one of the few items in the game that reaches far up in the sky, and I think there's really cool things that can come from this concept!

761159956_GIF7-28-202212-48-22PM.thumb.gif.dd0f56769ca15dd80d3b8849c2ea210f.gif

Something I've always wanted to see is, what if flares could be used to destroy depth dweller dens? I think it would be really thematic! As clearly the flare should be hitting the ceiling of the caves where the den resides. This would come with a new main problem of depth dweller dens not being renewable, in which case a new type of spider egg could be added to be dropped that allows you to plant depth dweller dens elsewhere, or resetting the ruins also resets depth dweller dens, or they can spread naturally like regular spider dens allowing you to be careful and leave at least one to repopulate elsewhere.

Perhaps they can even break the stalagmites on the ceiling!! These have always been purely visual but again, I think it would be really fun to bring a new dynamic of gameplay by allowing flares to break these stalagmites on the ceiling just for that extra bit of reward and interaction.

Maybe they could even break the chandeliers in the Archives!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ef8f8ec8db836a3ba1b194953ee07fa9.png

image.thumb.png.8fe12557f44414214401d344526ac8ef.png

image.png.114e28ac42a886b8fdadaf66bd582495.png

Maybe it could even destroy some of the 'ceiling' entities in the Waterlogged biomes, and act as an alternative way to destroy the sea strider nests!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5be9a7a32e20b596d632821e51fce8b1.png

Again, like I mentioned before, I think there's so much cool stuff you can do with the flare, even if at first glance it doesn't seem 'cool', it's one the few items in the game that thematically affects the sky/ceiling and I would appreciate more items and more interactions with these kinds of items that affect the sky/ceiling. If you have any ideas of your own, I'd love to hear!!!

44 minutes ago, Hornete said:

stalagmites on the ceiling!!

I think you mean stalactite. Stalagmites are the formations on the floor.

StalaCtIte = CI for ceiling

StalaGmite = G for ground

I like the idea, but those flares don't seem like they'd be able to blow up a spider nest. Maybe Klei could add even more flare varieties, like a flare that's crafted with gun powder for such uses.

Can I get a homing flare? Like something I can attach gunpowder charges to, perhaps a nautopilot beacon, and just fire it from a safe distance to guide itself to my intended target?

i would call all out war on Bee Queen/Crab King with Homing Flares.

One possible solution is that the world will slowly place depths dweller nests in random suitable spots whenever there are less nests than the world started with. If they can make nests on the ceiling then they could be crawling around up there without us knowing, I think.

Archived