Well my dears, I didn't want to be the one to say this, because I love the Wormwood theme, but I'm sorry to say that Wormwood can easily be replaced by Wickerbottom or WX-78. But I bring good news, following the pattern of updates we had with a complete rework and some adjustments to a paid character (Wurt and Wortox), I hope that the next rework will follow the Wormwood adjustment. So I come here to bring you some ideas that I think would make Wormwood players happy:

Making Weeds Useful for Wormwood:
-Forget-Me-Lots: Produce their flowers twice as fast when being tended by a Wormwood, now being a very good option for filling recipes.
-Fire Nettles: It still doesn't damage Wormwood, but the heating effect only works for twice as long and can't generate super heat.
- Tillweed: The item produces with double speed and the "Tillweed Salve" has its healing effect doubled on Wormwood and its recipe has the ingredient changed from 4 flowers to 1 papyrus.
- Spiny Bindweed: Now this plant binds and attacks everything that damages or is attacked by Wormwood in the vicinity.
- Wormwood can plant the fruits of weeds directly into the ground to spawn another weed of the same type.

16 minutes ago, Trevindo said:

I think would make Wormwood players happy:

I would be made very happy if his craftables were to be made HD!!

image.thumb.png.c03922190a8e99379a91a6e3d19c0c78.png

Look at this poor blooming child of plantae and moon lacking in visual quality of his craftables.. I want to see the worn bramble husk in full artistic glory!

He still has perks of if own that could encourage to play him.

These are the reasons why I like to play wormwood:

He can craft very cheap equipment for combat ( dark swords and bramble husks).

He can eat basically anything without penalties. You can sustain yourself basically out of garbage in the wilderness (raw monster meat kelp, spoiled food, just about anything only with sanity penalties).

He can heal himself with random garbage no one wants ( rot, guano, rotten eggs).

He can manage his sanity basically for free( just keep planting random seeds until you get your sanity up).

8 minutes ago, Pedro cc said:

He still has perks of if own that could encourage to play him.

These are the reasons why I like to play wormwood:

He can craft very cheap equipment for combat ( dark swords and bramble husks).

He can eat basically anything without penalties. You can sustain yourself basically out of garbage in the wilderness (raw monster meat kelp, spoiled food, just about anything only with sanity penalties).

He can heal himself with random garbage no one wants ( rot, guano, rotten eggs).

He can manage his sanity basically for free( just keep planting random seeds until you get your sanity up).

This is the reason I play wormwood tbh so even if Wickerbottom power creeps his farming abilities out of existence I can't really say I'm too bothered by it. 

I'm surprised of the concern, while the characters do have notable different farming perks (tho don't mind me if I exclude WX-78 from the list because all they have is a One Man Band augment, being enough to tend hundreds of crops so...)
I'm not seeing this as a problem of his specific abilities, Wicker has the ability to grow a finite amount of plants per use of the Horticulture books, in non-giant sizes and at a cost of sanity that I honestly think might not be so much of a fair trade compared to waiting the few days it take to grow them for free, if you plant tons this already put two-three downsides Wormwood doesn't bother with since they'll take full profit of what they plant, bonus the totally free time saving it is to not till the floor.
So tell me about it but with my time as a Wickerbottom since the refresh (didn't play her much before, and with the RWYS update it feels like the Horticulture book nerf is fair), I much preferred to let the crop do their job better than granny despite she can help a little using the other helpful books. Sounds like a new character combo but it's far from being a replacement as who's the farmer, with or without theory crafting. :)

Also with Wormwood being a character that might be sometime self updating himself with updates bringing innovating plants (with more to come hopefully), I wouldn't be too worried about the character getting bland, but I do think that your weed suggestions are on point, especially the Bindweed one.

Hiya, Wormwood main here.

Wormwood currently is fine as is and Wicker nor WX are stepping on his leaves. Wormwood is a lot more than just his farming capabilities. He is quite remarkable in combat as well. Unlike every other character, Wormwood can make Dark Swords practically on demand. (So long as you have the nightmare fuel). His armor, the Bramble Husk is superior to the log suit in every way while also providing offensive capabilities. It also has the added benefit of gathering cactus and twigs from thorny bushes without receiving damage. He is able to heal using fertilizers which is a great way to dump excess rot. Wormwood does not have to waste time or materials on tilling something unique to him. He is able to collect barnacles from Sea Weed while they are awake, and make use of Lureplants in combat scenarios (ie Bee queen).
Wormwood is amazing at Area of Effect damage thanks to his Bramble Husk and Bramble Traps, only being surpassed by Abigail. Finally Wormwood also has the fastest move speed with no gimmicks. (Well increased hunger drain but w/e you have infintie pumpkins anyway) unlike WX who has to slot in multiple speed boosts instead of other items to compare to the speed. Combine with the Magniluminescence and he is as fast as a leaf in a hurricane.

I am open to adding new things to Wormwood but I am extremely worried. Everything he has currently should not be touched. If they add a thing here or there, that is cool. His penalties are why I love him, and his perks are why I love him.

Edit: I forgot to mention: You have 400 seeds piling up in your Seed Pack-it? Shove them in the ground! No tilling no upkeep required, turn those soon to be rotten seeds into Food!

Edit #2: Something I would like changed is Wormwood being able to tell the difference between Mysterious Plants and Worm Bait. It seems odd only Woodie can tell considering Wormwood is... a plant. (I know you can tell when one is wet and the other is dry but still flavor!)

Wormwood is one of the worst characters in dst. Outclassed in farming by wickerbottom. Mediocre armor requiring living logs. The only use of wormwood is using him for living logs which is not a scarce resource in late game.

32 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Mediocre armor requiring living logs.

Have you ever used that armor because it doesn't seem like it the armor is one of the best armors in the game against hordes and his traps aren't bad for fighting hordes either his speed boost isn't bad either. Wormwood has long become more than just a farmer/living log dispenser.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Have you ever used that armor because it doesn't seem like it the armor is one of the best armors in the game against hordes and his traps aren't bad for fighting hordes either his speed boost isn't bad either. Wormwood has long become more than just a farmer/living log dispenser.

Ah yes 12 dmg in aoe every 3 seconds so good.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Hordes mistakes happen and not getting overly punished by them matters.

Hordes of what? Hounds? traps exist. Splumonkeys? Rook exist. I don't see why I should choose a character based solely on crowd control. Crowd control that requires me to get hit and stunlocked to actually be useful.

14 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Hordes of what? Hounds? traps exist. Splumonkeys? Rook exist. I don't see why I should choose a character based solely on crowd control. Crowd control that requires me to get hit and stunlocked to actually be useful.

It's great for rushing atrium. The bramble husk deals with the small tentacles.

2 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

What ever happened to just playing a character because you like them?

Why does everyone need to compete with Wicker? Wickers only defining trait is having random overpowered spells.

If you like Wormwood, play Wormwood.

Overpowered you say?

51 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

saying wormwood is the worst character to later mentioning that traps exists to deal with hounds... self explanatory 

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

saying wormwood is the worst character to later mentioning that traps exists to deal with hounds... self explanatory 

Never said wormwood is the worst character + elaborate instead of acting superior

Archived