(the following contents are all form translation software,please forgive me if there is something wrong)

At first, what attracts me about wamwood is his agricultural ability. I think it's very interesting to have a small tree man with planting ability. But when I started playing, I found that his ability just makes farming convenient. In fact, he has little to do with farming. You can plant well by changing any character. In fact, the fetter between wamwood and plants is not well reflected in planting. But after playing for a while, I was deeply attracted by other places in wormwood. The first is WARMWOOD's armor. At the beginning of the game, this thing really helped us a lot, which is very practical and unique. The design of eating excrement and producing live wood is interesting and reasonable, which is one of the joys of my friends and I in the game. When I cut off my right hand with a wooden sword, everyone laughed. When I collect cannibals with my bare hands, barnacles and cacti with my bare hands, and walk in the rain without an umbrella, I will proudly let my teammates see me. I can freely eat monster thousand layer cakes and all foods that reduce my blood volume in front of my teammates. When I am doing something, I will always attract a lot of bees. Sometimes I will take bees to harass my teammates. When I play WARMWOOD for a period of time, I feel that bees are really like friends of WARMWOOD. (although friends can sometimes be used to make armor for teammates) I think it is these unique and useless places that make wamwood interesting. It would be better if wamwood could be completely free from the restriction of rain. This would make wamwood more interesting. It would not be affected by humidity, but it would be cold because of humidity. It is very strange and completely unnecessary.
The above is what I think is the advantages of WARMWOOD, but it is also the disadvantages. The mechanism of WARMWOOD is too fragmented, so that the whole character has no real core playing method. His teammates need him very much, but how much? If womwood undertakes the responsibility of farming, it is probably not the player who needs womwood, but the player who needs farming. He is the same kind of plant, friend, but the performance of this in the game is not satisfactory. We need a stronger, more core and irreplaceable mechanism to show that wormwood is the same kind of plant. Wormwood needs a more unique ability that no one has, rather than what other characters can do in a few seconds.
Wormwood is a friend of plants. Maybe wormwood can build a garden full of his unique friends, and build wormwood's unique decorations in it, maybe all kinds of flowers, maybe other plants. This is much more interesting and useful than walking to make crops happy and interesting. His garden can bring him some unique things, and wormwood's teammates can also patronize his garden, Rest or seek shelter in it and marvel at the creativity of WARMWOOD players. Maybe womwood can plant luminous plants inside, powerful plants inside, or just as a decoration. No matter what, this is very in line with the core demands of womwood and its players. When you choose womwood, it means that your game playing method is more casual and helps your teammates. I like to help my teammates decorate the yard when I play womwood, Planning area (the decoration of this game is too few, so I can only buy skin to enrich it). If a garden is really added to womwood, the players' decorative demands, demands for making something, and the practicality of the role can be satisfied. Why not.
Another problem is flowering. When wormwood blooms, it only has the effect of speed addition and making crops happy. I think this is very unreasonable. First of all, you should at least let wormwood bloom in different seasons. Secondly, it is strange that flowering does not change any properties, even if it is to add a photosynthetic characteristic to flowering? Moreover, if womwood blooms differently in four seasons and has different effects, it will become more interesting. If it blooms only for the sake of speed and making the crops happy, it's too boring.
Finally, I'd like to say that the trap unique to WARMWOOD is the most useless thing. Delete it as soon as possible and change it for something else.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, Scrimbles said:

What ever happened to just playing a character because you like them?

Why does everyone need to compete with Wicker? Wickers only defining trait is having random overpowered spells.

If you like Wormwood, play Wormwood.

16591714.jpg.d21b42e36b1ce531b686a0dd7357cd1d.jpg

You literally complained Wicker wasn't interesting because of her kit. How about you play her just for being her? Everytime you make a post about Klei taking character x down a road you're dissatisfied with I'll remind you of this comment.

Anyways, it would be great if Wormwood got some neat interactions with some of the plant life in the constant.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:12 AM, _Ellat_ said:

Never said wormwood is the worst character + elaborate instead of acting superior

On 7/29/2022 at 8:26 AM, _Ellat_ said:

Wormwood is one of the worst characters in dst.

Ah yes this floor here is made of lies

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

16591714.jpg.d21b42e36b1ce531b686a0dd7357cd1d.jpg

You literally complained Wicker wasn't interesting because of her kit. How about you play her just for being her? Everytime you make a post about Klei taking character x down a road you're dissatisfied with I'll remind you of this comment.

Anyways, it would be great if Wormwood got some neat interactions with some of the plant life in the constant.

Would you believe I saw this comment coming from a mile away?

Wickerbottom still lacks anything core to her playstyle to make her fun, she just has disconnected random spells that don't mesh together with anything in her kit. Asking for her to get a proper refresh was never about how viable she was, it was about a fundamental problem she has, and how it's being ignored.

This entire post was about Wormwood not being powerful enough. Not about Wormwood lacking anything that makes him fun or interesting.

35 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Would you believe I saw this comment coming from a mile away?

Funny because I saw your comment from a mile away too! Matter of fact I think this is the second time you've made the exact same comment.

35 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Wickerbottom still lacks anything core to her playstyle to make her fun, she just has disconnected random spells that don't mesh together with anything in her kit. Asking for her to get a proper refresh was never about how viable she was, it was about a fundamental problem she has, and how it's being ignored.

This entire post was about Wormwood not being powerful enough. Not about Wormwood lacking anything that makes him fun or interesting.

You should play Wickerbottom for who she is, not for who you want her to be.

I miss the days people played characters for who they were, matter of fact let's go back to the days characters had no perks! You know what they say, if everyone is special no one is!

And by the way, many people are happy with the rework and think its great. Some people even think she's too powerful. Funny that the grandma who's main take was to always have books, got more books and suddenly that's not good enough. You wouldn't want to hurt some pixel's feelings right? 

Spoiler

Talking about balance is way too taboo in this forum and I'm absolutely sick of it. People get so hung up on thinking that increasing a characters power is "toxic meta", but don't realize that in labeling meta/balance discussions as toxic is in itself toxic. 

I've played Wormwood for years now, I know he can be weak in many areas. Some people still think he's only good at farms and yes, I'd like to see him buffed in a few particular ways. Wanting a character buffed so it's stands out should NOT be frowned upon. People want to nerf characters way too much. We have many characters that are being power creeped on. Not to mention some of the nerfs people come up with make absolutely no sense. Just wanting to nerf left and right to fit their personal narrative/push their own agendas 

People defend Walter because he has a "niche" collecting morsels. It's absurd, like that's some big powerful perk or something. You can like a character and still think they're weak, it's not the same thing! 

Let's separate characters from game balance please, it's not the same thing. You can like a character and still pick apart their weaknesses. Wether you like a character or not has NOTHING to do with proper game balance. It has NOTHING to do with wanting a character to stand out. Wormwood is being power creeped on by several character now. Just because he's a decent character doesn't mean he can't be improved. We SHOULD be able to want characters stand out in powerful ways, many characters do already. I want him to be viable, and he is, but I also want him to stand out in a very powerful way dammit! At this point I don't even care if he becomes the vegetable garden god, he deserves his moment too! (Ok, maybe not powerful in veggies... Please Klei...)

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Funny because I saw your comment from a mile away too! Matter of fact I think this is the second time you've made the exact same comment.

You should play Wickerbottom for who she is, not for who you want her to be.

I miss the days people played characters for who they were, matter of fact let's go back to the days characters had no perks! You know what they say, if everyone is special no one is!

And by the way, many people are happy with the rework and think its great. Some people even think she's too powerful. Funny that the grandma who's main take was to always have books, got more books and suddenly that's not good enough. You wouldn't want to hurt some pixel's feelings right? 

Reveal hidden contents

Talking about balance is way too taboo in this forum and I'm absolutely sick of it. People get so hung up on thinking that increasing a characters power is "toxic meta", but don't realize that in labeling meta/balance discussions as toxic is in itself toxic. 

I've played Wormwood for years now, I know he can be weak in many areas. Some people still think he's only good at farms and yes, I'd like to see him buffed in a few particular ways. Wanting a character buffed so it's stands out should NOT be frowned upon. People want to nerf characters way too much. We have many characters that are being power creeped on. Not to mention some of the nerfs people come up with make absolutely no sense. Just wanting to nerf left and right to fit their personal narrative/push their own agendas 

People defend Walter because he has a "niche" collecting morsels. It's absurd, like that's some big powerful perk or something. You can like a character and still think they're weak, it's not the same thing! 

Let's separate characters from game balance please, it's not the same thing. You can like a character and still pick apart their weaknesses. Wether you like a character or not has NOTHING to do with proper game balance. It has NOTHING to do with wanting a character to stand out. Wormwood is being power creeped on by several character now. Just because he's a decent character doesn't mean he can't be improved. We SHOULD be able to want characters stand out in powerful ways, many characters do already. I want him to be viable, and he is, but I also want him to stand out in a very powerful way dammit! At this point I don't even care if he becomes the vegetable garden god, he deserves his moment too! (Ok, maybe not powerful in veggies... Please Klei...)

If your only objective is to change your point to something else in order to get an argument out of me, please don't message me again.

5 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

If your only objective is to change your point to something else in order to get an argument out of me, please don't message me again.

I'm saying it's ok to have strong characters, we don't have to stop at them being viable. It should be ok for them to stand out in powerful ways 

My point didn't change.

It's easy to just take one aspect of the game and compare characters performance based on just that. For example, there will always be one character that is best at grinding out crops. If that character is Wickerbottom, then it is what it is. But if that's the only thing that character is good at, it gets pretty stale. This is how a character turns into a dedicated swap character. People also say "oh man volt goat jelly is so OP," but Warly is still a character people usually only swap to for a single day of grinding spiced volt goat jelly, and then back to the portal he goes. If all you do when you play DST is sit at a farm and grow crops, then yeah maybe you'll question your decision to pick Wormwood over Wickerbottom, but if the sum of all his other perks are more useful or enjoyable to you than the other things Wickerbottom provides, you'll still prefer playing Wormwood.

That being said, I think if you want to talk about redundant perks for Wormwood, I think WX is a better comparison. I personally enjoy Wormwood for his blooming phase speed and fast plant appeasement, but both of which WX can just turn on with modules. WX can also do so much more than that for me, that I would very rarely take Wormwood over him.

Moving on and hopefully bringing the thread back on topic...

I've always wondered why treeguards drop monster meat upon death, since they look like plant monsters. Leafy meat would make more sense. And if we accept the idea that treeguards are plants, then... what new interaction could Wormwood have with them? Could he be allowed to befriend one by giving it pinecones? Could he be allowed to create one by giving a regular tree his own flesh in the form of living logs? Could he be allowed to "shave" one for free living logs?
Just a thought...

1 hour ago, ChemNPhy said:

I've always wondered why treeguards drop monster meat upon death, since they look like plant monsters. Leafy meat would make more sense.

i wish this would be changed honestly, it feels like treeguards were just given the generic "evil meat" before leafy meat was added, but now that something more appropriate exists (and has for a LONG time!!) i'd love to see it changed. klei seems all about giving more sources of leafy meat lately, just look at the lunar island and ocean fishing and waterlogged biomes >:3

Archived