Whats the point of wurts character anymore?

20 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Wickerbottom can now mass produce fish so as said in the title what's the point of playing wurt anymore?

Huh? I haven't played Wurt in a while but she doesn't have any natural perk that actually helps her get fish faster last I remember, she needs to get rods like most other characters.

If anything, there's now a cool synergy between Wurt and Wicker, Wicker makes a bunch of fish, Wurt can trade them in to the Merm King. Wish you could make merm houses with ocean fish...

plus, just because Wicker can now farm fish doesn't mean Wurt suddenly become useless, her ability to provide fish is still there

she is a type of character that most selfishly benefit her playstyle and teammate that also play as her, the "provide for the team" (that not playing as wurt) is only a small bonus 

Webber could have been like this if spider isn't so bad as a minions.... 

1 minute ago, MikoFanboy said:

plus, just because Wicker can now farm fish doesn't mean Wurt suddenly become useless, her ability to provide fish is still there

she is a type of character that most selfishly benefit her playstyle and teamate that also play as her, the "provide for the team" (that not playing as wurt) is only a small bonus 

Webber could have been like this if spider isn't so bad as a minions.... 

Ok but wickerbottom has additional more significant advantages over wurt and can mass produce fish just as good if not better.

4 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Huh? I haven't played Wurt in a while but she doesn't have any natural perk that actually helps her get fish faster last I remember, she needs to get rods like most other characters.

If anything, there's now a cool synergy between Wurt and Wicker, Wicker makes a bunch of fish, Wurt can trade them in to the Merm King. Wish you could make merm houses with ocean fish...

That would be nice if frazzled wires didin't exist.

Just now, _Ellat_ said:

Ok but wickerbottom has additional more significant advantages over wurt and can mass produce fish just as good if not better.

why can't you just let both do it...

this is like Maxwell vs Woodie all over again 

IMO

Wicker is great if your teammate is other character

while Wurt is great if your teammate also play as Wurt

they have their own playstyle and not anyone gonna like to play as Wicker, same with Wurt

7 minutes ago, MikoFanboy said:

why can't you just let both do it...

this is like Maxwell vs Woodie all over again 

IMO

Wicker is great if your teammate is other character

while Wurt is great if your teammate also play as Wurt

they have their own playstyle and not anyone gonna like to play as Wicker, same with Wurt

I can't let this go because I want characters to be better and have their role in dst rooster. If some characters do the same thing while the other does it better what's the point of playing the worse one? I'm not trying to hate on wurt. I critize her as a character because she is lacking. It is also pointless to make a character just so you can rework another and make them do the same thing and much more. Don't you see my point? I believe wurt should have something more.

1:wurt's main role in team never was farming fish with merms
2:to farm fish as wickerbottom you need to do a lot of setup work, for example killing crab king and getting gnarwail horns, or setting up docks, or making thousands of books
3:they actually combine with each other now, counting that wurt can trade fish for gold and tentacle spots
4:wurt provides a lot of other benefits to team except farming fish, easy early resource gathering, minions in fights, farming bee queen, wurt mains usually go to lunar island first autmn so whole team can get early easy resource of food(stone bushses and kelp), also no one stops you from using merms yourself

now when i and everyone else already mentioned it all and i think this topic is closed so pls let's don't turn this thread in 1000th wurt duscission thread on forums pls

5 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

I can't let this go because I want characters to be better and have their role in dst rooster. If some characters do the same thing while the other does it better what's the point of playing the worse one? I'm not trying to hate on wurt. I critize her as a character because she is lacking. It is also pointless to make a character just so you can rework another and make them do the same thing and much more. Don't you see my point? I believe wurt should have something more.

her kit is aiming to the play style of everyone else also play as her, not a support like Wicker that do anything for anyone

while I do think she need a buff in that part because merm king buff and merm follower is not enough compare to what other team choice can achieve, I don't think she is "useless" because her playstyle is fine, no where near useless

2 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

1:wurt's main role in team never was farming fish with merms
2:to farm fish as wickerbottom you need to do a lot of setup work, for example killing crab king and getting gnarwail horns, or setting up docks, or making thousands of books
3:they actually combine with each other now, counting that wurt can trade fish for gold and tentacle spots
4:wurt provides a lot of other benefits to team except farming fish, easy early resource gathering, minions in fights, farming bee queen, wurt mains usually go to lunar island first autmn so whole team can get early easy resource of food(stone bushses and kelp), also no one stops you from using merms yourself

These are good points but wickerbottom doesnt need to do that much setup to actually farm fish considering the fact that these books are really cheap and can be "repaired" so she can basically do a resource rush every 15 minutes or even quicker. The entire setup is just bunch of books a bookcase few docks and 1 or more trawling nets.

1 minute ago, MikoFanboy said:

her kit is aiming to the play style of everyone else also play as her, not a support like Wicker that do anything for anyone

while I do think she need a buff in that part because merm king buff and merm follower is not enough compare to what other team choice can achieve, I don't think she is "useless" because her playstyle is fine, no where near useless

I never said she's useless. But relying on other players character choice is questionable.

Just like someone said about wurt she seems like a perk soup character with not that much thought put behind the character.

1 minute ago, _Ellat_ said:

These are good points but wickerbottom doesnt need to do that much setup to actually farm fish considering the fact that these books are really cheap and can be "repaired" so she can basically do a resource rush every 15 minutes or even quicker. The entire setup is just bunch of books a bookcase few docks and 1 or more trawling nets.

"killing crab king and getting gnarwail horns" I would love to see you speed run that for your fish farm

42 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Ok... but what does she provide for the team?

wood, marble and stone farming, bee queen and dragon fly farming, frog rain protection with clever disguise. 

6 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

I never said she's useless. But relying on other players character choice is questionable.

Just like someone said about wurt she seems like a perk soup character with not that much thought put behind the character.

yeah but still getting a lot of fish isn't a whole point of wurt and someone doing it else doesn't make them replacement for wurt

tbh relying on other people in multiplayer game is questionable, that's why i play in solo

wdym not much thought?thought behind wurt is living as easy as possible in spring and loving fish(which also connects with eachother), yeah there are some not so useful perks like getting small sanity boost from holding a fish in inventory or not getting penalties from jumping off the boat(because idealy you don't want this to happen at all), but these are waaay less random and useless perks than walter has

Just now, Eughstein said:

yeah but still getting a lot of fish isn't a whole point of wurt and someone doing it else doesn't make them replacement for wurt

tbh relying on other people in multiplayer game is questionable, that's why i play in solo

wdym not much thought?thought behind wurt is living as easy as possible in spring and loving fish(which also connects with eachother), yeah there are some not so useful perks like getting small sanity boost from holding a fish in inventory or not getting penalties from jumping off the boat(because idealy you don't want this to happen at all), but these are waaay less random and useless perks than walter has

Tbh when wurt came out I wanted to main her. I thought it's finally a character for me but I guess I was wrong. I honestly expected wurt to rely more on other merms. Being able to build more than 2 types of houses for merms allowing them to have more professions. Also some water related perks would be nice. The fact she freezes when she's wet is kinda bad and no ability to swim or do anything with water is a let down.

And don't even get me started on walter...

7 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Did you even read what I wrote?

yes? you say the book is cheap, so?
your main point was wicker better at farming fish now but you ignore that just having the book does nothing, since you need to either fish them up one by one or using Strident Trident which take a lot of setup beforehand 

Archived