Why is attacking Chester even possible?

Every time I have something in my hand that does damage, and I go to open Chester, it attacks him instead. Why? and I have the prompt to right click to open but the animation fails. It's weird. I have to unequip anything in my hand before I open Chester. 

To be consistent with being able to target any kill-able entity, presumably. If an entity is able to be attacked the players should be able to attack it. Plus you have the niche thing of healing by hitting Chester with a Bat Bat.

To answer the first question, but the latter is probably due to what lakhnish pointed out. Be aware of the controls.

5 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Are you holding Control while left clicking on Chester? Cause that will do what you're describing.

He would also punch Chester without an item if he was holding control. Maybe he has a mod that's trolling him. 

7 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

The real question is why you all are treating Chester this way

He is evil and unshowered. You ever see a good guy with "Von" in their name before? It's a scientific impossibility. 

Archived