What do you do with the obscene amount of cutlasses you get from the monkeys?

While I understand that DST is NOT Dead Rising/Dead Island.. I also really enjoy the concept of upgradable weapons.. (as long as they aren’t too crazy and outlandish like some of the later entries in DR series)

So for example while the Cutless by itself is mostly Worthless- maybe I could combine it with 1 Tentacle spike and 1 rope to create an actual useful melee weapon.

Otherwise.. they make pretty cool decoration on the deck of a boat, or planted in the ground in sort of a “king authors sword” type display- OR just burned as fuel source like all my Boat Paddles.

14 minutes ago, Ardcrumb said:

I sure hope you aren't burning your battle paddles, they're actually better than driftwood

No the ones I burn are the normal ones that aren’t even driftwood.. they’re so painfully slow.. could probably use a buff to be honest- 

Little unrelated, but I think it would be kinda neat if they were an alternative way to craft dark swords (swapping out the living log in the recipe for a cutless). The very old recipe used to call for twigs to craft them as opposed to living logs, and I think it would be a neat callback to it (while also being fitting).

25 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

I wish you could use them as part of a recipe to craft your own Battle Paddles.

Like for example 3x Cutless, 2x Palm Scales, and 1x Oar.

That is such a good idea i genuinely want you to make a post about it

Archived