Community Setpiece Ideas!

You've read it right, this is a thread to post your setpiece ideas to be added to the game!
Why did I make this? I think that setpieces are slowly getting stale, especially with so many great ones being in solo DS but not in DST! (I'm not the only one, there are a few people that have stated similar things to this in many posts)

And here's an idea for a setpiece with two variants from me, both are hound / varg packs, first one is a varglet surrounded by 3 hounds and a rare variant of it with the varglet being replaced with a varg and the hounds with varglets, because why not, a perma sleeping varg/varglet would be nice for basing I guess!
(or a nice way to die/troll your fellow newbie players on klei dedicated servers)
setpiece2.png.e1db8d6290824ac27b501a0ef9ea6c08.pngsetpiece1.png.be1b55562a4a03be2758d0adbe6a5aa9.png
ᵒʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒʳʳᵉᶜᵗ ᵐʸ ᵍʳᵃᵐᵐᵃʳ

1 hour ago, Echsrick said:

here is something i just made that can be some sort of rare setpice

20220628163547_1.thumb.jpg.ccc9b9947736360bdccfafdf6b0adb86.jpg

I like the idea. We always have failed survivors' skeleton, but have never found any of their buildings or ruins or inventory. Maybe we can find some of their structure, burnt or functional. Maybe let there be the skeleton of the owner at the ruins with his ghost form hovering around.

3 minutes ago, goatt said:

I like the idea. We always have failed survivors' skeleton, but have never found any of their buildings or ruins or inventory. Maybe we can find some of their structure, burnt or functional. Maybe let there be the skeleton of the owner at the ruins with his ghost form hovering around.

actualy there are some kinda base set pices allready with a skeleton allready, these are just super rare

20 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

actualy there are some kinda base set pices allready with a skeleton allready, these are just super rare

If you mean the empty wooden walls in savanah, or spider grass twig trap, or thermometer fridge chest set piece, they are not story-telling. I want ruins that reminds me of my past failures or playthrough, and brings me some emotions.

One example is burnt structures, I will feel a little sad seeing them.

Another example is a base in walls with some of the walls destroyed.

Another example is 3 chests and science machine but 1 of the chests is hammered.

I liked your previous screenshot for the same reason. It was nice looking base, not necessarily fully functional. Seeing it abandoned in wilderness brings out my sadness.

i like to make guarded treasures, like spider related stuff in a chest surrounded by four nests

things like a net, a bee keeper hat, a healing salve, stuff like that

or a chest between 3 hound mounds with a sewing kit the blueprint for tooth trap armor and weapon which you likely used getting it

14 hours ago, goatt said:

We always have failed survivors' skeleton, but have never found any of their buildings or ruins or inventory.

There are several building set pieces, even more in single player, such as the cave base set piece containing a tent and a few other things. And almost every time we see a failed survivor their inventory is nearby. 

21 hours ago, goatt said:

If you mean the empty wooden walls in savanah, or spider grass twig trap, or thermometer fridge chest set piece, they are not story-telling. I want ruins that reminds me of my past failures or playthrough, and brings me some emotions.

There is a camp setpiece with science+magic stations (I don't remember for sure, but they might even both be tier 2). I also remember finding a cave camp setpiece that had a tent. But yes, more of such setpieces would be cool to have.

I’m not really a fan of set pieces to be honest- they just become completely predictable parts of the game after you learn them once, don’t pick up X because it wakes the Y nearby, etc.. Free loot, free bases etc.. instead I’d like to see a truly randomized world, one with a lot less restrictions-

example: Grass currently does not spawn in the oasis desert or in swamps- But what if it did??? Why can I the player shovel up and plant these items in these locations? Why can I plant Moon Quay PalmTrees at the Oasis biome but these same palm trees can’t just naturally spawn on small islands in the ocean somewhere?

I feel like we need a BIG change in how worlds are generated.. and a few set pieces aren’t going to scratch that itch for me.

Klei promised I could “explore randomly generated worlds full of things that hate you and want you to die”

And they need to deliver more of that to me.

Pretty Please? :wilson_love:

I mentioned this in some thread a long time ago, but I had an idea for a set piece in reference to the Three Little Pigs called "Three Little Pigmen".

Three pigmen wearing Straw Hats are trapped in Hay Walls, Wood Walls, and then Stone Walls with a Varg coming after them.

2069269666_ThreeLittlePigmensetpiece.thumb.png.5570bf328df8dc2a1f2e4401699f1699.png

On 6/28/2022 at 4:50 PM, Moonatik said:

It would be nice if some set pieces could change every year. I don't know how, but I'd like it.

Maybe "Every seasonal event"? Because repetatively making a new setpiece every year among other updates may be tedious.

Archived