How stable do you think this update is going to be?

How stable do you think this update is going to be?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. title

• Very stable
    • couple glitches/crashes
    • alot of glitches/crashes

I’m expecting several bugs to leak through onto console.. but we won’t get the update Thursday- Whenever we do get it though.. I full expect its share of bugs, but that’s fine.. because Klei is amazing when it comes to fixes them.

There are some triple A main games with massive game breaking bugs that the developers never bothered to fix before creating a new equally bug filled game.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

There are some triple A main games with massive game breaking bugs that the developers never bothered to fix before creating a new equally bug filled game.

Then don't play them. You literally vote with your wallet.

@nimzowitsch10 if you didn't only play klei public servers and actually played on your own private server these "game-breaking" crashes wouldn't affect you at all since you can re-roll up to like 5 days on private worlds + make your own server backups. Feels like you only care about the bugs and crashes cause you want to shape the klei servers in such a way that it never resets.... Which is a bad thing! Klei should enable an auto-regen after 500days or if the server becomes empty.

P.s. I hope all the klei servers you play crash after 20days repeatedly muhahaha

27 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

@nimzowitsch10 if you didn't only play klei public servers and actually played on your own private server these "game-breaking" crashes wouldn't affect you at all since you can re-roll up to like 5 days on private worlds + make your own server backups. Feels like you only care about the bugs and crashes cause you want to shape the klei servers in such a way that it never resets.... Which is a bad thing! Klei should enable an auto-regen after 500days or if the server becomes empty.

P.s. I hope all the klei servers you play crash after 20days repeatedly muhahaha

Plus the only crash (singular) I can remember making it to live servers was something you had to go out of your way to do so it definitely wouldn't be happening on private servers. 

@Gashzer

I purposely don't play pubs until weeks after the update so I could care less. I'm more concerned about this update breaking things like making beefalo unrideable which took weeks to fix.

@Cheggf

defnitely not, I mean you would crash from literally pressing your crafting menu hotkey. That's how broken that last update was.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m expecting several bugs to leak through onto console.. but we won’t get the update Thursday- Whenever we do get it though.. I full expect its share of bugs, but that’s fine.. because Klei is amazing when it comes to fixes them.

... but those will be very certified bugs! :beaten:

Edit:

Yes, Klei is amazing, and we know the issues will be resolved sooner rather than later. I didn't mean to sound snarky. I do expect any big update to have quite a few dozen wonky bugs however. Anything else would be strange. xd

On 6/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, Gashzer said:

If you want to play for game's multiplayer aspect, the old "???" ping estimation error pretty much "killed" hosting your servers and opening them to public in hopes of randoms joining. Hence official & community pubs remain sole viable options. But after fresh updates, those go down en mass precisely because what OP underlines. A vicious circle.

For some time now DST becomes unplayable via pubs/dedicated servers a couple of days-up-to-a-week (or even more) after new updates roll out. C'est la vie.

3 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If you want to play for game's multiplayer aspect, the old "???" ping estimation error pretty much "killed" hosting your servers and opening them to public in hopes of randoms joining. Hence official & community pubs remain sole viable options. But after fresh updates, those go down en mass precisely because what OP underlines. A vicious circle.

For some time now DST becomes unplayable via pubs/dedicated servers a couple of days-up-to-a-week (or even more) after new updates roll out. C'est la vie.

Yeah i still fail to see the issue. Just invite your mates to play on  your regular non-dedicated hosted server until the pubs are bug fixed? 

Nimzowitsch wants the klei servers to never reset at all by the sounds of it. Ofc i'm all for the klei servers getting instantly rebooted with no bugs or crashes after an update, however Nimzowitsch mentioned in a different post how he wants the klei servers to maintain its save between any crashes or updates.

Which again thats fine.... if klei enables an auto reset after 500days to prevent groups of friends from playing a klei server to day 8000.

My main problem with Nimzowitsch's complaining on the forums is that his intentions don't come across as entirely sincere to me, i believe more selfish sinister motives are afoot! *ruffles tinfoil hat*

This beta when it goes live should be relatively stable.

There were so many bugs in this beta that we've reported and just about every single one of them were fixed (there are some known issues of course).

The attack bug issue was more of an anomoly than the standard and if anything, the bugs will probably be with whatever skins they add when it goes live.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Yeah i still fail to see the issue. Just invite your mates to play on  your regular non-dedicated hosted server until the pubs are bug fixed?

Many people don't have friends to play DST with, only option, once more, being pubs. It's ok, from my pov isn't "a monumental issue" since is not a-must to play the game exactly when updates pop out. KLei pubs have indeed that save problem (related to Cloud hosting) for a while now. And community pubs tend to solve new problems rather quickly, either via roll-backs, restarting the servers (Cave shard the most) and so on. There are solutions on player's end even in pubs' case, if one is willing to look for them sincerely.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Nimzowitsch wants the klei servers to never reset at all by the sounds of it. Ofc i'm all for the klei servers getting instantly rebooted with no bugs or crashes after an update, however Nimzowitsch mentioned in a different post how he wants the klei servers to maintain its save between any crashes or updates.

Which again thats fine.... if klei enables an auto reset after 500days to prevent groups of friends from playing a klei server to day 8000.

My main problem with Nimzowitsch's complaining on the forums is that his intentions don't come across as entirely sincere to me, i believe more selfish sinister motives are afoot! *ruffles tinfoil hat*

Yes, I've seen OP time-and-again in topics related to KLei official servers, mainly in what you describe as principal subject. Nothing to add there, except I for one am ok with official pubs lasting as long as players going there can sustain the play sessions up (Survival mode). Yep, I know about the "server hoarders" type of griefers - placing traps in various locations to kill random casual players, kicking randoms out (especially to free slots for their friends), imposing certain subjective rules on otherwise public spaces, "keeping server alive" with elaborate AFK-ing via bots and special contraptions (like the vertical builds) plus more. Yet, since KLei doesn't want to impose any rules on their servers, meaning run-of-the-mill griefing in form of burning/hammering is tolerated, I myself see no technical problem with "server hording" too (not addressing the moral issue though); either squash both forms, or allow everything (as per now). Not to mention the "servers taken hostage" is a direct consequence of burning&hammering trolls for $hits'n'giggles - action and reaction, certainly both ugly. No matter OP's ulterior motives, the prevalence of bugs for some time now, immediately after new updates roll out (more-so if Betas existed prior to launch), is a valid observation.

2 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Not everybody can host. Some people cannot run dst with caves. I don't know OP, but public server might be their only option.

@Gashzer

Not sure what your misconception with me is, but I'm all for server resets as long as it's not crash/update related. What is wrong with that? A person with literally 1 day can gather 2 buddies and reset the klei server, it's that easy. That's usually what happens anyways in the endless server after around 100+ days. There's no conspiracy to prevent all forms of resetting that's ridiculous. I don't kick anyone from servers unless they're actively burning base (in that scenario it's over because they keep logging back on to burn base), I don't use AFK bots to hog a server, that stuff would make things boring. What happens usually is our hidden base gets burned and hammered and we accept it because that's the nature of pubs. I mean, check my post history, there's a group of griefers that actively search for our base using observer + nightvision and burn it to the ground which is usually when I take a hiatus to get them off our back.

I also play pubs because my machine cannot handle dedicated servers for a long period of time and also all the community servers around me are 100+ ping or heavily modded. I've played private servers with ppl I know, it gets really boring. I actually delete all my worlds after around 300+ days because of how boring it gets, which is why I welcome resetting at a certain point unless it's not crash or update because that is frustrating.

Archived