Some quesitons about Fuelweaver lore.

So, recently i started thinking more and more about dst lore and i want to know what's people view on lore, if specifically shadows and Ancient Fuelweaver.

First question:Who is Fuelweaver?During fight we can see him mentioning "his city", because of that a lot of people think that Fuelweaver was one of leaders of bugs civlizations, but then why we can see fuelweaver appearing in metheus puzzle in part before all bugs got skill issued?Also he doesn't look anything like bug people we have seen, also in one of his quotes he mentions Metheus, meaning it's not him, counting that other ruler wasn't using nightmare fuel and only got skill issued by it then who it is?Personally i think that there was some civlization before bugs, same one that also created portal, but i would also want to see yours opinions and explanations about it.

Second question: Who's skeletons are one under Atrium?During FW fight he summons woven shadows, very annoying but in my opinion also important to lore ability. Unlike other shadows in game Woven Shadows just like FW aren't just nightmare fuel, but nightmare fuel that covers a physical object, bones. Are these are skeletons of ancient bugs?If yes then who moved them there?

Thanks for understanding.

4 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

Second question: Who's skeletons are one under Atrium?During FW fight he summons woven shadows, very annoying but in my opinion also important to lore ability. Unlike other shadows in game Woven Shadows just like FW aren't just nightmare fuel, but nightmare fuel that covers a physical object, bones. Are these are skeletons of ancient bugs?If yes then who moved them there?

Since Fuel weaver is made with random fossils that get possessed its probably that those skeletons are also random fossils possessed by nightmare fuel.

Actually they could be from the ancients and any creature they domesticated/farmed.

4 hours ago, Eughstein said:

First question:Who is Fuelweaver?During fight we can see him mentioning "his city", because of that a lot of people think that Fuelweaver was one of leaders of bugs civlizations, but then why we can see fuelweaver appearing in metheus puzzle in part before all bugs got skill issued?Also he doesn't look anything like bug people we have seen, also in one of his quotes he mentions Metheus, meaning it's not him, counting that other ruler wasn't using nightmare fuel and only got skill issued by it then who it is?Personally i think that there was some civlization before bugs, same one that also created portal, but i would also want to see yours opinions and explanations about it.

I believe he was the king of the ancient civilization who ruled along side the queen, Metheus, as seen on the murals,

Spoiler

image.png.c877a66113ee14e8e99653b5860d0064.png

him being the one who wanted to use the Fuel and made his subjects worship it while the queen venerated the Light, 

Spoiler

image.png.36d347c6e1177e6eaccdb4b061e4860d.png

but the Fuel was too much for them and eventually corrupted them and started to kill the bug people and even infected the king but the queen attemped to save him with the Light

Spoiler

image.png.907043b2caa416475e1c4bf9647f5776.png

but it wasn't enough and the Fuel corrupted her as well, turning her into the darkness. The king in an attempt to seal the gateway where the Fuel was coming from, locked himself in the Throne.

Spoiler

image.png.920c214ce26029bb7dcc03f6e0db7c37.png

For why he doesn't resemble the king in the murals, it could be that it's the spirit of the king possesing the already existing fossils as the king's spirit remains in the Atrium, it could also explain why the Forest and Caves Reanimated Skeletons act more mind-lessly.

4 hours ago, Just-guy said:

I believe he was the king of the ancient civilization who ruled along side the queen, Metheus, as seen on the murals,

Hide contents

image.png.c877a66113ee14e8e99653b5860d0064.png

him being the one who wanted to use the Fuel and made his subjects worship it while the queen venerated the Light, 

Hide contents

image.png.36d347c6e1177e6eaccdb4b061e4860d.png

but the Fuel was too much for them and eventually corrupted them and started to kill the bug people and even infected the king but the queen attemped to save him with the Light

Hide contents

image.png.907043b2caa416475e1c4bf9647f5776.png

but it wasn't enough and the Fuel corrupted her as well, turning her into the darkness. The king in an attempt to seal the gateway where the Fuel was coming from, locked himself in the Throne.

Hide contents

image.png.920c214ce26029bb7dcc03f6e0db7c37.png

For why he doesn't resemble the king in the murals, it could be that it's the spirit of the king possesing the already existing fossils as the king's spirit remains in the Atrium, it could also explain why the Forest and Caves Reanimated Skeletons act more mind-lessly.

Thanks for explanation, i still wonder tho what was a race of creatures that fw skeleton originally belongs to, while i was doing "researches"(opening dst wiki) for this question i noticed that skeletons of woven shadows and Fuelweaver himself are very similar to each other, so there could actually be some another type of creatures that lived in caves

3 hours ago, goblinball said:

Fuelweaver is almost definitely the ancient king, whatever his name is. If metheus can “possess” Charlie, then the king being able to “possess” fuelweaver is definitely a possibility.

The theory I've heard says him to be Cyclum

1 minute ago, Eughstein said:

Yeah, Cyclum is with torch, Metheus with cane 

Fuelweaver addresses Metheus, and is confirmed male, so he must be Cyclum then. The one who possesses Charlie is Metheus, pretty much confirmed by the description of the Axiom Visus trailer which has a hidden message saying "Metheus is here". Charlie is the only one present in the video, aside from Alter of course, and she has the torch. Which is why I believe Cyclum is the one with the cane and Metheus is the one with the torch. If you look at the two rulers in the murals I'd say it's relatively easy to distinguish the genders, too.

19 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Fuelweaver addresses Metheus, and is confirmed male, so he must be Cyclum then. The one who possesses Charlie is Metheus, pretty much confirmed by the description of the Axiom Visus trailer which has a hidden message saying "Metheus is here". Charlie is the only one present in the video, aside from Alter of course, and she has the torch. Which is why I believe Cyclum is the one with the cane and Metheus is the one with the torch. If you look at the two rulers in the murals I'd say it's relatively easy to distinguish the genders, too.

I mean there is a chance that Charlie just looted corpse of Cyclum and got some epic stuff

26 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Fuelweaver addresses Metheus, and is confirmed male

Also want to say that even tho we know that one of rulers was a male, we never got confirmation that other one was female (at least as i know), they weren't a couple of king and queen, but rulers of 2 groups of bugs civilization, one chose nightmare fuel, other chose moon, so it's possible for them both to be males

4 hours ago, Eughstein said:

Also want to say that even tho we know that one of rulers was a male, we never got confirmation that other one was female (at least as i know), they weren't a couple of king and queen, but rulers of 2 groups of bugs civilization, one chose nightmare fuel, other chose moon, so it's possible for them both to be males

415212803_Screenshot_20220611-0843302.png.d9b7bba008ca822a7bd2e491567461b5.png

From the wiki.

i think there are many plot holes arround him

why we activated the portal just to assemble the fossils? i guess in the real lore fw is already there and wakes up when the survivors activate the portal but gameplay wise makes no sense

and why the skeleton only acts like him near the portal when is the same shadow heart

why the shadow heart is inside some shadows resembling robots

51 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and why the skeleton only acts like him near the portal when is the same shadow heart

Yeah that's just the thing, proximity to the gateway, how the forest stalker is the stupidest, and most passive, cave stalker than gurgle incoherently and will attack, and fuelweaver is of course fully aware

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think there are many plot holes arround him

why we activated the portal just to assemble the fossils? i guess in the real lore fw is already there and wakes up when the survivors activate the portal but gameplay wise makes no sense

i think in terms of lore skeleton was already there, as for heart it's probably just charlie giving it to survivors on her own way, without any real connection to lore

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

"What if we made an evil skeleton and gave it this weird heart thing? That would be funny, I think." is Wilson's most famous and well known quote.

The A in AFW stands for anime. He is an anime villain and his essence is stored in the gateway phylactery. The closer the skeleton is to it the more conscious it is and the more control over it he has.

Wortox did it for no reason.

The survivors all have quotes on the Shadow Atrium; some say it is pure evil/twisted (true), others cite how it seems immensely powerful, and a select few claim experiencing feelings of sorrow. Perhaps the reason they reanimate the skeleton is because of the heart yearning corporality. If the survivors found the Atrium, they felt the heart's connection to that tragic place. They then reassembled the skeleton and awoke the Fuelweaver.

Not the best speculation this Rose Appraiser could create, but hopefully this can suffice a bit.

33 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The A in AFW stands for anime. He is an anime villain and his essence is stored in the gateway phylactery. The closer the skeleton is to it the more conscious it is and the more control over it he has.

best quote on dst forums i have seen so far

On 6/11/2022 at 4:28 AM, DaZoul said:

The theory I've heard says him to be Cyclum

I find this dumb since cyclum is just Latin for cycle and is a reference to how in the cyclum puzzle it’s just a continuous cycle of people sitting on the throne 

One thing I'm curious about regarding Fuelweaver are these two quotes when summoning the Unseen Hands:

• "Lend me your power, one last time."
  • "Protect me."

If Fuelweaver is not the one summoning the Unseen Hands, or is using someone else's power to summon the Unseen Hands, then who is that other person?

On 6/13/2022 at 6:01 AM, SomebodyRandom said:

One thing I'm curious about regarding Fuelweaver are these two quotes when summoning the Unseen Hands:

• "Lend me your power, one last time."
  • "Protect me."

If Fuelweaver is not the one summoning the Unseen Hands, or is using someone else's power to summon the Unseen Hands, then who is that other person?

I know it'd be paradoxical since the FW repeatedly warns the players and is trying to stop them from helping/freeing Them, but considering the nature of the shadow hands (which similar to nightmare creatures can only be seen while insane) I'm inclined to believe it's actually invoking power from Them to stop the players while ironically using power from Them.

Archived