Ways need ways to "unexterminate" some wiped resources like beefalo, beefalo effigy idea + seeds spoilage topic at the end

We already can recreate voltgoat herds in spring rain through hunting.

I'm often playing on endless servers and every single beefalo being ALWAYS wiped was a problem. They're gone means this world will never have them anymore without admin commands or mods.
They could be unexterminated like volt goats by hunting on the savanna.

OR [Beefalo Effigy]

Committing some ritual where you build beefalo effigy from grass, living logs, and bones for horns(with the ability to put a lightning conductor on them or let them have lightning attracting properties on their own) and hit it with lightning for example from telelocator staff to turn it into beefalo, hard to convey to player though but when did you learn that you have to specifically hunt, in spring, in stormy weather to spawn a goat? Seeing a beefalo effigy in the magic tab could be more explanatory than that. Also, the effigy could be equipped with a bell which would prevent it from turning into a beefalo and change functionality to work as a meat effigy but on your beefalo. If beefalo dies it's now bound to the effigy's bell because if it were bound to your inventory bell it would just teleport the beefalo back to you which would be weird.

A similar but currently not impossible to solve problem is with pig skins. Some selfish people would just destroy every single pig house on the map to hoard all skins and leave/die in ruins. With no skins, you can't build pig houses. The only way to get them back would be to start the moon caller staff event which spawns werepigs and gets you skins to slowly restore pigmanity.
That's a pretty tough way compared to the voltgoat.
If we could find pig skins in tumbleweeds like gears or in sunken chests (that need some buffs to be worth looking for them) then it could provide a less intense way to restore pigs.
Pig king accepts pig skins and bunny puffs for gold, perhaps something else rarer and more valuable than gold yet still accessible could be traded for skins and bunny puffs? An offering for skins could be some harder to make dishes like fig stuffed trunk. Tough IMO it should yield more than one skin.
Bunnymen also can be wiped.
Look there's a slurper pelt in offerings, maybe it could be traded for a bunny puff or belt of hunger for multiple puffs? Both come from underground so it kind of makes sense.
How to convey it to the player? Not sure but it could be done like the crafting tab how crabby hermit does it perhaps.

image.thumb.png.fbff7d3b0cc5877e17df3d8a2e26153d.png    

On the other side something more related to the server mentioned. It runs on long seasons meaning it's hard to keep for example pumpkin seeds unspoiled until next autumn even in an icebox/seedpack with no bundling wrap. Their spoilage time could scale with year's length or I could refresh their freshness by replanting them before their favored season, that's extra work, I love farming but it just makes it extra tiring due to their spoilage rate being balanced around 70 days year. I could get bundling wrap but then what was the point of seed-pack-it buff if there are better ways to preserve seeds? I would even give up the ability to eat them if they could last indefinitely. I would like to take longer breaks from farming so I'm not bored with it yet I don't have to start over. I'm sure many other people also feel like this. 

14 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Ppl have talked about beefalo being able to go extinct but genuine question how many ppl have actually experienced this and witness a world lose all of its beefalo?

I have experienced it once. I was going to make a merm King for my base in a public server. When I asked for the location of a beefalo heard , people told me they were extinted. I thought that they told me that because they didn't want someone to exterminate them, so I searched on all the posible locations. They weren't lying.

(I think the only way to get beefalo wool after the beefalo extintion is by searching in tumbleweeds. I don't know if there's other ways.) 

Beefalo should just respawn if there’s none left in a world. They’re such a basic resource that you shouldn’t have to go on a hunt to get them back. Have them respawn in Spring at old herd spots in groups of 1 or 2, and let them breed until they’re abundant again.

Pigs being vaguely non-renewable is quite weird too, again, they’re a basic resource. The pig king could be an easy solution to this, maybe after donating him so much meat he’ll start spawning new pig houses near him up to a maximum of 16. 

Klei has spent a while not caring or simply not prioritising old parts of the game like these. Tallbirds still aren’t even guaranteed in a world which is sad.

1 hour ago, LiamAshvinn001 said:

Simple. regenerate world

That's no solution solution. I'm not admin.

2 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

It's cool idea, but I think just add an ability to find a small or normal beefalo only in savanna and, I don't know, at summer or winter would be enough.

1 hour ago, deemo_ said:

Beefalo should just respawn if there’s none left in a world. They’re such a basic resource that you shouldn’t have to go on a hunt to get them back. Have them respawn in Spring at old herd spots in groups of 1 or 2, and let them breed until they’re abundant again.

Pigs being vaguely non-renewable is quite weird too, again, they’re a basic resource. The pig king could be an easy solution to this, maybe after donating him so much meat he’ll start spawning new pig houses near him up to a maximum of 16. 

Klei has spent a while not caring or simply not prioritising old parts of the game like these. Tallbirds still aren’t even guaranteed in a world which is sad.

But I need wool before winter and all autumn beefs are dead. What now?

10 minutes ago, Wonz said:

I wanted beefalo to tame

So go for a hunt.

I'm not against your idea, but I don't think it's necessary.

But. It's could be cool if we'll have an ability to reassurect tamed befalo using similar method. I rollback my world too much times, cause this stupid beast decide to walk through my trap field

About seeds. Klei can just let us make them fresh via bird stomach. Easy and simple 

1 minute ago, Frogzard said:

I'm confused. You mean like via the suspicious dirt pile? I how would that help them find a beefalo to tame?

19 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

It's cool idea, but I think just add an ability to find a small or normal beefalo only in savanna and, I don't know, at summer or winter would be enough.

6 hours ago, Wonz said:

On the other side something more related to the server mentioned. It runs on long seasons meaning it's hard to keep for example pumpkin seeds unspoiled until next autumn even in an icebox/seedpack with no bundling wrap. Their spoilage time could scale with year's length or I could refresh their freshness by replanting them before their favored season, that's extra work, I love farming but it just makes it extra tiring due to their spoilage rate being balanced around 70 days year. I could get bundling wrap but then what was the point of seed-pack-it buff if there are better ways to preserve seeds? I would even give up the ability to eat them if they could last indefinitely. I would like to take longer breaks from farming so I'm not bored with it yet I don't have to start over. I'm sure many other people also feel like this

i plant them because, even if the plant rots, they regrow and you can feed a bird with the veggies when you are ready to plant again

11 hours ago, goblinball said:

Ppl have talked about beefalo being able to go extinct but genuine question how many ppl have actually experienced this and witness a world lose all of its beefalo?

In one of my own private worlds, beefalo went extinct due to an unfortunate combination of frog rain and hounds. I've been more careful about running to beefalo for protection from those things since then, so it hasn't happened again. But it did happen to me once without me hunting the beefalo myself at all.

11 hours ago, goblinball said:

I've seen it happen on Klei servers several times. What I've seen happen much less is volt goats going extinct, but they're allowed to be recreated. People foolishly use beefalo for protection against things like hounds, deerclops, frogs, etc, and it gets them all killed. You could say that it's their own fault for doing bad things, which is true, but it's your own fault for killing all the goats and they're allowed to come back. 

I kind of deeply enjoy the idea of “if you don’t take care of your world things can go extinct”

This also teaches kids real life value lessons Aka- Take care of the planet, don’t pollute, don’t hunt endanger species into extinction etc..

I strongly strongly STRONGLY feel like if everything just renewed itself, there would be no sense of risk or danger involved in the game anymore, if I lure a Beefalo Herd to their extinction because I thought Bearger would be no match for them that should be lasting repercussions I need to deal with.

If I let Deerclops recklessly smash all my Catcoon dens there should be some sort of negative impact to that.

Because if everything just renews… what’s the sense of danger and caution you need to take? Why care AT ALL what burns in a Summer Wildfire if all the reeds you should’ve needed to carefully gather and take someplace else (maybe replanting in a cave grotto or in the Water Logged Biome) 

Currently people hate summer because their precious non-renewable reeds can burn but what happens when everything just renews itself?

Why would I even care if I carelessly let a patch of reeds burn in a wildfire if they will just regrow in a short duration?

These kind of changes cause a “Ripple Effect” throughout gameplay.

And the absolute BEST way I can describe it is are you going to run around trying to no scope as many enemies as you can for a kill score in a shooter game where you can just die and Respawn? Or if your playing a Battle Royale or a You only live Once type game are you going to take a little extra caution and play a bit more strategically to stay alive longer?

With Renewed Resources in DST it causes the reverse effect- instead of caring what happens to your world, it’s mobs, its resources etc.. you can just run around like those Call of Duty No Scope players while giggling with iconic resemblance to the cartoon characters Ed, Edd & Eddy.

TL:DR- Having everything renew itself would strip the franchise of any claim it may have once had to being an “Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game.”

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why would I even care if I carelessly let a patch of reeds burn in a wildfire if they will just regrow in a short duration?

so you dont waste time trying to "respawn" those things like happens when you try to get more volt goat herds. Even if they can respawn via tracks i take a lot of care to protect them since i dont want to go throw the annoyance of looking for tracks in the oasis during spring

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I kind of deeply enjoy the idea of “if you don’t take care of your world things can go extinct”

This also teaches kids real life value lessons Aka- Take care of the planet, don’t pollute, don’t hunt endanger species into extinction etc..

I strongly strongly STRONGLY feel like if everything just renewed itself, there would be no sense of risk or danger involved in the game anymore, if I lure a Beefalo Herd to their extinction because I thought Bearger would be no match for them that should be lasting repercussions I need to deal with.

If I let Deerclops recklessly smash all my Catcoon dens there should be some sort of negative impact to that.

Because if everything just renews… what’s the sense of danger and caution you need to take? Why care AT ALL what burns in a Summer Wildfire if all the reeds you should’ve needed to carefully gather and take someplace else (maybe replanting in a cave grotto or in the Water Logged Biome) 

Currently people hate summer because their precious non-renewable reeds can burn but what happens when everything just renews itself?

These kind of changes cause a “Ripple Effect” throughout gameplay.

And the absolute BEST way I can describe it is are you going to run around trying to no scope as many enemies as you can for a kill score in a shooter game where you can just die and Respawn? Or if your playing a Battle Royale or a You only live Once type game are you going to take a little extra caution and play a bit more strategically to stay alive longer?

With Renewed Resources in DST it causes the reverse effect- instead of caring what happens to your world, it’s mobs, its resources etc.. you can just run around like those Call of Duty No Scope players while giggling with iconic resemblance to the cartoon characters Ed, Edd & Eddy.

TL:DR- Having everything renew itself would strip the franchise of any claim it may have once had to being an “Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game.”

For a singleplayer game it would make sense. But it isn't a singleplayer game anymore, DST has public servers, in which resources can completely disappear because random guy joined and killed all beefalos for no reason or because he/she didn't know that there weren't any other herds, and what to do now? It's only one guy's fault, but everyone on the server will have issues because of it. Also, who the hell hates summer for burning reeds? I've never heard someone using this as the reason.

And about the main post: trading with pig king for something except gold would be weird, from the start of the game's release pig king wasn't selling anything of that sort, only sculpture sketches for chess pieces but that's it, adding that renewability for already renewable common resources wouldn't make sense. Bunny puffs can just be added to tumbleweed loot maybe and that's it. Pig skin renewability through the moonstone event is entirely fair because I've never ever seen someone find all pig houses in the world, hammer them and leave, there's always some left in the world.

I think it should be simpler.

Every new spring day 1, the world checks if there is any wild beef left in the world, if not, add 1 single beef in the small savanna in mandrake forest.

If burnt reed can automatically regrow in spring, beefalos are not more special than reeds.

8 hours ago, goatt said:

I think it should be simpler.

Every new spring day 1, the world checks if there is any wild beef left in the world, if not, add 1 single beef in the small savanna in mandrake forest.

If burnt reed can automatically regrow in spring, beefalos are not more special than reeds.

I don't like how it's spring or summer since you need wool in winter for most good clothes, winter hat 120, beefalo hat 240, puffy vest 240, those are the best items and they're able to go scarce, imagine if ruins couldn't reset. If you don't get wool in autumn or winter you'll have to stay with overrated thermal stone, 60 insulation options and maybe if you're lucky and first to grab it first a tam o' but it's RNG and you'll be fighting cold by the time another spawns. 

15 hours ago, Wonz said:

I don't like how it's spring or summer since you need wool in winter for most good clothes, winter hat 120, beefalo hat 240, puffy vest 240, those are the best items and they're able to go scarce, imagine if ruins couldn't reset. If you don't get wool in autumn or winter you'll have to stay with overrated thermal stone, 60 insulation options and maybe if you're lucky and first to grab it first a tam o' but it's RNG and you'll be fighting cold by the time another spawns. 

Then do the check every season, or even everyday. But it can be dealt with without adding it extra content.

36 minutes ago, goatt said:

Then do the check every season, or even everyday. But it can be dealt with without adding it extra content.

I suggested the hunt or effigy so player can take matters in their own hands. By this logic pig houses neither needed to be craftable and are just extra conetent, why not let them respawn like trees when some are missing instead of being cratable? Don't like extra content? Don't use it. Simple as.

Archived