[Game Update] - 505285

Ahh two patches back to back but no WX additions? Guess that's a wrap-up on the hopes of 

-Chorusbox tormenting Maxwell

-Volt Goat attacks, Milkmade hat and PvP electric attacks charging WX

-Merm spawning penalty on Winter lessened or removed

Ohwell, regardless thanks for the awesome beta experience we had for the past couplr of weeks, cant wait to enjoy WX in the main branch.

Edited by SinancoTheBest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StevenM said:

Fixed an issue causing F key attacks to be delayed when the F key is held down.

I noticed that with caves disabled - it works perfectly, but with caves enabled that delay in attacking is still noticeable sadly.

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

at the moment I am playing on the beta branch, but it feels like the delay is still there? definitely felt like it was a bit quicker before, there is a weird stiffness to it that I am struggling to explain but when holding F or using the mouse it is the same speed which is very odd.

It's weird because im not having connection issues, I normally turn off movement prediction in the settings, and I have spent ages, perhaps even years getting used to the minor delay in actions. But the swing speed here is noticeably slower, and im not sure why.

Edited by ZeRoboButler
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

This patch has already been released. For the big update on the main branch, you'll have to wait 35 more hours

can't they release this as a hotfix, my friend and me really want to continue playing :). right now fighting is really hard and annoying, can you at least revert to an older version?

• Like 1

Awesome, can't wait to play with the new WX on the week end.

Some WX suggestions left on my list:

- Right click to deploy Jimmy from inventory

- Maxwell removes sanity dapperness when around Chorusbox circuit WX

- Chorusbox circuit should have a range larger than 0.5 tiles

- Winona GEMerator should be slightly nerfed, right now you can gain 6 charges per gem

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

10 hours ago, StevenM said:

Fixed an issue causing F key attacks to be delayed when the F key is held down.

Unfortunately, it seems that this fix has made it so that the attack rate is slower than before (I have lag comp set to none), thus creating a different kind of delay.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 3
  • Sanity 1

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't understand the reason behind the health stat nerf. The health regen circuit is already locked behind a boss battle and now requires 3 jelly beans to craft, why stack a health stat nerf on top of it. It seems like it's nerfing, just to nerf. I don't get it. 

Thank you for all your hard work on this

39 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Winona GEMerator should be slightly nerfed, right now you can gain 6 charges per gem

Please no more nerfs... I'm getting PTSD

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

7 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I don't understand the reason behind the health stat nerf. The health regen circuit is already locked behind a boss battle and now requires 3 jelly beans to craft, why stack a health stat nerf on top of it. It seems like it's nerfing, just to nerf. I don't get it.

The majority request for tuning WX in a way that feels distinct from other characters, leaves actual room for improvement for stat boosting circuits to be meaningful and balancing the character out was to make its stats 100 | 100 | 100, add a 7th energy slot and make optoelectronic circuit cost one more prong.

Instead, Klei settled for keeping WX with 6 energy slots, lowering its stats to 125 | 125 | 150 , making illumination circuit cost one less prong and leaning heavily on its wetness weakness. Of course we can't know all the reasoning behind these half measures but some reasons we can assume are to avoid making changes to the energy meter assets, prevent meter cluttering with a larger energy meter, to appease the playerbase that'd react strongly to the harsher low stats and to prevent potentially meta-defining circuit combinations of 2 speed + 3 prong circuits. 

The result is that the slightly lower stats achieve the desired outcomes of 100-all stats to a limited degree:

• WX has his unique set of base stats that doesn't play exactly like a Wilson that can upgrade himself.
  • WX' potential to upgrade itself comes with a small catch/downside that it has lower than average stats if it choses not to go with any stat circuits.
  • Stat boosting circuits are slightly more impactful and desirable as WX begins with imperfect stats.

I don't agree that the beanbooster circuit suffers such a big nerf as you described from mere 25 less health; you still get all the sanity benefits plus the health restoration and there is still place for a hardy circuit even if you take a strong 2-slot circuit like speedy circuit. Perhaps one or two jellybeans rather than one royal jelly would have been a more fitting cost for what it does and would have been in line with how cheap all the other circuits of WX are but still I fail to see how the stat lowering poses a huge problem for the beenbooster circuit when the armors negate any problems that can arise from a lower health stat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I don't agree that the beanbooster circuit suffers such a big nerf as you described from mere 25 less health; you still get all the sanity benefits plus the health restoration and there is still place for a hardy circuit even if you take a strong 2-slot circuit like speedy circuit. Perhaps one or two jellybeans rather than one royal jelly would have been a more fitting cost for what it does and would have been in line with how cheap all the other circuits of WX are but still I fail to see how the stat lowering poses a huge problem for the beenbooster circuit when the armors negate any problems that can arise from a lower health stat

I don't have a prob with the beanboster circuit. I thought the stat nerf was in response to this upgrade, since it was the only thing that changed. 

I thought the original rework (stat wise) was a good balance. A fully upgraded WX (which isn't hard to do) with overcharge had high health, hunger, sanity, speed (50%), light and immune to freezing all at once. With wickerbottom you could have it indefinitely. I thought things were in a good place to balance the fact you could get 2 to 3 perks without the need for spring or wickerbottom. But 2 to 3 meaningful perks is a big enough hit without adding more nerfs to WX's stats on top of it. As a WX player any nerf to his stats is meaningful to me.

We really need that 7th slot now

Edited by LitulLola
Addition

Since the UI update, the attack with "F" has been a hit and miss. Please do a proper fix. The newest fixes don't bring it back to old days.
It's like when ever a key(F) is pressed, you check to see if UI is open and if user is searching or not? That might be reciepe for disaster down the road.

• Sad Dupe 2

Am I the only one whose skins stopped working after the last update?

when creating an item with a skin, the skin does not appear, the broom does not help either, but the items that were before the update work properly

10 hours ago, sunny91 said:

Since the UI update, the attack with "F" has been a hit and miss. Please do a proper fix. The newest fixes don't bring it back to old days.
It's like when ever a key(F) is pressed, you check to see if UI is open and if user is searching or not? That might be reciepe for disaster down the road.

Yea it still feels quite off :(

• Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

13 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Unfortunately, it seems that this fix has made it so that the attack rate is slower than before (I have lag comp set to none), thus creating a different kind of delay.

Actually i just quit a run right now cuz of that it was so wonky i thought they had fixed but now its there in the normal mode too

this did trew away my entire run

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Yea it still feels quite off :(

thank god its not just me i was gettin in my head cuz my pc gives me a lotta trouble very often, so

• Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1