[Game Update] - 504905

• Developer

Changes

• The damage that WX-78 takes from being too wet is now based on how wet WX-78 is. The damage now also occurs slightly less often.
  • When leaving a server, loyal Merms will now want to go back to their homes.
  • Merms now regenerate their health over time.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with the Bio Scanalyzer's minimap image while it is active
  • Fixed a crash when WX-78 dies via moisture or starving in Wilderness worlds
  • Fixed an issue where players could not attack certain objects while holding down the mouse button.
  • Fixed an issue where players would stop performing their current action when holding down the mouse button and moving away from the target.
  • WX-78's custom idle animation now plays in the Item Collection menu.

View full update

• Like 43
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, StevenM said:

The damage that WX-78 takes from being too wet is now based on how wet WX-78 is. The damage now also occurs slightly less often.

Thank you for this change! I appreciate it a lot : )

• Like 12
  • Potato Cup 1

4 minutes ago, StevenM said:

The damage that WX-78 takes from being too wet is now based on how wet WX-78 is. The damage now also occurs slightly less often.

I hope this change doesn't make the wetness damage too weak again.

I do admit the previous wetness damage was a bit much. It just needed to be reduced down a little.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 16
  • Potato Cup 1

23 minutes ago, StevenM said:
  • Merms now regenerate their health over time.

Thanks for this! 

It seems the regen is about 5hp every few seconds, and - according to a comment in tuning - is enough for Merms to fully heal within 2 days!

The Wurt update featuring WX-78 tweaks

Edited by Ashkain
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4
  • Big Ups 1

Probably super late for such suggestion but

Wurt could gain some sanity for releasing a fish back into water based on how long she had it in inventory. Kinda feels weird she doesn't feel guilty for letting it die or putting it into a chest or just leaving on the ground and letting it die there.

I don't even like playing her but this patch obviously made me think a bit about her. This idea popped in when I were thinking about mechanics that exist and don't make much difference and I wanted to share.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, Wonz said:

Kinda feels weird she doesn't feel guilty for letting it die or putting it into a chest or just leaving on the ground and letting it die there

I don't even like playing her but this patch obviously made me think a bit about her

she loses sanity if carries death fish if that works for you, in case you didnt know

• Like 2
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

she loses sanity if carries death fish if that works for you, in case you didnt know

It's loss overtime. I imagined losing a pet as massive burst of sadness, not just "drop it on the ground as fast as possible and be completely fine".

• Like 6
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

aww, are we really not getting adverse sanity effects for Maxwell from Chorusbox and quadruple charging speed when wearing the Milkmade hat?

I can totally understand why they wouldn't add the chorusbox thing, i think it isn't the kind of cooperative play that the devs are looking for, even if it would be pretty funny.

Though, I'm not sure where the milkmade hat thing is coming from..? Volt goat milk doesn't increase charge either, and WX doesn't say anything about either of them to make me think that they would be especially benefitting from the item. (they just think it's absolutely disgusting.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

I can totally understand why they wouldn't add the chorusbox thing, i think it isn't the kind of cooperative play that the devs are looking for, even if it would be pretty funny.

Though, I'm not sure where the milkmade hat thing is coming from..? Volt goat milk doesn't increase charge either, and WX doesn't say anything about either of them to make me think that they would be especially benefitting from the item. (they just think it's absolutely disgusting.)

To be fair a funny compromise they could do is have maxwell play his insanity animation when he's in range of it with no actual negative effects. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 7

Just now, Primalflower said:

...Volt goat milk doesn't increase charge either...

You might have missed it in the passing patches but eating Volt Goat Milk and Volt Goat Chaud-Froit grants WX one charge. So it's only natural that continuously drinking volt goat milks on a hat speeds up the charging speed. I also think Charged Volt Goat hits should charge WX if he's not wearing insulation.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

You might have missed it in the passing patches but eating Volt Goat Milk and Volt Goat Chaud-Froit grants WX one charge. So it's only natural that continuously drinking volt goat milks on a hat speeds up the charging speed. I also think Charged Volt Goat hits should charge WX if he's not wearing insulation.

You can also make the hat with eyeball goop, so that's where things get a bit tricksy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1