Revision Winona Fund

I kinda imagine her being like now as a sort of character who were to be fixing pipes, welding structures back together and generally doing most repairs like with the tapes. I do like the idea that she could tape or repair structures back together.

In her kit she could have an upgrading kit of sorts for current ingame structures we got. Maybe improved flingo, toothtraps, rain-nometer for lightning chances and thermomeasurer to show the smoldering point. Maybe past structures could just have their own qol improvements but idk.

She could make her own type of lightbulbs by using moonglass shards plugging them into mushlights and having a gemerator within range they could become lit with greenish tinted light while powered. Maybe extended range specifically for light source structures like that, that is if you wanna have your base lit via gemerators than any other way.

Her one of just biggest issues at play is the dumb hunger mechanic that's been there for a while now. I hope that it gets removed or changed entirely to be much easier since she really doesn't need a downside when she's practically Wilson but more of a local plumber to help unclog toilets.

Well, since newer reworks are kinds better than previous ones I feel like we may get a touchup one or other thing on the first reworked ones. Hopefully.

16 minutes ago, Notecja said:

necromancyyyyyyyy

Did you just mention my favorite concept in all of gaming necromancy? I love necromancy, i love the feeling of killing my foes and forcing them to serve me to kill their brethren, i love the feeling of being the bad guy, or the morally ambiguous guy who uses evil powers to do good. I love hoards of servants forcing an otherwise superior foe to their knees with numbers alone!

but nah doesnt fit winona, love necromancy tho <3

I'd love a lot more interactions with electricity, currently the only thing she really has with electricity is her catapult, spotlight and technically WX.

Something like making morning stars refueable, making certain items electrical via an "Electrical Conversion Kit" or new equipment that uses power.

2 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Did you just mention my favorite concept in all of gaming necromancy? I love necromancy, i love the feeling of killing my foes and forcing them to serve me to kill their brethren, i love the feeling of being the bad guy, or the morally ambiguous guy who uses evil powers to do good. I love hoards of servants forcing an otherwise superior foe to their knees with numbers alone!

but nah doesnt fit winona, love necromancy tho <3

nah, joked about necromancy to topic, not to Winona T^T

Tweak her crafting perk. Id make it so that the more items you craft in quick succession increases her crafting speed and subsequently her hunger drain so for example:

She crafts 1 rope: Normal crafting speed, no hunger drain.

She crafts 10 ropes: After 1 rope is crafted timer begins (lets say 20 secs), she crafts second rope within the time frame so crafting speed increases by 5% and hunger drain increases as well. She crafts 3 ropes - 10% crafting speed increase and increased hunger drain, etc all the way up to 10.

Obviously klei can decide the actual percentage but i think the mechanic should function like this where the speed and hunger drain ramp up the more items u craft until you reach a cap.

Other than that she needs 1 or 2 more USEFUL structures, no niche use ones like the spotlight.

1 hour ago, maxwell_winters said:

It would fit Maxwell though. He needs to leave his gatherer role since it doesn't fit his lore. Necromant would be a better role for him.

I am interested to know how necromancy would fit Maxwell at all

(back to topic)

Now I have random idea, not even know if there is a way to balance that but... How if Winona could build something like sun generator/batteries, and add cables to place her building less dependely on generators? Like whole patch of her reflectors without need to refuel every one of them?

7 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

It would fit Maxwell though. He needs to leave his gatherer role since it doesn't fit his lore. Necromant would be a better role for him.

Idk him sitting back and letting others do the work for him seems exactly how his lore counterpart would do things but just wondering what do you think would fit him?

7 hours ago, Notecja said:

(back to topic)

Now I have random idea, not even know if there is a way to balance that but... How if Winona could build something like sun generator/batteries, and add cables to place her building less dependely on generators? Like whole patch of her reflectors without need to refuel every one of them?

amazing, it would be pretty intresting. maybe also add something like batteries? sun generators could have a downside of not having its own power storage and rely of batteries. 

batteries could also be used with other generators, and they would have slower passive energy loss than the generator. 

although that's sorta unnecessary.

8 hours ago, Notecja said:

sun generator

One of my favorite ideas from my bottomless collection was a Lunar Panel.

Like...we're already capturing moon power with Wagstaff, so it's totally doable with tech. But then also...imagine the shenanigans of piping moon magic into a power network. And variable moon fullness giving different amounts of power on a predictable curve makes room for some optional planning...

There's a lot that could be done with power (even beyond Winona if it's done right), but I particularly love the idea of giving her subtle encouragement to mess around with all the magical elements that she's not comfortable with.

Spoiler

If we somehow get a Nightmare Fuel generator one day, it's called the Infernal Combustion Engine.

That's just how it is.

1. I'd love it if she could up and move her structures making them portable as long as u were winnona. 

2. I'd like her to have a tool that would upgrade structures like the flingo etc. (fuel or effects) making it more efficient (deff want this for the cannon aiming and steering wheel reactivity)

3. Her being able to turn her generators on and off

Everyone here has some great ideas!

On 4/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, Dr. Safety said:

Interesting idea... maybe she could also get more ingredients back when hammering with it, say like 75% rounding up. I don't think it is something that will make her too appealing to switch to, but it's a nifty perk that could be tacked on as well as some others.

This is a great idea! 

I should of read the whole post lol I'm repeating what's already been posted

I want more powered structures she can craft. Like sprinklers for farms, auto-harvesters for grass/saplings, or something that vacuums up items on the ground within a radius. Also a way to extend the range of a generator (like a powerline). It could function similarly to the carrat race checkpoints.

Even just a range extender would immediately open up some new possibilities, like allowing you to spread out coverage with spotlights, which currently feels pretty bad since you have to build them all huddled around the same generator, or have to run around refueling generators all the time just to get lighting around your base.

Archived