strats for weird places to base?

49 minutes ago, prezera said:

we dont. half the time on the island in spring we are fighting bees. i hoped someone else would have a solution lol

i think if every bee has access to a flower they shouldnt lurk looking for them so you can plant a bunch of flowers in the opposite direction of the base. Not 100% sure so take it with a grain of salt

or build pig houses so they fight each other but is annoying to clean that mess everytime

odd base locations is my favorite thing to do in dst. My fav places, in no particular order: 

AG area ( lichen and bulb zone before the lab )

Pearl's Island

Archieves

Ruins

Blue mush/grotto mix

Boat base in waterlogged biome

Also rare set pieces/world gens that just look wacky are usually tempting places

cornered edge of the world where I can plant a bunch of large trees

21 hours ago, prezera said:

we dont. half the time on the island in spring we are fighting bees. i hoped someone else would have a solution lol

bee's AI can be tricked with fences/walls so they don't bother you outside their corner. Just leave them an exit on the opposite side of you and they will always try to go around and exit that way, and if their path is long enough they'll realize it and lose aggro.

Try this for a challenge: Give yourself a year to prepare, then after the first year ends, never go back to the mainland, lunar island, hermit island, or caves. Just boats.
How to survive? Get a scaled furnace, an ice box with some thermal stones to swap between, lightning rod, flingomatic/above average tree to protect from wildfires (if flingo, bring glommer for fuel) to deal with the seasons.
For food, get all the kelp from lunar.
For healing, either bring an extra boat with spiders, seperated with statues so you can get spider glands, or eat cooked fish from rockjaws.
I haven't tried this myself but I'm planning on doing it in a public server at some point bc it would be funny.

welp...

i always base in front of dragonnflly's lava pools cuz heat hits the cap for thermal stones, easy butterfly farming while basing [like crafting or makin food], easy tumbleweeds for winter resources, cactus and green gem farm always when df respawns

20220106213201_1.jpg

20220126053947_1.jpg

20220205090359_1.jpg

20220306235915_1.jpg

On 3/8/2022 at 11:07 PM, Psychic Chicken said:

Try this for a challenge: Give yourself a year to prepare, then after the first year ends, never go back to the mainland, lunar island, hermit island, or caves. Just boats.
How to survive? Get a scaled furnace, an ice box with some thermal stones to swap between, lightning rod, flingomatic/above average tree to protect from wildfires (if flingo, bring glommer for fuel) to deal with the seasons.
For healing, either bring an extra boat with spiders, seperated with statues so you can get spider glands, or eat cooked fish from rockjaws.
I haven't tried this myself but I'm planning on doing it in a public server at some point bc it would be funny.

Would this challenge allow the waterlogged biome? Would give access to figs, spiders, protection from lightning and wildfires, and probably other things I'm not thinking of.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, Psychic Chicken said:

Do you mean a stationary boat island or just boats? Because if the boat can move then meatballs (fish or cookie cutters) and surf n turf (fish and cookie cutters) would probably be a lot better for health and hunger.

18 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Do you mean a stationary boat island or just boats? Because if the boat can move then meatballs (fish or cookie cutters) and surf n turf (fish and cookie cutters) would probably be a lot better for health and hunger.

You can move the boat, but kelp takes a lot less effort to use, just hold spacebar to pick them, then if you're not playing as Wurt, cook them.

Archived