Jump to content

How do you want Wilson to be reworked?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

At this point, i honestly don't know. Nobody uses Wilson to learn the game anyway, but the argument that he's the cleanest and best way to experience the game (no downsides, no complicated mechanics, very basic upside) really speaks to me. 

At this point, I want them to go all in or not at all. Maybe let him activate some sort of perk lategame, so at the start he's the same but if you choose to you can do something to unlock more stuff after idk killing fuel weaver or something. 

 

Oh that's sound cool!! That will make him a little bit different after every arc because he could gain perks after defeating the "final bosses" of each arc (at the moment just Fuelweaver and the Celestial champion), it would give the feeling that we are advancing through "the story" of don't starve together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always thought the Halloween event science / crafting would be a cool perk to him.  Something that lets him create / alter elements of the world, but nothing that actually gives him unique perks / abilities directly so he stays a vanilla option.  Sorta like Wigfrid where you can play her exactly as you did before her refresh, but she got some extra stuff on top that can be fun.  Give Wilson some extra fun stuff that could be used if the player wanted but doesn't interfere with his vanilla game play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

i'd like him to have more team centered perks and to keep him as vanilla as possible for solo so noobs can get a vanilla experience and so he can actually contribute to a team instead of being dead weight

As Wilson you can solo every boss, gather every resource, make most farm designs, create a base of any size... Why is it that he's a dead weight, exactly? What is it he can't do?

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

Nobody uses Wilson to learn the game anyway

Why do you think that? On the subreddit people are constantly asking who to start out as and thanking people who explain it should be Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

As Wilson you can solo every boss, gather every resource, make most farm designs, create a base of any size... Why is it that he's a dead weight, exactly? What is it he can't do?

Why do you think that? On the subreddit people are constantly asking who to start out as and thanking people who explain it should be Wilson.

I've seen people on the forums admit they never used Wilson to learn, i did not, my friends didn't. 

I don't go on Reddit for DST, so i don't know about people there. 

Not the best source, but that's what I've observed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before i started playingin DS i always looked at the profile pic of him and thought: "oh he probably can poison monsters, pog"

This never happened, that poor chicken its just there and everytime i look at it i remember he isnt the alchemist of the history and its sad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dextops said:

i'd like him to have more team centered perks and to keep him as vanilla as possible for solo so noobs can get a vanilla experience and so he can actually contribute to a team instead of being dead weight

I dont think thats a good idea, i feel a character should always have perks for themselves, if said perks can be used for the team that comes second. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dollmaker said:

I dont think thats a good idea, i feel a character should always have perks for themselves, if said perks can be used for the team that comes second. 

 

but with a lot of people saying they want him vanilla idk wilson is too much of a blank canvas to give any good suggestions and i just wanted a compromise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

but with a lot of people saying they want him vanilla idk wilson is too much of a blank canvas to give any good suggestions and i just wanted a compromise

The thing is, i find the whole vanilla concept kinda flawed for whats meant to be a multiplayer game, its one thing if its DS which was single player, but in DST, it doesnt work anymore.

The uses of his power are also heavily niche, one directly dependent to another character (Willow) and easier Meat Effigies, but most people largely use Life Giving amulets anyway. 

You can have simple characters that dont have some crazy power, but having one that practically does nothing aint that good if you ask me, even more when the character is obsessed with science and is basically his life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dollmaker said:

The thing is, i find the whole vanilla concept kinda flawed for whats meant to be a multiplayer game, its one thing if its DS which was single player, but in DST, it doesnt work anymore.

The uses of his power are also heavily niche, one directly dependent to another character (Willow) and easier Meat Effigies, but most people largely use Life Giving amulets anyway. 

You can have simple characters that dont have some crazy power, but having one that practically does nothing aint that good if you ask me, even more when the character is obsessed with science and is basically his life. 

yeah i completely agree its just that idk if it flies with a lot of people since it seems a lot of people want him to stay the way he is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

yeah i completely agree its just that idk if it flies with a lot of people since it seems a lot of people want him to stay the way he is

I dont even know why they are so obsessed with that to begin with, these kind of games rarely explain stuff to you in the first place, so regardless of the character, you will still have it hard as a new player. 

I doubt giving him a simple power will affect Wilson's accessibility for newer players.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

The thing is, i find the whole vanilla concept kinda flawed for whats meant to be a multiplayer game, its one thing if its DS which was single player, but in DST, it doesnt work anymore.

The uses of his power are also heavily niche, one directly dependent to another character (Willow) and easier Meat Effigies, but most people largely use Life Giving amulets anyway. 

You can have simple characters that dont have some crazy power, but having one that practically does nothing aint that good if you ask me, even more when the character is obsessed with science and is basically his life. 

Don't pick Wilson if you don't like him. Problem solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most characters get a crafting tab, if you want to still play your character as generic and boring Just DONT make anything from their exclusive tab and the problem gets mostly solved.

Like Theres people here in these forums that refuse to play Wes because Klei gave the so called “Challenge” character some actual useful perks.

Don’t use them and Wes remains to be as bad as (if not worse) then before his Rework.

Im also pretty sure that console players who don’t have access to 5000 modded characters would actually enjoy having new content brought to them to enjoy in the form of updating Wilson’s generic gameplay.

Plus: I mean come on the dude did totally survive 5 randomly generated worlds of Maxwells torture & then choose to show pity upon Maxwell & free him..

Theres more to Wilson Especially NOW that he has actually endured, learned & survived.

DST is treated as a Sequel to DS… picking up OFFICIALLY where DS ends- And had Klei released DST as an actual sequel with the reworks Already part of the character when you bought the game…..

There would be a lot less commotion over rather or not Wilson should become fun and unique to play or remain boring and generic because even though I can pick any character in the game and the game does not automatically make me pick Wilson (unlike solo DS) I can select ANYONE I want to start out as in DST 

I can tell you from experience that when I buy this game for people NO ONE Picks Wilson as their first choice- and I’ve bought copies of DST for half my friends list by now.. so that should speak volumes in of itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really want to be punished for swapping characters by losing all the blueprints, at most just increase the cost of the Moon Rock Idol?

About Wilson refresh, i would prefer if it doesn't change how he plays too much and more of a focus on late game benefits so that he can still be played like now but to make sense to pick him over other characters.

Why would anyone pick Wilson, he doesn't have any good or fun benefits, if i want to play a strong character i'll pick Wanda and if i want to make it harder on myself i'll pick Wes. He is just like a blank character that has nothing going for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like Theres people here in these forums that refuse to play Wes because Klei gave the so called “Challenge” character some actual useful perks.

 

His perks arent even that good tbh, he is still the challenge character, i would argue even harder than before.

2 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Why would anyone pick Wilson, he doesn't have any good or fun benefits, if i want to play a strong character i'll pick Wanda and if i want to make it harder on myself i'll pick Wes. He is just like a blank character that has nothing going for him.

Yeah thats pretty much the main issue he has.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Most characters get a crafting tab, if you want to still play your character as generic and boring Just DONT make anything from their exclusive tab and the problem gets mostly solved.

Like Theres people here in these forums that refuse to play Wes because Klei gave the so called “Challenge” character some actual useful perks.

Don’t use them and Wes remains to be as bad as (if not worse) then before his Rework.

Im also pretty sure that console players who don’t have access to 5000 modded characters would actually enjoy having new content brought to them to enjoy in the form of updating Wilson’s generic gameplay.

Plus: I mean come on the dude did totally survive 5 randomly generated worlds of Maxwells torture & then choose to show pity upon Maxwell & free him..

Theres more to Wilson Especially NOW that he has actually endured, learned & survived.

DST is treated as a Sequel to DS… picking up OFFICIALLY where DS ends- And had Klei released DST as an actual sequel with the reworks Already part of the character when you bought the game…..

There would be a lot less commotion over rather or not Wilson should become fun and unique to play or remain boring and generic because even though I can pick any character in the game and the game does not automatically make me pick Wilson (unlike solo DS) I can select ANYONE I want to start out as in DST 

I can tell you from experience that when I buy this game for people NO ONE Picks Wilson as their first choice- and I’ve bought copies of DST for half my friends list by now.. so that should speak volumes in of itself.

While your anecdotes are, well, anecdotes. I still trust them far more since you seem like a person who would genuinely buy 15 copies of the game for each of your friends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if he has to be reworked i hope it's something small and instead we get more lore realted stuff, idk maybe decorative crafts? Wilson doesn't really need to be reworked, he's fine and has always been. Not every character has to be wanda 2.0. I'd rather he stay unworked and Klei focused their efforts on something that everyone can enjoy. I can't stay for certain but i think wilson is the only character in DST that stays identical to his singleplayer counterpart, i'd be a shame to change that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hhh2 said:

I can't stay for certain but i think wilson is the only character in DST that stays identical to his singleplayer counterpart, i'd be a shame to change that.

Not really, i mean DST is meant to be the sequel of DS, and most character by now have learned new things, and even implies it. 

Woodie for example, is mentioned his curse has gotten worse and how he started to get control over them thanks to the idols. 

Other characters also point out how Wendy started making potions. 

Theres even a funny line from Maxwell for Webber about art as a career, due to him starting to decorate the spider dens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a very “real” possibility that just like Farming, Fishing, and Boating being completely overhauled that before things are said and done: Klei will also be reworking Combat & possibly even cooking mechanics.

If you guys still want Wilson to remain boring & Generic amongst all those changes- the only question I have left to ask is why do you hate Wilson so much?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is a very “real” possibility that just like Farming, Fishing, and Boating being completely overhauled that before things are said and done: Klei will also be reworking Combat & possibly even cooking mechanics.

If you guys still want Wilson to remain boring & Generic amongst all those changes- the only question I have left to ask is why do you hate Wilson so much?

You're the one who hates Wilson. You can't accept him for who he is and wants him to change into what he isn't. That's manipulative. You're abusing Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You're the one who hates Wilson. You can't accept him for who he is and wants him to change into what he isn't. That's manipulative. You're abusing Wilson.

You do realize the other characters make fun of him right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

I just don't like the new reworks anymore. I want game content that isn't character specific. looking back on A New Rein just makes me sad now, why can't we get cool stuff anymore?

That goes both way you know?

People want characters that are fun and functional to play with, Maxwell is a good example of a character that really needs the refresh, cause dear god can his shadows be frustrating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...