Should wes be nerfed?

Should wes be nerfed?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. nerf?

• yes
    • for sure

Wes is suppose to be a challege character but the truth is that he is op because you can farm healing and spam it without limit plus you can wear nightarmor which makes wes a tank with 1500hp, each butterfly would heal the equivalent of 160 hp is klei nuts? or not wear armor at all because we dont get hit obv which is even easier with his op speed buff balloon.

Reduced damage isnt a downside at all, it only means that your foes will suffer for longer your limitless power. You can use twins for farming bosses and a beefalo for fighting hounds. Also he has more durability on fire and ice stuffs, who is the shadow master now, wanda&maxwell? he cant die if his enemies are freeze or getting damage from distance. Plus low sanity is an upside not a downside, means more dark sworks with increased durability

more damage from weather isnt a problem when you have thermal stones and there is cloths against lightnings (his super fancy balloon hat for example) and who cares about having weak working abilities when you have a giant bear as pet and a chest filled with weather pains

and the most op thing is his lifesaving vest since it will save you whenever there is a bug related with boats making you sink, the true end game boss

There are only 2 things I dont like about Wes, otherwise, he is perfect.

1. No quotes - I dont need hounds/boss warning, but without quotes for everything I feel robbed of some game content.
  2. He is just ugly - no nice skin for him so far (I am fan of survivor sets but his just sux)

9 hours ago, Shosuko said:

no lie tho - I haven't played Wes since they gave him powers...  I would feel better if he were nerfed.

Just don’t use any of his Balloon crafts and he’s still 125% useless.. have you even read ANY of the changes done to him in his update or do you just assume “He has perks now no fun!”?

They lowered his total Hp, Sanity, Hunger, made him more likely to be struck by lightning or be the first to be attacked by enemy mobs, decreased his insulation protection: If you don’t use his Crafts he’s actually WORSE now..

Of course: Now that Beefalo are just a Bells ring away none of his downsides even matter anymore but I mean, If you want to play Wes and be challenged the challenge is still there.

Only now.. he’s a more interesting character play as with semi useful super early game balloon crafts that can help a team out (if only slightly)

Wes is Bes now. <3

I don't really care about balance in a PvE survival game but honestly, yeah Wes is kinda too OP for the health of the game. Really being able to deal 100+ damage with spicy voltgoat jelly and dark sword makes the game too easy and when he gets the yellow amulet + walking cane he has 1.45 speed multipler (WTF Klei). I think the majority of the playerbase knows how unbalanced he is and chooses to abdicate from ever playing him.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

but he was drastically nerfed

wasn't nerfed enough and they gave him extra balloon shapes to make up for it when will Klei learn how to balance a character?

20 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You know forums are bored when such threads begin to pop like shrooms after rain (and into a smoking pot).

I gotta admit it gets crazy like this every time we await the New Years road map..

JoeW hinted at a few things last year though that’s really got my interest I don’t remember word for word what he said: but it was something along the lines of:

”Players & Developers alike feeling fatigue from the way they handle the content updates on the roadmap”

I have absolutely no idea what that even means.. but what I can say for absolute certainty is 2021 was the best content updates DST has gotten yet, and if they’re planning to top that roadmap this year then whatever JoeW has up his sleeve has to be a pretty impressive trick..

I was kind of hoping we would get details or at least teasers of Year of The Catcoon Today.. And I’m not sure which one is coming first: YOTCC or 2022 Roadmap..

All that I do know is forums get a bit wild during the waiting process.. (I’m sure Klei’s use to it by now)

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just don’t use any of his Balloon crafts and he’s still 125% useless.. have you even read ANY of the changes done to him in his update or do you just assume “He has perks now no fun!”?

They lowered his total Hp, Sanity, Hunger, made him more likely to be struck by lightning or be the first to be attacked by enemy mobs, decreased his insulation protection: If you don’t use his Crafts he’s actually WORSE now..

Of course: Now that Beefalo are just a Bells ring away none of his downsides even matter anymore but I mean, If you want to play Wes and be challenged the challenge is still there.

Only now.. he’s a more interesting character play as with semi useful super early game balloon crafts that can help a team out (if only slightly)

Wes is Bes now. <3

idk man, someone can think something is cool and that's them.  I can think its trash if I want.  I'm not under any obligation to like things.

I'm sure some people are attached to Wilson being vanilla.  When Klei refreshes him they might take something like my stupid idea to give him a science lab and some cool science projects and ruin it for the person who liked him vanilla.

22 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

When did you even start playin dst? 2019?

The day it was released on Xbox- which also means all the content YOU got through updates through your betas, hotfixes etc and all that other Jazz- Was already in my game when I bought it… therefore technically- 

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/store/dont-starve-together-console-edition/bq7nmrjt1nq4

September 12 2017.

Xbox Consoles also never got the Forge, we did get Gorge, but only for like a week or two before it ended.. and I don’t even consider those two things as content to DST because even KLEI has labeled them as being technically their own separate games.

Also feel like now would be a good time to remind you that DST is about to release for the first time EVER on Nintendo platforms later this year.. so there’s that.

11 hours ago, Filip_G said:

No quotes - I dont need hounds/boss warning, but without quotes for everything I feel robbed of some game content.

I remember doing a playthrough with wes but with no sound. Hahaha it was pretty funny having hounds just randomly appear with no warning

Archived