So Wortox canonically escaped the Constant? Maybe Warbucks is on Terraria?

In the trailer for the recent update that introduces Cthulhu's eye as a boss, we clearly see that it was Wortox who brought the Terranium to the Constant. So not only does the Terraria universe exist in the DST lore, but it is a completely alternative dimension to the Constant.
At this point the Moon Lord of terraria can be interpreted as one of "them" on the other side.
Back to us: and Warbucks had simply gone to explore the lands of Terraria?
I would see it well as a special evocation.

My experience with Call of Cthulhu (Why you should try it!) - Tribality

I'm still not 100% convinced Wortox himself is cannon lol.

I think one of the reasons they changed the name from eye of cthulhu to eye of terror is to move away from the name cthulhu. 

Funny that cthulhu would make more sense in the DST lore than terraria though, given the sanity mechanics.

Wortox's quotes imply he freely moves between places and chooses to be in The Constant.

10 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

At this point the Moon Lord of terraria can be interpreted as one of "them" on the other side.

That is an enormous stretch.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm still not 100% convinced Wortox himself is cannon lol.

I think one of the reasons they changed the name from eye of cthulhu to eye of terror is to move away from the name cthulhu. 

Funny that cthulhu would make more sense in the DST lore than terraria though, given the sanity mechanics.

Among other things, the sleep similar to the death of Cthulhu influences the minds of artists and philosophers, causing unreal and disturbing suggestions and visions. Which seems to correspond to the effects of the Enlightenment on the characters.
Alter himself appears to be in a "death-like" sleep until players awaken him.

5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Wortox was never trapped in the Constant to begin with.

I wanted proof of this, I finally got it.
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

:D

5 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Wortox's quotes imply he freely moves between places and chooses to be in The Constant.

That is an enormous stretch.

Bold theories for brave forum users.

8 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Cthulhu and the original Lovecraftian mythos is public domain, so no problem on the copyright front.

Only issue I for one see regarding why the Eye's name was changed should be the inherent further question "Who is Cthulhu in DST setting and what future implications this has for lore and game mechanics?". An "Eye of Cthulhu" implies more parts of the Cthulhu entity should exist in Constant as well. This alone would set some expectations related to theoretical up-and-coming content that.. most likely will never come to fruition. I would fancy if this Terraria collaboration would be expanded upon in a subsequent "Season 2" with perhaps ability to give the Terrarium a Glommer Goop to summon Slime Rain and King Slime as a boss, maybe even re-balance the Twins with their trade-mark attacks in certain capacity (Fire and Laser). Yet, wishful thinking I reckon.

Lastly I don't understand why people persist in Warbucks shenanigans. Objectively was a blunt character, albeit edgy (the "European Bigoted Colonialist" trope) and probably a Donald "Drumpf" parody of sorts ("Orange man, haha funny, right?!") in a time it was mainstream popular to dunk on a hollywoodian bombastic personality meme-turned-president (indignation drives clicks-and-monetization, but that's another story). If Warbucks would come with a trade-mark Blunderbuss as personal weapon, then yes, his addition would have a solid point.

I don’t get the “if it was called eye of Cthulhu then now Cthulhu is canon in DST!!” claim. It’s already been established that EoC is canonically from Terraria and has accidentally been brought into the constant thanks to Wortox’s shenanigans with the terrarium. What difference would it make if it’s the eye of terror or eye of Cthulhu? Either way it’s not from the constant and neither is Cthulhu. By this logic, shouldn’t we expect the other mechanical bosses to be added since they already added the twins, which implies all 3 are canon? I really don’t get it.

2 minutes ago, Geo95 said:

Also who is this "Warbucks" you speak of? No one of that name has ever been a part of the Don't Starve universe. Is it a mod?

removed (can be played with commands) character from hamlet, his gameplay was boring but his dark humor quotes were hilarious and very fitting in that dlc

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Warbucks

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Cthulhu and the original Lovecraftian mythos is public domain, so no problem on the copyright front.

Only issue I for one see regarding why the Eye's name was changed should be the inherent further question "Who is Cthulhu in DST setting and what future implications this has for lore and game mechanics?". An "Eye of Cthulhu" implies more parts of the Cthulhu entity should exist in Constant as well. This alone would set some expectations related to theoretical up-and-coming content that.. most likely will never come to fruition. I would fancy if this Terraria collaboration would be expanded upon in a subsequent "Season 2" with perhaps ability to give the Terrarium a Glommer Goop to summon Slime Rain and King Slime as a boss, maybe even re-balance the Twins with their trade-mark attacks in certain capacity (Fire and Laser). Yet, wishful thinking I reckon.

That's what I meant, move away as in, have nothing to do with lovecraft lore.

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Lastly I don't understand why people persist in Warbucks shenanigans. Objectively was a blunt character, albeit edgy (the "European Bigoted Colonialist" trope) and probably a Donald "Drumpf" parody of sorts ("Orange man, haha funny, right?!") in a time it was mainstream popular to dunk on a hollywoodian bombastic personality meme-turned-president (indignation drives clicks-and-monetization, but that's another story). If Warbucks would come with a trade-mark Blunderbuss as personal weapon, then yes, his addition would have a solid point.

This has nothing to do with Donald Trump.

Archived