So the Twins are now another source of renewable gears?

1 hour ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

I haven't fought them yet, but it seems, like it's one of the most fun boss fights there is.

I heard most people say that trying to fight them together is basically suicide.

That the strat is to separate them and deal with them like that. 

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it took me like 5 night as wanda and died like 4 times because how they can stunlock you in their enrage phase

1 mistake and byebye but is way funnier

Welcome to Terraria ...err .. DSTerraria

7 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

And a source of renewable electrical doodads for Wurt mains I guess

I’m confused.. what good are electrical doodads for Wurt? :lol:

If I want more gold then I can possibly know what to do with as Wurt I’ll go gather it in meteor or caves biome.

I rarely ever use Pig King when playing as anyone not named Wigfrid.. so not being able trade things to PK for gold is irrelevant, in fact- I see it as a Crutch people think they need.. but really don’t when they learn other methods to amass the spoils.

Do any of Wurts crafts require electrical Doodads??? Im pretty sure it’s mostly rot/reeds/tentacle spots & fish oh and LOTS of Wood, Kelp, Beefalo wool & pig butts.

7 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

I heard most people say that trying to fight them together is basically suicide.

That the strat is to separate them and deal with them like that. 

In that case, the devs did a good job at making this fight as close to the terraria version as possible. This is basically the strategy in terraria too

7 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

In that case, the devs did a good job at making this fight as close to the terraria version as possible. This is basically the strategy in terraria too

I am a bit dissapointed they don't shoot lasers or spit hell fire at you.

And spam those when enraged.

But i guess that would be too much to handle for DST survivors since they don't have nowhere near the mobility of a Terraria character.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m confused.. what good are electrical doodads for Wurt? :lol:

Do any of Wurts crafts require electrical Doodads??? Im pretty sure it’s mostly rot/reeds/tentacle spots & fish oh and LOTS of Wood, Kelp, Beefalo wool & pig butts.

Well none of her exclusive crafts do but I find it mighty convenient to have doodads laying around to make Morning Stars and other doodad crafts on demand. Sure crafting new ones is just as easy but still there's something extra convenient about having to not worry about your rock and gold economy due to having ready made doodads waiting to be used in their specific crafts like endothermic firepit, tackle receptacle, insulated pack etc, especially for the one character that is kind of limited with their gold.

Morning Star is just somewhat better with her, she can get as wet as she want and never drop it :P

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Well none of her exclusive crafts do but I find it mighty convenient to have doodads laying around to make Morning Stars and other doodad crafts on demand. Sure crafting new ones is just as easy but still there's something extra convenient about having to not worry about your rock and gold economy due to having ready made doodads waiting to be used in their specific crafts like endothermic firepit, tackle receptacle, insulated pack etc, especially for the one character that is kind of limited with their gold.

Morning Star is just somewhat better with her, she can get as wet as she want and never drop it :P

as wurt i clean the ruins in winter or spring because of that. very convinient

On 11/19/2021 at 8:41 PM, ALCRD said:

I am a bit dissapointed they don't shoot lasers or spit hell fire at you.

And spam those when enraged.

But i guess that would be too much to handle for DST survivors since they don't have nowhere near the mobility of a Terraria character.

It's not. Source:

My personal theory is that the delay to the crossover update was on Re-logic's end. So not having anything else to do, Klei added the twins as a last-minute addition. Hence why they don't feel nearly as fleshed out as The Eye of Terror.

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

My personal theory is that the delay to the crossover update was on Re-logic's end. So not having anything else to do, Klei added the twins as a last-minute addition. Hence why they don't feel nearly as fleshed out as The Eye of Terror.

This seems really likely, I mean, looking at the trailer the Terraria part it's just a Deerclops attack and the critters in gameplay, and there never was even a small teaser for the twins, which I would say is weird, Klei usually teases everything, even the things that are secret or important (like Celestial Champion or Living Artifact)

2 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

It's not. Source

You call that spam?

Look up Terraria Twins. Bullet hell of lasers from one eye and constant flame barrage from the other when they are enraged.

But yea at least some flame/laser attacks like in that mod would be pretty cool.

5 hours ago, ALCRD said:

You call that spam?

Look up Terraria Twins. Bullet hell of lasers from one eye and constant flame barrage from the other when they are enraged.

But yea at least some flame/laser attacks like in that mod would be pretty cool.

Oh. Fair enough. Yeah an actual bullet hell would be a bit much.

12 minutes ago, -Variant said:

What for?

Because they can be used as personal pocket summons to fight other bosses for you, them being able to do that I find a perfectly acceptable strategy and is actually an intended part of their programming BUT- a single piece of NM Fuel to summon them is too little.

I have always said that if a feature is OP And intended to BE OP let it BE OP but make that OP’ness require effort & work to achieve.

Its just like Wolfgangs upcoming rework- I wouldn’t care if they made him do MORE DAMAGE as long as achieving that required him to do a little more then just shove food in face hole.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because they can be used as personal pocket summons to fight other bosses for you, them being able to do that I find a perfectly acceptable strategy and is actually an intended part of their programming BUT- a single piece of NM Fuel to summon them is too little.

I have always said that if a feature is OP And intended to BE OP let it BE OP but make that OP’ness require effort & work to achieve.

Its just like Wolfgangs upcoming rework- I wouldn’t care if they made him do MORE DAMAGE as long as achieving that required him to do a little more then just shove food in face hole.

but it isn't op it can only be used at night which isn't enough time to kill bosses it would just be quicker to kill them (not even gonna bring up lights out because thats a specific game mode no one uses)

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

but it isn't op it can only be used at night which isn't enough time to kill bosses it would just be quicker to kill them (not even gonna bring up lights out because thats a specific game mode no one uses)

It would also- drastically cut down on the ability for people to troll other players by having the Terrarium spawn bosses on them unexpectedly.

DST is a quote “Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game” But I think having a boss randomly spawn down upon your face other players can summon may be just a little more then most players bargained for.

So I would suggest make summoning them require a little bit more effort.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Twins need a nerf, needing to socket 8 NM Fuel and a Purple Gem in the center into the Terrarium to summon them should be a decent Nerf for them.

Sounds reasonable enough for a "nerf".

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST is a quote “Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game” But I think having a boss randomly spawn down upon your face other players can summon may be just a little more then most players bargained for.

just run until its day time they do no harm to structures and can be easily outran

Archived