Which Character you think should be nerfed?

Wendy
Not because I think she's too strong but because the entire point of her downside(dealing less damage) is destroyed by the fact that she gets 40% attack boost when hitting the same target as Abigail. Get rid of that to make her downside at least somewhat impactful.

15 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

Wendy
Not because I think she's too strong but because the entire point of her downside(dealing less damage) is destroyed by the fact that she gets 40% attack boost when hitting the same target as Abigail. Get rid of that to make her downside at least somewhat impactful.

I think you may have missed the point of character reworks- Downsides worked in Solo Dont Starve because it was a single player game designed to be played by a Single Player, but in a Multiplayer game: Downsides just make a character more of a hassle then a useful companion.

Remove the petal buff- and Wendy just eats through more Spears and Helms then she needs to.

Wes was once completely useless in multiplayer, picking him meant being a burden on the entire server because he simply didn’t have anything to offer to anyone except inadvertently make things harder on them even if they didn’t pick Wes.

NOW Wes has some quite amazing perks that while they aren’t anything as OP as Wendy.. is Pretty OP still just because they add flavor to a character originally intended to be a challenge.

Being able to craft a Water vest and abandon boats is useful, being able to craft speedy balloons when you don’t have walking cane or Beefalo has its uses, or balloon hats for rain protection.. Wes went from having NOTHING to actually contributing to a team.. and I love his rework.

The only thing in the game I feel truly needs a nerf is content designed with the intention you’d have 2-3 other players with you to do it.

There are better ways to Nerf Wendy besides just making her waste through weapons again.. but I don’t have any suggestions for it at the time.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Remove the petal buff- and Wendy just eats through more Spears and Helms then she needs to.

no because she already has a mob that deals aoe damage combine with her

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think you may have missed the point of character refresh

the point of refreshing characters is to make them less flat and basic like happens in DS, most of them are wilson with little perks

is true that some DS downsides arent fun but downsides make character interesting like warly, wormwood, wanda, wurt, etc meanwhile wendy feels like an afk wilson

Archived