[Game Update] - Public Testing - 483211

• Developer

Hi everyone,

Today's patch for the Public Testing branch has a work in progress version of the new Manual Radbolt Generator building, as well as some additional cluster options from the base game revised and restored for Spaced Out!

There is also fixes for a couple bugs that stuck around too long.

Full patch notes below. If you'd like to try the Public Testing branch you can follow the instructions listed here.

Features

• Spaced Out! Only
    • Added Classic Style Oceania Cluster. 
    • Added Classic Style Oasisse Cluster.
    • Added sound ambience for irradiated areas.
    • Added Manual Radbolt Generator building.
    • Added the "More Materials Science Research" tech tier and moved "Materials Science Research" down one tier.

Changes

• Spaced Out! Only
    • Worldgen
      • Moved Teleporter POIs on classic clusters a bit further away from the start.
    • Reordered Classic Clusters and set difficulties. Renamed Large Forest Cluster to Verdante Cluster.
    • Small changes to artifact victory sequence's camera work.

Bugs

• All Versions
    • Fixed issues causing rocket entombment states to be inaccurate.
  • Base game Only
    • Removed Spaced Out! version of the Data Bank from base game sandbox tools.
  • Spaced Out! Only
    • Fixed issue where Duplicants would not put on a suit if the checkpoint was built next to the rocket interior door.
    • Fixed critter count in daily reports being a factor of the worlds in the cluster
    • Fixed rockets in flight daily report counting.
    • Fixed issue where Printing Pod animations did not play in Moonlet Clusters.
    • Worldgen
      • Added Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier to Flipped Asteroid.
      • More consistent Pip spawning on Frozen Forest Asteroid
      • Changed minor volcano spawning rules on Sandstone Asteroid, Forest Asteroid, Swampy Asteroid (Spaced Out style clusters) so they can also spawn in the magma biome when present from the Magma Channels world trait.
    • Morale High Ground achievement requires at least one Duplicant in space.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1

19 hours ago, JarrettM said:

There is also fixes for a couple bugs that stuck around too long.

Could we get a fix for this old bug since 2 years ago?

Spoiler

Edited by yoakenashi
Placed all links in spoiler to reduce size of post per feedback :)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

@yoakenashi As a little side note, which may not be relevant to door permission problems and may not be helpful for you. Some game bugs and crashes are related to playing long time with the same save game.

One of your screenshots shows something like cycle 2500, in some other door permission report there is mentioning of dead, unburried dupes ( dead dupes can still cause all kind of problems, that's ongoing since years ).

A problem which caused a crash or some kind of bugs, sometimes gets fixed a month later with the next update...but if the save game originated from the time-before-the-fix, then such a save file can be a ticking time bomb. 

However, this may not be connected to your mentioned bugs. I played a total of 20000 cycles or so, I never had a door permission problem... but I only use global permissions.

Good luck! May Klei be with you. :p

Edited by babba
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, JarrettM said:

Added Manual Radbolt Generator building.

new building idea is really nice, and I like it.

but...

to make it work you guys changed ComplexRecipe constructor from

public ComplexRecipe(
    string id,
    ComplexRecipe.RecipeElement[] ingredients,
    ComplexRecipe.RecipeElement[] results,
    int consumedHEP = 0)

to

public ComplexRecipe(
    string id,
    int consumedHEP = 0,
    int producedHEP = 0)

causing all mods using recipes to crash. Would you consider some solution that allows you to achieve the same cool result without breaking mods? Ofc updating the mod is not a problem for me in that case, I just fear about those mods whose authors may not be aware of the change, causing the mod to be ever-useless.

Please let us know, so we knew if we should rush fixing that issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AzulCrescent said:

Isn't Uranium currently renewable through space POIs?

It is.

8 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Could we get a fix for this old bug since 2 years ago?

[long list snipped]

I am not sure you are doing anyone a favor by posting it this way. I am already annoyed at the amount of scrolling this needs. 

• Like 7
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, AzulCrescent said:

Isn't Uranium currently renewable through space POIs?

Oh, I haven't tried drilling those POIs yet, and after checking update details I found that POIs like Radioactive Asteroid Field could regenerate over time! Great, glad to know it.

I was a bit puzzled by the manual generator for radbolts but then I figured out that on Rime I started recently I did not find any traces of whezeworth. But uranium on the other hand.. you could swim in the stuff (in lead suit but that needs lead ;) ). So it seems like it's a good solution for radbolt production for at least Rime Classic start.

And I really like more starts - means more opprotunities for unique playtrough (and lowers chance of going far with one.. to many options). Rime has been pretty interesting and completely different then other ones.

Edited by Orzelek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, joodo said:

Oh, I haven't tried drilling those POIs yet, and after checking update details I found that POIs like Radioactive Asteroid Field could regenerate over time! Great, glad to know it.

They actually regenerate pretty fast and the artefacts in there regenerate too. Not sure whether that means infinite vacillator recharges as well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

They actually regenerate pretty fast and the artefacts in there regenerate too. Not sure whether that means infinite vacillator recharges as well. 

They seem to regenerate at different rates, at least in my case (might be %based, no idea, because similar POIs have different maximum mass). I wonder if anyone took some time to run more in depth tests on space POIs, the info would be quite useful for late game planning - maybe worth looking into when the DLC is released and things stabilize a bit.

It does mean infinite vacillator recharge btw - you can get them from coffee mugs.

Edited by NeoDeusMachina
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

They seem to regenerate at different rates, at least in my case

There's a separate regeneration rate defined. It's absolute, not % based. The max regen rate is usually about twice the min regen rate. It varies according to the field type.

Not sure how it applies to artifacts tho.

• Sanity 1

43 minutes ago, MiniDeathStar said:

Shouldn't those last two params be optional, given that they default to 0? This confuzzles me.

My understanig is that when I coded in my mod

ComplexRecipe myRecipe = new ComplexRecipe(myId, myIngredients, myResults);

It was compiled to be in the end

ComplexRecipe myRecipe = new ComplexRecipe(myId, myIngredients, myResults, 0);

And now mods crash because there is no such constructor, only the one with two ints in the end.

My guess is that this should allow us to have both of the ways:

public ComplexRecipe(string id,
    int consumedHEP = 0)
{
  return new ComplexRecipe(id, ingredients, results, 0, consumedHEP); 
}

public ComplexRecipe(string id,
    int producedHEP,
    int consumedHEP)
{
  // current logic here
}

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MiniDeathStar said:

Well, I think you just need to update your mod's DLL references – then it should compile to ..., 0, 0)

As I said, making a fix for this is not a problem for me. I guess all I need to do is to rebuild my code with latest ONI libs, I don't even need to change anything with my code. The problem is that plenty of mods use recipes and many authors may not be aware of the change and those mods will be far from useful for many, many months...

• Like 2

• Developer

@pether Changed to the following and left a comment in the code about mod compatibility.

public ComplexRecipe(string id, RecipeElement[] ingredients, RecipeElement[] results)
public ComplexRecipe(string id, RecipeElement[] ingredients, RecipeElement[] results, int consumedHEP)
public ComplexRecipe(string id, RecipeElement[] ingredients, RecipeElement[] results, int consumedHEP, int producedHEP)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1

On 10/22/2021 at 5:28 PM, JarrettM said:

Changed minor volcano spawning rules on Sandstone Asteroid, Forest Asteroid, Swampy Asteroid (Spaced Out style clusters) so they can also spawn in the magma biome when present from the Magma Channels world trait.

I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1