[Game Update] - 480303

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug causing flying creatures in the caves to ignore the world collision after waking up from sleep.
  • Fixed a bug where rotating the camera didn’t properly rotate objects in the world when paused.
  • Fixed a bug where pausing in certain circumstances prevented you from doing actions even after unpausing.

View full update

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Hunger 1

37 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Fixed a bug causing flying creatures in the caves to ignore the world collision after waking up from sleep.

Lightbugs can't fly over the void and get stuck on borders now due to this.
:'{

Edited by -Variant
  • Sad Dupe 2

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

No revisions to that horrid cookbook recipe I see :P

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What are your ideas for the cookbook?

Everything a bit more logic than 3 random cooked ingredients at least.

2 Papyrus like Wicker books would be the strict minimum don't you think ? Then idk if they really want to add food as an ingredient for the book recipe then at least make it a Crock Pot meal like Meatballs, new players would easily figure you need a Crock Pot to make that first as the book is right after it in the Food Tab. :idea:
If not, then, why not the Feather Pencil, that couldn't be worse than trying to explain how you make a book out of the 3 current things.
(For real, since when craft made so little sense in the game ?)

Also I don't quite get the point of removing Science Machine from the craft as anyway you need the Crock Pot to learn anything out of it. All of the changes this item got make very little sense unless I miss something super sneaky. It's really out of nowhere, can't remind anyone complain about it was before.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

4 hours ago, ADM said:

Also I don't quite get the point of removing Science Machine from the craft as anyway you need the Crock Pot to learn anything out of it. All of the changes this item got make very little sense unless I miss something super sneaky. It's really out of nowhere, can't remind anyone complain about it was before.

Maybe for anyone new entering a pub, they can try new dishes or told to craft specific dishes they have never seen before and have it recorded.

You can check the recipes you've encountered when venturing from pub to pub where kitchens may already be present. Kinda like gaining food experiences as you travel around and sharing it with others.

You can technically always have a cookbook present as soon as you enter a new world. As a new player you can always double check before cooking so you don't waste other peoples foods. Then when you go to a friends who may also have a kitchen you can say, "Oh hey I learned how to cook this more efficiently. Hold on let me check my cookbook." 

I'm probably grasping at straws idk.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ADM said:

I'm under the belief that the actual aim of making it scienceless is to make the food menu visible at all times to give very fresh players a better direction to what to aim for, by displaying the likes of crock pot and garden digamajig from the start.

I'm personally okay with that change but I think some craftables like Growth Formula Starter, Compost Bin and Mushroom Planter shoukd be moved up to Alchemy Engine tier to avoid clutter- I'd only make sense since even bucket of poop is alchemy tier.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

What are your ideas for the cookbook?

If the point is to not use papyrus, Reeds are a must in my opinion. Why are there toasted seeds anyway, they literally don't have a place in the cookbook. Something such as 6 Reeds (any amount of reeds really), 1 Charcoal and a cooked red cap would make infinitely more sense in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1