What are your hopes for the next chain of updates?

I've been thinking back on A New Reign & Return of Them and it's fun remembering all the content we got from them, the game is so much better for it.

It's a hard thing to predict, but what do you hope the next potential themed updates will be about/focus on? I'm personally hoping for lots more lore and obviously good new content, but I really don't know where they'll be going aside from maybe more involvement from Wagstaff.

I just want Klei to not worry about rules or boundaries and just get completely creative. Wanda is a huge step in the right direction for what I want, balancing is set to the side in place of fun and exciting content. Not that Klei isn’t creative already, but I feel like they’ve let some great ideas fall flat just because of poor balancing decisions. For example, the Strident Trident.

Also the sealed portal had better get a use or I swear to god.

I got the strangest feeling Klei will start implementing Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Forge, and Gorge inspired Biomes, Mobs, & gameplay mechanics throughout the game world: And honestly?? Why not?! They’re All Klei’s assets, they are all part of the World that is the constant as a whole.. And they would really help fill out the game with new content and new gameplay.

Imagine for example: a Forge inspired biome out on the oceans that’s roughly the size of and as content packed as the first Return of them Update Turn of Tides. 
A “Cluster” of unique biomes with their own unique mobs, hazards, resources & weather effects like Lunacy.

The TL:DR- Klei added boats to the game- Now they can literally add anything and EVERYTHING they want to out there in the oceans somewhere giving us places to sail to & explore.

I also very distinctively recall when I kept asking for SW & Hamlet content compatibility Klei devs would tell me they’re aware that lots of people would love to see that happen: but lots of other people would prefer they finished Return of Them updates first.

And THEN- we had lunar horror mobs completely scratched before they could really get started, and we had Return of Them end abruptly with a cliff hanger style ending.. 

So now that Return of Them is officially over, Maybe they’ll revisit the thought of adding mobs, biomes, weather & mechanics from SW, Ham, Gorge, Forge.

4 minutes ago, deemo_ said:

Not that Klei isn’t creative already, but I feel like they’ve let some great ideas fall flat just because of poor balancing decisions. For example, the Strident Trident.

It always felt like Klei was too scared to make some stuff in RoT strong, like the Glass Cutter, or the Strident Trident(I guess in fairness the trident is meant to be a tool, and I do like it as a tool more, but damn klei, three gnarwails?)

1 minute ago, W0l0l0 said:

Character reworks honestly. It's my 1st preference. I just feel bad for Wilson and people who play/want to play him. 

Well I mean: not counting Wolfgang who is getting his rework in December there’s only 4 remaining reworks (unless Klei plans to also add the rest of the DLC cast.. which would make it 10)

WX78, Wickerbottom, Wilson, Maxwell

DLC: Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff.

I also feel like Wilson deserves to be the last and final rework because HE is the only one to have survived Maxwells randomly generated worlds of pure torture, choose to forgive Maxwell for his actions, and ended up taking his place as prisoner to the Shadow throne..

If Wilson’s rework doesn’t showcase that in his gameplay SOMEWHERE I’m going to be severely disappointed.. WES even got cool fun abilities when people expected Wes would remain exactly how he was with no changes at all- Wilson has currently taken Wes’s place as least interesting character in the game.

I want Klei to focus on refreshing older content. New content is fun and all but it's mostly the older content that we are surrounded by.

And when I see those outdated AIs or bare bones biomes I just feel really bored all of a sudden.

Once old content is on par with RoT content I'd like Klei to add progression and randomness. To make the game feel less static

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

And THEN- we had lunar horror mobs completely scratched before they could really get started

still sad about this, i really digged the cosmic/body horror vibes that RoT had (at least in the first update + grotto)

This Rose Appraiser hopes for the Sealed Portal to get a use, of course. But also hopes for a more diverse ocean, which while is lively (relatively) needs a bit more to be truly worthwhile to explore. This Rose Appraiser also desires more Lore. The Ancients have been well explored during their fall, not so much with their precursor stage, now that! That would be interesting, what was their relation to Alter?, what caused them to fall out of favor and seek the fuel?, just who is Metheus?, and the biggest question of all: who left the gas on before we left? no, wait, that's not right... what was it... ah yes! What is Wagstaff planning to do with the energy of the moon itself!

I want them to prioritize reworks above everything else. There will be 4 left by the end of this year and I would honestly prefer if they take the first half of 2022 to get those last few characters up to speed with the rest of the cast. Obviously that won't happen, but that's where I believe their priorities should lie.

Edit: unless they are planning some big lore reveal with Maxwell/Wilson's rework that will be in line with the updates, then it's understandable I suppose

Archived