How to start playing a specific character

I've been wanting to play some new characters(Willow, Maxwell, Wurt, etc) but I don't know the best strategies, of course I could just look it up on Youtube but I want tips from everyone not just content creators(beard 777 is bad but most others are good, I just wanna hear from casual players like myself and most others). So I thought of starting a new topic where it's a give some take some advice sorta thing, also is this is already a topic please tell me how to search topics up because when I searched it didn't show something like this. TLDR: Give advice take advice, casual to casual player. 

MY ADVICE: I'm talking about the character Wendy, she is generally easy for new players so I will just give tips that I didn't know when I started. Frog ponds are a goldmine, if you are low on food or meat just sit around some ponds with angry Abagail to get some legs, extra points if you plant some flowers near there for butterfly spawns(It's good to stock up on both before winter). During your first full moon I'd suggest getting Abagail to attack the pigs at the PigKing village, with some nightshade nordstrum it should at least kill a few pigs. Finally, if you want healing during winter I'd suggest getting near a few swamp ponds during dusk for a few sacks. TLDR(advice edition): Kill pigs on full moon, hang around ponds, and plant flowers so Abagail can get you some healing and muchies.

As always have a nice day!

As a Wendy main there are probably things I could tell you about Wendy’s rework that most people don’t even notice: For example.. Pipspook are an excellent PASSIVE way to lower the sanity of any other character who is NOT Wendy- Why would Anyone want to lower their Sanity you ask? Well Maxwell & Willow both RELY upon it.. Pipspook still spawn even when there is NOT a Wendy in the world, so save those food sources and just go stand by a Pipspook! Also the Sisturn when filled with flower petals will passively restore sanity (and also speeds up Abigails bloom rate)

For Wurt my advice is to find a swamp with ALOT of pre-built Merm Houses: This is IMPORTANT because World created Merm houses can spawn like 6+ Merms from one tiny shack (it’s best if you don’t ask how..) Wurts special Merm shacks only spawn one Merm but if those are built in conjunction with pre-existing world ones: Wurt becomes like Wonder Woman leading an Army of Amazons.. the best part? You can recruit them as followers with Seeds, or Fish so when a Merm dies.. the fish it drops can recruit a new Merm.

Merms will also chop wood AND Mine Rocks for you.

And lastly: Carrying a Pet fish and wearing a top hat as Wurt prevents negative sanity drain for her while in caves so explore till your hearts content down here!

for wurt go fishing at summer and try to fish up 2-3 sunfish and make a tin fishing bin and they work as a better thermal stone for winter once one is about to die put it in the tin fishing bin and take out another one and cycle through

this isn't really game changing but star sky (thing that makes hutch follow you) gives you a sanity boost since it counts as holding a fish

wilson: make funny noises then die

willow: good for surviving winter i guess? she's not a terrible nightmare fuel farmer either, although you could just go wolfgang or wigfrid to do that

wolfgang: he's basically wilson but you can get a 2x damage multiplier and slight speed buff when you eat, so get lots of food i guess. his hunger drains faster in normal and mighty forms too

wendy: wendy's damage debuff doesnt apply while riding a beefalo, but the bonus damage wendy gets ontop of abigails bonus petal damage does, meaning with a war saddle on an ornery beefalo you can get like 101 damage per hit.

wx78: easily the best ruins rusher

wickerbottom: you can farm krampus sacks i guess? you can mass produce blow darts too if you get a reed trap. this character's kinda boring otherwise lol

woodie: chop tree become moose then punch thing

wes: be funny mime then burn base

maxwell:use one of the most powerful books likely ever created to gather logs and rocks

wogfrod: stab thing then eat thing

webber: get like 20-30 nurse spiders and never wear armour again as you just face tank everything

wortox: get called op, then proceed to have another "wortox op" thread be created on the general discussions page. kill butterflies and spiders and you wont have any problems surviving

warly: cook food

wormwood: you can dig up a spiky bush and re plant it to get sanity (mightve been changed but last i heard spiky bushes dont drain sanity)

wurt: honestly no strategy to this character since all her perks are just structures, just do whatever you'd normally do with bunnymen but with merms instead. the merm king isnt worth keeping up 24/7, just summon him whenever you plan on fighting something

walter: idk sing a campfire story or something lol

random: the best character choice, obviously

wilson just be wilson

wolfgang explore dont over eat your self if you dont go into a fight

wicker ignore alchemy engine if your alone a science machine works like an alchemy for her otherwise just prebuild alchemy and find swamp for books and then spam farming food if you want

wigfried kill things for meat kill frogs kill rabbits kill spiders kill pigs kill everything eat meat make helmets for others and later that healing song

webber collect spider stuff whit the help of spiders if pigs attacks you try goin into spider turf to get help if possible hold space to collect meat like stuff before they do

warly collect all sorts of food eat the food get meat if you can for more food mine nitro rocks for early pack that makes food spoil slower do the farming get lots of food hope your lucky whit the peppers and garlics and sometimes onions to what i call "the big triple warly deluxe" build grinding build seasons build an extra pot next to it build inbetween all the 3 a chest to store the spices in make spice use spice to kill bosses more easy

wortox see wigfried but -the helmets but dont forget dont get over 20 souls eat them heal it or teleportation to not get over 20 souls

wurt rush boats hope you get lots of kelp hope you find moon isle or pearls isle to get some replant kelp once 20 kelp store them get beefwool and pigskin build merm village it has to be on swamp turf make your own remove alredy existend one or just base in swamp king gives good bonus but dont forget the most importand thing KILL PIG  FOLK FLORP

walter extra inventory has easy range attacks dont get hit make gold bullets kill birds whit it use bird meat to give pigking to get more gold dont forget to make a marble farm to get good and strong ammo cant lose sanity from anything but gettin hit lose less sanity if you get hit whit hat on body armor for best options still lose sanity from not havin near full health use hat to slower the drain right click on campfire firepit cold campfire and cold firepit at night to gain sanity back and for others

The way that I play willow is using BERNIE as a sort of body guard for myself and other players

I like to use a nightmare amulet (and if possible, a bone helmet) to help quickly switch back and forth between being insane. That way I can have BERNIE active exactly when i want, and basically "Pack up" when im done.

I prefer to activate BERNIE when other players are insane and seem to be struggling with their shadow creatures, that way they get taken off of them and BERNIE and i can take care of them.

and a few early game tips are that glommer goop and raw green caps can be used to quickly go insane when needed. 
going insane can be good for getting beard hair from rabbits if there isnt a wilson on the team. that way you can have a back up bernie.
and if there is a Winona, try to get some tape from them, as its the best thing to repair bernie's with

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a Wendy main there are probably things I could tell you about Wendy’s rework that most people don’t even notice: For example.. Pipspook are an excellent PASSIVE way to lower the sanity of any other character who is NOT Wendy- Why would Anyone want to lower their Sanity you ask? Well Maxwell & Willow both RELY upon it.. Pipspook still spawn even when there is NOT a Wendy in the world, so save those food sources and just go stand by a Pipspook! Also the Sisturn when filled with flower petals will passively restore sanity (and also speeds up Abigails bloom rate)

For Wurt my advice is to find a swamp with ALOT of pre-built Merm Houses: This is IMPORTANT because World created Merm houses can spawn like 6+ Merms from one tiny shack (it’s best if you don’t ask how..) Wurts special Merm shacks only spawn one Merm but if those are built in conjunction with pre-existing world ones: Wurt becomes like Wonder Woman leading an Army of Amazons.. the best part? You can recruit them as followers with Seeds, or Fish so when a Merm dies.. the fish it drops can recruit a new Merm.

Merms will also chop wood AND Mine Rocks for you.

And lastly: Carrying a Pet fish and wearing a top hat as Wurt prevents negative sanity drain for her while in caves so explore till your hearts content down here!

Can you clarify why Max and Willow “rely” on lowering their sanity?

14 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I mean.. willow needs to be insane to use BERNIE.. but no clue why max is there

Mostly because of how he plays in Solo DS, you need Nightmare Fuel to use the Codex Umbra and a perfectly sane Maxwell struggles to collect Nightmare Fuel. Of course these tips don’t really matter when playing with multiple people: But while playing Alone like I do 96% of the time- they may actually prove to be useful.

In Solo DS I actually struggled getting Maxwells Sanity low enough to farm NM Fuel after my original puppets were of course accidentally smacked or something.

The way I eventually found how to easily low his Sanity was to:

Spoiler

Jump in and out of a Wormhole till Sanity dropped low enough to spawn Monsters to farm on :lol:

I like playing characters with special summoner type / minion type perks a lot, so most of my long-term playthroughs consist of Maxwell, Wendy, Webber, and Wurt.

From my experience among the 4, Wurt can technically be the worst character to play as, since her food limitations are very impactful on how you have to play her, especially before the first winter (early game berry bushes / honey farms / stonefruit bushes / kelp / birdcage for eggs). Plus, the maximum food spoilage timer for most of her edible recipes are only 15 days. However, with enough merms from seasonal grinding for materials, she might be one of the best characters to play into late game, just because her character perks allow her to amass a merm army to chop / mine / fight raid bosses effectively like BQ or Moose/Goose.

Wendy can be quite fun in the short term, but playing as her in the long term makes everything feel like a breeze and lack of a challenge. I started out playing as her just because she has her sister who aids in AOE combat without having to involve herself, and I decided to switch to a new world with Wurt when I got better at the game just to challenge myself more. Usually when I play as Wendy, I mostly go for demolishing tier 3 spider dens or just killing a ton of spiders for silk / glands / monster meat just because she is the most effective human character to do so.

I've played as Maxwell the longest (1450 ingame days and counting), and I can confidently say that Maxwell is a very squishy character. I almost never leave without a stack of healing salves and 2 pieces of armor when I venture out from base, and I usually don't worry about food because he can eat cooked monster meat when venturing out for a long time and suffer insignificant offsets to his health. Playing as someone squishy, he is not the best character to fight any mob or boss head on, so his reliability on followers like bunnymen is crucial to dish enough damage to raid bosses like BQ. I have 50 bunny hutches built right beside BQ to farm her every season. Maxwell is surprisingly efficient in clearing trees and rocks though, and I can usually set up an area for a base in less than a day. He's also pretty efficient at making cheese farms for mobs or bosses (materials for bunny hutches / pig farms vs BQ, silk and gland farm using bunny hutches, collecting rocks for 40+ shadow pieces fight within half a season, mass marble farms for armor against dragonfly, mining underground for fossils for fuelweaver). I enjoyed playing as Maxwell very much despite his massive squishy downside, and I think Maxwell as a solo character is totally viable once he amasses a great enough bunny army for fighting various mobs.

Currently I'm playing long-term as Webber, and to be honest, he is a really fun character to play with, with minimal downsides once I got my fire farm for pigs working. The refresh made him better and much more viable to kill bosses, and he is able to gather 2 stacks of monster meat, silk and glands EACH DUSK through spider wars (with a big enough playfield of spiders that is), which I feel is on par with Wendy but without getting constant aggro by any spiders, and he saves much more time because he can pick up all the loot during spider wars, compared to Wendy who has to risk sanity and life to get near the spiders when picking up loot. Once I had my pig farm set up, I can go on for seasons with just plain jerky (and meatballs / bacon & eggs when I convert spoiling jerky into eggs). He is totally fun to play with against raid bosses like BQ / Dragonfly, especially using his spitter / nurse army. His playstyle revolves around expanding his spiderverse, so I typically wait for spider queens to spawn and murder them over and over to multiply the spider dens for cheap. Having a safe zone near the base to store the important spiders like nurses / spitters / warriors are always helpful for when you need to get an instantly accessible army to help you fight. As an early game Webber, top hats are the way to go for sanity since silk is easily farmable even on day 1. His 'taming crafts' like the Webber Whistle is just so cheap, he can amass an army within half a day and easily wipe out even spider queens, and the Shoo Box is handy to control the spiders so that they don't go haywire if you accidentally hurt a spider somewhere.

Whenever I join public servers, I play random characters just to try their suitability within the community within a short span of time, and I find that my preference is usually Woodie, Webber, or Maxwell with the context of helping the players in the server to gather a lot of resources in the shortest time possible (Woodie - stonefruit & logs, Webber - all spider loot, Maxwell - logs & rocks).

One of the important things to consider when choosing a character is what do they do well that sets them apart from everyone else and how they change it, as well as how do their stats and downsides alter the playstyle of the character? Many times it can force you to adapt your goals or even basic tasks such as eating or fighting; for example, Walter. Walter does not lose sanity from most things including darkness but loses sanity on being hurt; he also takes more damage from bees, so fighting can be tricky with him especially since he has only 130 max health (20 below the average). As for specifics and strategies, I can only tell you what has worked for me personally.

For Wurt:

Spoiler

I have a few tips that may be useful. It can be pretty beneficial in the early game to uproot Berry Bushes on your way when exploring the map for the sake of making a berry farm to help satiate you before you can get an established farm, bull kelps, or stone fruit bushes. It may also be in your best interest to start a bee box farm at some point to begin amassing Taffy for sanity, as well as Honey for snacks (I like to eat 1 honey after every Taffy to mitigate the health loss). This is just me but I don't really mind picking flowers as I travel, as it can help keep you sane a little longer and can provide rot if you let them spoil, which in turn can be used to fertilize the bushes you collect (although be mindful of where you pick them if it's a place you frequent so that you don't eliminate the local butterfly population, especially since Wurt can eat Butterfly wings). This was mentioned before but you don't need an entire swamp to place a merm hut, you only need one tile's worth, and I believe someone confirmed that you can place up to 4 huts on a single tile? I could be wrong on that last part. To reiterate on rot, it would be pretty beneficial to gather lightbulbs from the caves if you want to amass a lot of rot, as lightbulbs spoil quickly and are very easy to obtain in the deeper parts of the caves. Kelp takes only .25 of a day to dry and restores 10 sanity when eaten, so it may be good to set up some drying racks for when you plan on making trips to the lunar island for bull kelps (and those grow back every 2-3 days). Since you gain 33% increased hunger from veggies and fruits, many crock pot dishes are that much more filling; so if you stock up on some ice you could easily make a bunch of Fist Full of Jam for just under 50 hunger, Dragonpie for close to 100, or use Figs to make Figatoni for around 75 hunger. I don't like to rely on keeping a fish on me at all times, even though it can be tempting; best done in situations where you know the sanity gain will help such as the early days with a Top Hat to negate dusk and night sanity loss, or especially in the caves where you will constantly lose sanity. That said, if you have the resources you could base near a pond to replenish your fish every so often, but you will find as you play her that one of the most reliable ways to get fish is from your merm friends. As I've been told in the past, "The best type of work is the kind that others do for you", so take advantage of those suckers to fight, mine, and chop for you. Merms are essentially pigs with better AI in the sense that they don't freak out at dusk, can mine, have far more health and speed, and are more easily befriended (you can use seeds of the ground), if you get tired of them and maybe want a new fish or frog legs, start a war amongst them. Meat is not entirely useless to her either as she can turn them into eggs using a birdcage and can subsequently use them as filler in the crock pot (eggs don't count as meat in crock pots I suppose lol). Because of how resilient and reliable merms can be when chopping wood, consider using birchnuts instead of pine cones to create both Trail Mix, and to amass living logs with Poison Birch nuts. Cactus Flesh is also very useful for sanity gains and as a reliable food source for winter if you ever find yourself struggling for food. If you want to invest in the King of Merms then I would recommend setting up at least 2 merm huts near the Royal Tapestry to have a new merm ready as soon as the previous king dies; I say that because unfortunately one of the best strategies for the King is to simply let them die of starvation and replace them every so often with another merm as it's far cheaper hunger wise. Overall I like to quickly increase my merm and merm guard numbers when I play Wurt. She's a slow starter for sure, but her perks are pretty strong in the late game when you build what could amount to as a fortress.

For Maxwell:

Spoiler

Not an expert on Maxwell or Willow, but I will certainly give my best assessment of them both from my experience with both characters, so I will start with Maxwell. Maxwell is a character that is tied with Wes for the lowest health at 75 total; that means he can't take too many hits, which you mostly start to feel the effects of with bosses. His Shadow Puppets are very helpful for what it's worth and they last until death to boot, but unfortunately you might not get too much value out of the shadow duelists (I'm sorry @ShadowDuelist) as they also suffer from the same 75 health. It is important to note that while you get 1 nightmare fuel by manually killing them they do NOT drop any upon being killed by mobs. Farming nightmare fuel ironically can be difficult for maxwell because of his passive sanity regeneration, so one way to mitigate this is by summoning 2 shadow duelists and 1 miner puppet which will make you permanently insane (don't worry too much about the duelists, they don't attack the shadow creatures). Maxwell is perfect for cave basing due to his sanity regen, and he makes for what can be considered the superior lumberjack because of his Loggers and Digger puppets that can, without any input on your part, clear a forest while you pick up the remnants in no time flat. I would personally summon only when it's necessary to avoid wasting nightmare fuel, but that is a personal preference. Shadow puppets will drop what they are doing and run over to Maxwell if he is doing an emote and then proceed to do the same emote; this can be useful if you want to group them together for a moment to think about what you want to do next while not leaving the area to remove them from, say, chopping when you don't want them to, and to keep them idle while you use the dance emote. Because you regenerate 6.67 sanity every minute you can put it to use for any task that uses sanity without issue, such as eating certain foods, picking dark flowers (which I will get into in a moment), or any other activity that might passively drain sanity. Seeing as nightmare fuel is the bread and butter to any Maxwell, it would benefit you quite greatly to drop some bees in a patch of dark flowers so that they repopulate over time and can be picked to be refined into, you guessed it, nightmare fuel. If you want, you could even plant them in a location of your own choosing if you transform a flower while as a ghost; but it's generally easier to use the dark flowers that naturally spawn next to a Totally Normal Tree. Maxwell is a great character that finds his niche as more of a harvester than anything else, fighting may be difficult at times, but with enough practice that won't be much of an issue.

For Willow:

Spoiler

Willow is a bit of a unique character in it that she has average stats (minus the 120 sanity part) with quite a few amazing perks. For starters her Lighter is a pretty good mini-torch in the early days, and is easily craftable; not to mention that it can be used as a portable cooking stove, with 100 uses for cooking food on the go. Bernie is a very useful tool to be used for when you go insane what with his large health pool and damage, even better considering he can fight shadow creatures for you (but be wary shadow creatures drop less nightmare fuel as a result. He's a protector, not a farmer after all). One thing a lot of Willow players will do is keep multiple bernies in their inventory (generally 2 total) to place down when the other dies, and once one of the bernies die you can easily use a sewing kit on them to restore them to full durability. Sanity, as a result, is something that you will have to decide on whether or not you want to focus on. You could either hold onto bernie for shadow creatures and stay sane most other times, or allow yourself to go insane regularly and keep him by your side. If you choose the former, then be ok with not utilizing big bernie too often; if the latter, then you will want to prepare some ways to manage your sanity in both gaining and losing it. Consider using Glommer's Goop to lower your sanity on a whim by a large amount, especially since it doesn't spoil; and maybe some dried kelp for sanity gain because of its long spoilage time and accessibility (cactus flesh and taffy are great too); although if it's dusk/night, your could alternatively sleep on a bed roll / fur roll for sanity, or even a tent / siesta lean-to. I actually don't like to use fire too much, so hopefully someone else will give more valuable information on her fire perks; but I do however use it as a way to warm myself up when wearing clothes or holding a thermal stone; one trick you can do is to place down a pre-built Tackle Receptacle and burn it while you stand in its fire. When the Receptacle is burnt you can easily hammer it for all of its material components back to be made again since destroying burnt structures refunds only a portion of the recipe, but since this recipe only calls for one of each ingredient, you get them all back. One more thing I almost forgot to mention was the fact that she has a 10% sanity multiplier to most things (similar to Wolfgang's downside) that can come in handy with plenty of things when it comes to wearable items. Also, bernie can be held in the hand slot to give passive sanity (about +2/min) and roughly the same insulation as rabbit earmuffs, so consider that in the winter if you want to help counter her downside of freezing faster. I suppose her "overheating slower" perk is pretty nice, but I neglected to mention it. Finally I will wrap this up by saying that she is a pretty great starter character as long as you understand what she can do, and when you respect the fact that she loves fire. Not personally one of my favorite characters, and I actually had to search the wiki just to jog my memory on a lot of her kit to boot, but I hope I helped a little.

I was gonna do all the characters but decided my hands didn't need arthritis from typing for no reason, so I hope any of this helped you at all. If you have any specific questions, shoot me a DM if you feel like it. That goes for any other newer member and whatnot. I'm not a genius by any means, and I'm certainly not as smart as many of the other forum users here, but I always love to help and give my two cents wherever I can.

Wortox's abilities are most valuable early in a world, so jump right in, get some resources, get some souls, locate the desert(cactus slurps) aboveground, and ruins (gear chomps) underground - nobody can navigate the caves faster than a good Wortox.... I'm very bad at finding ruins personally but ideally a good Wortox saves the most time and resources being able to jump gaps that even a Weregoose can't.

Eat up some souls after the new world resource collecting, right before you start prototyping to fill up both hunger and sanity efficiently, since sanity will take 2x more food to restore. Your diet is now only meaty stews, cooked cactus and souls!

A neat trick if the warp limitation is still a thing: Wortox needs light around his destination to be able to warp. If there is a ledge you often cross underground that your light is out of reach to warp to, plant fireflies at that other ledge you're trying to reach, and you can use them to light the ledge and warp there consistently now.

14 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I mean.. willow needs to be insane to use BERNIE.. but no clue why max is there

Thank you for trying to explain.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Mostly because of how he plays in Solo DS, you need Nightmare Fuel to use the Codex Umbra and a perfectly sane Maxwell struggles to collect Nightmare Fuel. Of course these tips don’t really matter when playing with multiple people: But while playing Alone like I do 96% of the time- they may actually prove to be useful.

In Solo DS I actually struggled getting Maxwells Sanity low enough to farm NM Fuel after my original puppets were of course accidentally smacked or something.

The way I eventually found how to easily low his Sanity was to:

Reveal hidden contents

Jump in and out of a Wormhole till Sanity dropped low enough to spawn Monsters to farm on :lol:

The best way to farm nightmare fuel as max is to summon 2 duelists and a worker as it caps his sanity at below the threshold where shadow creatures spawn.  You don’t need to manually lower his sanity to do that as long as you keep a supply of nightmare fuel.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

Thank you for trying to explain.

The best way to farm nightmare fuel as max is to summon 2 duelists and a worker as it caps his sanity at below the threshold where shadow creatures spawn.  You don’t need to manually lower his sanity to do that as long as you keep a supply of nightmare fuel.

Mhm and that was exactly my problem :lol: but it’s also good to know quick Sanity draining methods that don’t require late-end game items should you ever end up in the San situation as I was.

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Mhm and that was exactly my problem :lol: but it’s also good to know quick Sanity draining methods that don’t require late-end game items should you ever end up in the San situation as I was.

summoning duelist and a worker doesnt need any late game item, is the cheapest and easy way to do it as maxwell

ofc, is good to know other methods for playing other characters

on topic: since you meantioned wurt im gonna say few basics tips.

Cacti grows in winter and gives a good amount of hunger so if you run out of food in winter you can rely on them, Stone fruits helps too if you manage to have them early.

Use the merms from the swamp to get resources (wood, rocks, fish, etc) to make her early less grindy, you can get a huge amount of boards in few time for your base or your own merm houses. To make the warriors ones just make merm wars and give all the fish to your king to get easy tentacles spots. And dont waste resources feeding all the time your king unless you need bonus stats or you are going to use your merms to fight, just feeding the merm until becomes merm king gives you arround 4 days until the buff finish

for healing in early game you can rely on blue mushrooms, trail mix (one birchnut see+2 berries+1 twig), butter muffin (1 butterfly wing+1veggie+2 twigs) or farming tomatoes or potatoes, each gives 20 healing when roasted

the farms are also awesome to fill your stomach and you can grow things in winter. Pupkins are awesome, are basicaly a meatball for wurt and roasted gives 8 health so dont bother farming durians and go for pupkings, tomatoes and potatoes, maybe dragonfruits if you dont mind cooking but arent neccesary

for sanity you can use dried kelp, roasted cacti, fancy spiralled tubers (1 potato+2 fillers+1 twig), ice cream (1volt goat milk+1 or 2 ice+1 or 2 honey),salsa fresca if you dont mind farming onions (1 toma root + 1 onion + 2 fillers), spicy vegetable stinger (1 toma root/1 asparagus + 2 veggies + 1 ice)

On 9/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, Toros said:

Can you clarify why Max and Willow “rely” on lowering their sanity?

Maxwell has passive sanity gain, when his upsides require nightmare fuel. Willow has Bernie and nightmare fuel is useful for her as well, not realy relying on it more than any character(To my best memory). 

Characters play the same, for the most part. Even Wormwood, Wanda, and Warly still share the vast majority of what they do with everyone else, and they're the characters who are the most different.

2 hours ago, NoNohnNo said:

Maxwell has passive sanity gain, when his upsides require nightmare fuel.

Ruins gives a lot more nmf than insanity. Later on you can make an scp farm, too.

Archived