1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

Only 4 will be able to eat sitting though... Others will eat on the floor.

Mess table on an unstable platform (ladder, pneumatic door, opened airlocks) functions well.

It does not accept table salt, though.

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Since when?!

I don't know, sorry.

By the way, dupe sleeping on a flipped ladder bed is in the bottom-right cell (I'm not sure what good this will do.)

I also noticed that upper beds can be used even if the bottom bed lacks platform.

Spoiler

center.png.942cc5817660b31baa31af67e304af3a.png

Seems like they save the most space when placed vertically as they are both a bed and a ladder. If we don`t canre about rooms in the rocket then putting 3 of those in the large module can also work as the main ladder leaving much more space for other stuff. Looks like a lot of figuring out what else we can fit in the rocket.

59 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Seems like they save the most space when placed vertically as they are both a bed and a ladder. If we don`t canre about rooms in the rocket then putting 3 of those in the large module can also work as the main ladder leaving much more space for other stuff. Looks like a lot of figuring out what else we can fit in the rocket.

You are right... I gave it another quick thought and i was able to upgrade my luxurious spacefarer module with space for third dupe while gaining bedroom bonus for them :-)

image.thumb.png.b8ac085a7ac45cc016f2a506caa641b9.png

13 hours ago, Lbphero said:

Not much substance to this post, I just really want to show how you can use the beta branch's ladder beds rather nicely outside of rockets.

OxygenNotIncluded_WOlDqMAnat.thumb.png.e426509f21aebf2c8f1e012ef0652302.png

makes a room surrounded by doors, so a dupe can access anytime from anywhere xD

On 8/20/2021 at 8:40 AM, Jurij I. Gorkij said:

I am wondering - how somebody found any use for them in rocket interior?

OxygenNotIncluded_NF2erEwSTT.png.03374411eb57148b64cdadabddf6944b.png

this is with a mod that i whipped up in 2 seconds to allow them to be usable without foundation, but the principles stay the same. This rocket was used for colonization of the radiation asteroid, it may seem inconsequential, but going without the -1 sore back debuff may prove vital in initial survival.

A cosmetic, but would be nice if we could build just the ladders, doesn't matter they cost refined metal. Could they also slide on a pole where the bunk beds are? Maybe beds attached to the ladder instead and right side working like a pole?

Archived