Why doesn't chilli work on beefalos anymore?

Really? Chili Flakes don't buff their damage anymore? :( That is a shame. Such a change is questionable from a balance point of view. It was hardly overpowered. Just look at Wolfgang with full buffs, lol. That could use some adjustment.

This needs to be investigated.

8 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Really? Chili Flakes don't buff their damage anymore? :( That is a shame. Such a change is questionable from a balance point of view. It was hardly overpowered. Just look at Wolfgang with full buffs, lol. That could use some adjustment.

This needs to be investigated.

Wolfgang isn't really op compared to Webber and other combat alternatives.

That being said I never realized the dish power buffs worked on beefalos it would be interesting if it effected all mobs.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/131224-game-update-469426/

• Spiders are properly affected by eating food now, allowing them to heal and other effects

Could this change they made of "other effects" be related to food buffs effects on followers? (and maybe beefalos)

Also, does this affect only spicy food? How about garlic food, does that still work?

13 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Really? Chili Flakes

I'm glad you said that because I was too embarrassed to ask what they meant by Chili not working anymore. Like, Barbecue & Chili? See the aura of beefalo? Only now did I realize what that meant.

This "feature" seems to have always been a bug. The code has a section getting the external damage modifiers of the beefalo, (`externaldamagemultipliers`), but during the damage calculation it used the player's (`self.externaldamagemultipliers`) instead, leaving the former unused. This was fixed recently, but sadly beefalo are not debuffable so they do not have access to any external multipliers.

2 hours ago, Crestwave said:

This "feature" seems to have always been a bug. The code has a section getting the external damage modifiers of the beefalo, (`externaldamagemultipliers`), but during the damage calculation it used the player's (`self.externaldamagemultipliers`) instead, leaving the former unused. This was fixed recently, but sadly beefalo are not debuffable so they do not have access to any external multipliers.

Great! So now abigail doesn't buff a beefs damage right? At least not treating it as Wendy and applying the correct 10%?

why wolfgang doesn't seem so powerful to me is that by many standards, he's the worst worker by virtue of him eating more than other characters.

He takes more energy to cut trees, mine, gather, you name it. Where he does best is fighting ofc, but you're probably not fighting more than you cut trees, mine, gather, you name it.

Where I would tone down wolfgang would be his chaud froid. the strength of 6 characters is a little overtuned.

38 minutes ago, chirsg said:

why wolfgang doesn't seem so powerful to me is that by many standards, he's the worst worker by virtue of him eating more than other characters.

He takes more energy to cut trees, mine, gather, you name it. Where he does best is fighting ofc, but you're probably not fighting more than you cut trees, mine, gather, you name it.

Where I would tone down wolfgang would be his chaud froid. the strength of 6 characters is a little overtuned.

Yes, that is why people find Wolfgang boring. The normal chores are more tedious, because of the increased food upkeep, and the challenging and epic boss fights are reduced to almost trivial encounters with all the added bonus damage and movement speed. The idea behind Wolfgang is nice in theory but in practice it could indeed use an overhaul.

1 hour ago, licet_insanire said:

are you absolutely sure? I saw someone in the bug report thread reporting this bug and saying that while spicy foods didn't buff the beefalo anymore, garlic and volt goat chaud froid still did

yes I tested a bajillion times before and now, garlic has never reduced the damage taken by the beef but it does reduce the damage taken by the rider (from things like bishops and mactusks), a lot of people have never bothered to test though and spread the false information that it does

Archived