The god damn physic get it right

I was playing and had some difficuly with my pipe managing. And I was like '' god damn it why is it so stupid''. I'm a have a diploma in physic and, yes i love lots of things in this game, but the physic of the piping is stupisly broken. Because pipes don't have a sense. In physics you will learn that the nature is naturally lazy. It always took the more easy path. Their is no right way. Can Klein manage do do a pipe sytem that is without a way withou a enter or a exit just if put a pipe what is in the pipe should go in the new ones i plug. The gaz will not say o i can't go this way. Its lazy if you plug it gas or liquid will take the way. Manage taht please. 

4 hours ago, Frontenac said:

I was playing and had some difficuly with my pipe managing. And I was like '' god damn it why is it so stupid''. I'm a have a diploma in physic and, yes i love lots of things in this game, but the physic of the piping is stupisly broken. Because pipes don't have a sense. In physics you will learn that the nature is naturally lazy. It always took the more easy path. Their is no right way. Can Klein manage do do a pipe sytem that is without a way withou a enter or a exit just if put a pipe what is in the pipe should go in the new ones i plug. The gaz will not say o i can't go this way. Its lazy if you plug it gas or liquid will take the way. Manage taht please. 

Here you go, enjoy the reading (link from reddit, kudos to u/kyldvs).

This ones old but pretty much the same thing, uses the old look for piping input/output but is fairly informative

Or the more simple piping priority cheat sheet

I used to think the same way at first. then I saw a few videos on how to takes advantage of the mechanics of the I/O of the system. Everything will make sense when and you will appreciate the fake physics when you do base temperature management and temperature based "chemistry"

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Note that building outputs blocking the pipe is not true for all buildings. Buildings that have internal storage are exempt, like sinks, lavatories, and showers.

What do you mean?  Lavatories become inoperative if their output pipe is blocked with liquid.

27 minutes ago, psusi said:

What do you mean?  Lavatories become inoperative if their output pipe is blocked with liquid.

That's not what is meant. Most building outputs are blocked by any amount in the pipes. Even if it's the same element type. Lavatories, sinks, and showers are not (I think there was one other building but I can't remember at the moment).

On 8/15/2021 at 5:17 PM, Frontenac said:

I’m sorry, but I really can’t take any of this seriously when I’m still chuckling at the word “Klein”

21 hours ago, Saturnus said:

That's not what is meant. Most building outputs are blocked by any amount in the pipes. Even if it's the same element type. Lavatories, sinks, and showers are not (I think there was one other building but I can't remember at the moment).

Oh really?  I thought that was true of all buildings and that's why you want to run the line of pipe past the toilets above the output port and have a segment of pipe go from the port to merge into the main pipe.

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Oh really?  I thought that was true of all buildings and that's why you want to run the line of pipe past the toilets above the output port and have a segment of pipe go from the port to merge into the main pipe.

You don't need to do that with lavatories, sinks and showers anymore. It was changed years ago.

Archived