SinancoTheBest

Improvement Suggestions for the Waterlogged Content

HowlVoid    4399

Personally I think sweet fish could be a replacement for figs in fig recipes. They have a diet of mostly figs I believe. Kinda like the popcorn fish.

Would help with the scarcity of figs. Perhaps killing them can give the fish meat and a 25%-50% chance at a fig (isn't fully digested). A sweetener value unfortunately won't add much to the fish's value as honey is pretty abundant and there arent any fish+sweetener recipe combos as far as I'm aware. 

Or both have a sweetener value and possibly drop a fig on death.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1

SomebodyRandom    436
2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

including a way to turn land to sea (Team Aqua from Pokémon series would be proud)

To be fair, turning land into sea and vice-versa was more for decorative purposes, I was intending on having the other types of giant trees as a form of fig tree on land.

But hey, I won't say no to Team Aqua

(Or Team Magma, I got some rocks ;) )

• Like 1

Szczuku    17595
6 hours ago, minespatch said:

I think the new swamp could be a tad bigger, maybe some subtle banjo music to add to the atmosphere?

This would work out pretty well if the mangroove biome was part of swamp shore and Klei actually begun their work on reworking/refreshing biomes.

Like, the part of the swamp that's connected to the mainland is wild, lots of tentacles, reeds and ponds, but once you get closer to the outer shore the usual swamp ambiance receives the subtle banjo as you begin to see more signs of some sort of civilization. Pig heads on a stick, mushrooms and bog bushes, which grow durians, merm houses forming an actuall village (instead of being stranded randomly across the swamp). All near a shore where you see the giant trees, grass gators and figs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

minespatch    89311
Just now, Szczuku said:

This would work out pretty well if the mangroove biome was part of swamp shore

I keep forgetting this isn';t a swamp. :wilson_laugh:

I get vibes of the opening of Pirates of the Caribbean ride with the trees, fireflies, and overall Louissianan atmosphere with the mangrove, hence my comments.

• Like 2

JosePapp    981
5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

This would work out pretty well if the mangroove biome was part of swamp shore and Klei actually begun their work on reworking/refreshing biomes.

Like, the part of the swamp that's connected to the mainland is wild, lots of tentacles, reeds and ponds, but once you get closer to the outer shore the usual swamp ambiance receives the subtle banjo as you begin to see more signs of some sort of civilization. Pig heads on a stick, mushrooms and bog bushes, which grow durians, merm houses forming an actuall village (instead of being stranded randomly across the swamp). All near a shore where you see the giant trees, grass gators and figs

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel like it would be cooler if small patches of land spawned under the tree to form an actual salt water mangrove swamp and make a tad more sense

• Thanks 1

Sunset Skye    12640
On 7/30/2021 at 3:16 AM, minespatch said:

I keep forgetting this isn';t a swamp. :wilson_laugh:

It's more like a bayou! I don't think mangrove is correct, as mangroves are called that because of... well, mangrove trees.

• Thanks 2

minespatch    89311
3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

It's more like a bayou!

That's the word! Something about this has a Lousiana feel. Definitely needs banjo music. Maybe they could do a Hamlet jungle remix with banjo music?

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

The Tree Jam recipe does need a rework. Also I had no idea figs only counted as 0.5 fruit value, that's kind of ridiculous. also, I would have liked it if there were a koalefant biome that could justify farming for trunks.