Many accounts - cross platform - a lot of money to spend???

Hello. I am a bit confused with cross platform accounts in this game...

I've bought Don't Starve Together (DST) on PlayStation. I paid for it. 

It turned out that not all content in the game is free, even if I paid for it (e.g additional characters).

Well, I decided to buy Wormwood. Additional money spend. I was playing on PlayStation for couple of months.

Recently I've upgraded my pc. I was trying to get DST for my pc. No chance? I didn't know how to do it..

I've bought additional version of the game for steam. Buying the game second time, like what is it?

After logging into game (it used my steam account) I DON'T see an option to use account from PlayStation. Do I need to BUY Wormwood + skins + cloths AGAIN? Is it a joke? I've spent a lot of hours getting my dream cloth setup.

I bought the game 2 times.

I bought the character 2 times.

Can someone explain? I want to play with my girlfriend on PlayStation (DST). Does she need to buy character as well?...

In total I will pay for it:

2x - game (PS, PC)

3x - character (PS, PC, PS for girlfriend)

Can anyone help me? I am spending my money over and over again without ending. I've never seen such system before. I am SURE I am doing it wrong. 

Please explain someone how to get it in a proper way.

Games on different platforms are almost always completely independent of eachother. If you get any game on Playstation then want to play it again on PC or Xbox you're practically guaranteed to have to buy everything again. 

You can share an account with your girlfriend, that would allow her to play the game without paying for it. Besides that, every character in this game can be easily bought without real money (using spools). 

• Developer

I'm afraid we don't currently have cross-ownership between platforms. We'd love to have it, but this is an area the platforms are understandably rather sensitive about and was not an option when we developed DST. Now it's something that's at least open to discussion but it's difficult to go back and change it, and it's not allowed across the board.

I've been actively following the game on PlayStation since the beta, and I can say with absolute certainty that klei has invested a lot in consoles, but there are things that unfortunately don't just depend on them, and as Nome said, this affects many companies that develop for multiple platforms.

30 minutes ago, nome said:

I'm afraid we don't currently have cross-ownership between platforms. We'd love to have it, but this is an area the platforms are understandably rather sensitive about and was not an option when we developed DST. Now it's something that's at least open to discussion but it's difficult to go back and change it, and it's not allowed across the board.

Can we Transfer the skins from the pc to the ps4 or the opposite. In the future

9 minutes ago, Mr.zork said:

Can we Transfer the skins from the pc to the ps4 or the opposite. In the future

Sony handles very rigidly and complicated when it comes to marketable items within games, this transition between platforms as simple as it seems to be, it's not...

20 hours ago, noindyfikator said:

I want to play with my girlfriend on PlayStation (DST). Does she need to buy character as well?

Your girlfriend only needs to buy Wormwood if she wants to play as Wormwood. You can use Wormwood while playing with her, even if she hasn't bought him.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:05 AM, noindyfikator said:

It turned out that not all content in the game is free, even if I paid for it (e.g additional characters)

That's just a straight up lie.

Just because you decided to pay to skip the progression doesn't mean that the characters arent free. You can get all the characters without spending a dime.

Isn't all that cross-platform situation a norm? There are very few cases where owning a game on one platform would give you it's copy (and all it's inventory) on others. Those cases are usualy time-limited when the game becomes freshly avaible on new platform or the game has cross-play.

Archived