Wurt changes I feel are needed.

- Wurt can now eat all raw veggies with no downsides, not just kelp and durian, the only exceptions possibly being mushrooms and/or chili.

Mostly to make the kelp benefit a little less out of place, and to better match up with her swamp creature characterization, letting her chow down on things like raw onions and potatoes, as well as lichen without any penalties.

- Merm guards can now hold spears to deal 84 damage per hit, battle spears also work for more damage. Non spear weapons don't work.

Merm guards unfortunately fail to beat out bunnymen in terms of damage per second, despite the requirements of hiring all of them with food, and their significantly higher upfront cost in terms of a merm king. This would give them a boost to dps while also integrating the neat visual of the eye of the storm trailer, and making the damage a somewhat notable investment for larger groups of guards. Also gives wurt a little bonus synergy with wigfrid, which is always nice.

- Merms and merm guards now regenerate hp over time, like bunnymen or beefalo.

While not incredibly pressing, it doesn't really make sense for merms to take lasting damage from everything, and just makes certain activities, such as wood chopping, a little more tedious if they get worn down by treeguards.

- Wurt no longer gets speed boost from marsh turf, and instead gains wetness. Wetness gives her a speed boost of up to 20%.

While Wurt should by no means be discouraged from placing marsh turf, DST is fundamentally a game with heavy teamplay aspects, and thus she should not be incentivized to use it as a replacement for cobble roads. It would also serve to actively incentivize gaining wetness as wurt, while giving an added challenge in colder seasons in exchange for another way to beat the heat in summer.

- Freshwater fish and eels now have a consistent weight, and can be stacked in the same manner as bees or butterflies.

While ocean fish maintain a sense of individuality due to their more in depth fishing mechanics, the same simply is not the case for freshwater fish. Right now it is needlessly complicated getting a decent number of freshwater fish at once for mermhouses or merm king trades because each and every fish takes up its own slot for the sole reason that we might want to weigh our impressive single-click catch. 

- Held fish are unaffected by wetness in terms of spoil timer.

Making a live fish wet shouldn't make it die sooner. 

- Merm King now trades different things according to what fish you give him, including gold, as well as maybe a chance at gems or other rarities.

While fishing could use some improvements in general, merm king would be a great way to encourage players to aim for rarer catches by offering different loot tables for each ocean fish, including a way to get gold as a substitute for pig king that doesn't just use the same old trinket trading system.

- Merm King now gives all types of crop seeds, a random assortment of fruits and/or veggies, and is less likely to drop normal seeds. He no longer drops rot.

Rot is an utterly pointless drop due to the large material cost needed to even set up merm king, and doesn't have the instant-growth benefits it once had with the old farms. The same holds true for the old non-crop seed drops and the limited selection of crop seed drops available. RWYS simplified farming to a huge degree in terms of both cost and yield, and merm king's trades relating to farming should be buffed to be more in line with what farming has on offer.

- Merm King now gives wurt a minor damage boost while active of 1.1-1.25 or so.

As a merm guard herself, it makes little sense that wurt doesn't get any sort of damage boost like her adult brethren. While the stat boosts are by no means bad, it would be nice to offer a little direct incentive to maintain the king. It wouldn't step on any toes either, since wigfrid's combat prowess is owed much more to her other perks, and warly and wolfgang both far outmatch this multiplier. 

- Merms now have their own names

Merms are now canonically able to communicate and much more intelligent than they were initially assumed to be, so it only makes sense that they would have the same privileges as pigs and bunnymen. I want to hire Glorpy and Glurtso please.

- Merms will greet wurt players if they come close, as well as players wearing clever disguise. Dialogue helps make it clear that normal characters are seen as merms with the disguise wheras they greet wurt as a merm guard.

This would help communicate why merm guards can only be hired by wurt, as well as make wurt feel more at home amongst her species. Unlike webber, Merms are neither feral nor different to her in any way, so it would be nice to see a little more open friendliness from them.

- Merms will thank the player if they gift a fish instead of feeding them.

Mostly just a minor flavor thing to help distinguish between food and pet fish gifts. 

- Merms will now get aggro on any mob that hits wurt, as she is a merm child.

Merms lose aggro very quickly already, so this would be an expensive way to take on bosses in terms of HP, and would mostly serve to emphasize that wurt is indeed part of their species. It feels very out of place to have merms be indifferent to a literal child of their species being attacked. It would also make keeping merms at base a little more beneficial for newer players.

- Clever disguise now uses durability instead of perish timer, and can be sewn.

Unlike Winona, wurt has never really suffered from a lack of other perks, and the spoil timer of the clever disguise only serves to make merm king harder to keep up than he needs to be. This way a clever disguise can simply be dropped next to the merm king for whomever is willing to crown the king while they're at base. This would also let wurt protect her wortox and webber friends from bunnymen in a more one-off fashion.

- Wurt will now take extra damage from overheating.

Given the number of buffs I've given her here, as well as the option to make herself wet in summer using marsh turf, I feel it's only fair that wurt be punished for letting her fishy body get too hot, especially since frogs and fish generally don't respond well to temperature changes in the water. 

- Merms won't get lost anymore >:(

The fact that this hasn't been fixed yet is honestly pretty unacceptable for a paid character. I and many others paid extra for this character, I expect one of her main perks to function properly. This doesn't make sense in game, and should have been resolved LONG ago.

- Merm respawn timers are no longer affected by winter.

Merms have much higher health than pigs, and don't offer anything special at all when it comes to loot. There's no balance reason they should fail to respawn in winter, especially given there's never any indication that this would be the case. If this is going to remain in the game, wurt should have dialogue for houses during winter that explain this, because right now it's just needlessly confusing.

- Merm guards will now return to their homes if the king dies, so they can be safely kept at base.

Given that even webber can keep his bloodthirsty carnivores at base without problems, I think it's reasonable merms be somewhat self-managing due to their higher resource cost. The alternative to this would simply be to make wurt-made houses not create aggressive merms, as they are not living 4 to a leaky outhouse, but in a luxurious little swamp hut all to themselves.

- Wurt can now swim in the water, but it is much slower than a boat, and drains hunger much more quickly.

Unlike the others, this is a little more of a wishlisty suggestion, as the kelp can often end up the largest obstacle in creating the royal tapestry due to the somewhat high setup cost of boats, as well as their overall clunkiness. While I don't think it's essential whatsoever, it would be a very cool mechanic, and might help convince players to spend some money or spools on her, something that could be highly worth it for klei due to her being one of the least played and likely owned characters.

- Frogs now neutral to merms - will retaliate but not attack unprovoked. 

Wurt seems on friendly terms with frogs, and merms are close enough to frogs biologically that they have the same meat based drop, so it's rather strange that frogs have no qualms starting wars with merms. Would make early game fishing a little easier while making mass frog murder during a frog rain something you have to initiate instead of a free bonus of having a merm guard army.

- Merms are hired forever by fish if merm king is alive.

Just general QOL thing to make playing her a little more like the new webber, while still putting it behind the food cost of maintaining merm king.

- Fish spoil slower whilst held by merms.

If wurt makes fish spoil slower, there's no reason a fish given to a merm shouldn't do the same.

- A way to dismiss merms akin to shoo box.

If klei doesn't want to make freshwater fish stackable, they could also drop any fish given to them when dismissed, allowing merms to be used to store fish, and get them back without having to kill them.

Eating spoiled fish instantly bottoms out wurt's sanity

Either that or disallow her from eating it.

- Frog legs and all frog and/or fish-based foods now also drain sanity.

Fish cordon bleu could have very high sanity drain as a combination of both.

- Merms now have the same stat changes wurt does

Right now merm king and merms lose hp from raw kelp (for example). I have not tested with durian, but ideally they would be made consistent with wurt.

- Durian now has favorite food bonus applied before the fruit bonus multiplier.

Right now, pumpkin is essentially objectively better than durian, this would give it a small edge in terms of hunger restored, making it at least the most powerful crop for her in terms of hunger.

- Wurt now gains sanity from sea wreath and loses sanity from garlands

Wurt thinks flowers look ugly, and likes being slimy and wet, so it would make sense to reverse the effects of these two items. Picking flowers could still restore sanity since she enjoys destroying flowers.

Merm king will now have chew time based on hunger value of the food

Many of the foods that are useful for feeding merm king have very low hunger value, and unlike Wurt the animation cannot be cancelled, meaning one has to wait for merm king to chew each and every food item. Let him swallow anything with less than 20 hunger in a single bite.

- Live/Raw barnacles can now be traded with merm king, and no longer count as meat when uncooked by bunnymen.

Barnacles are a difficult to obtain, but great long term source of fish, but one sadly totally useless to Wurt. Considering it is able to be used to create eggs, and fishsticks, it only seems fair it also work as a Merm King offering.

Generally agree with everything. Wurt is strong & fun right now, but awkward to play on a team and really sucks in areas of the game in which she feels like she shouldn't be. I especially like these suggestions,

• Wurt speed bonus reworked to scale with Wetness instead of Marsh turf. This is a really cool idea that would give her some very unique workflow and pair nicely with the already optimal method for most boss fights. I especially love how this would open up Wurt's early game, while still giving her a strong preference for the Swamp. Water Balloons would practically become a necessity as a way to provide wetness on the go, which is just cool. This idea I feel could be core to any further suggestions, such as the presence of any Merm King damage bonus. I especially like how this is a sidegrade, comparable to Woodie's rework, that defeats the current optimum but opens up more optimals that are more conditional.
  • Freshwater Fish & Eels are stackable. I would be fine with this. Honestly this is how all low end fish should function, since they will primarily be used as a resource rather than for sport. I don't feel that this goes far enough into making Fishing as viable a food source as agriculture or mob farming (spiders are way too good), but it's a start.
  • Reworked Merm King trades. The idea of having separate drop tables based on fish delivered is brilliant. However for this to really function feeding the Merm King needs to be less time consuming, to allow for extended fishing trips greater in length than the current maximum of 3 days. Perhaps Giant Crops can be placed nearby the Merm King to be steadily consumed, extending the time between Wurt needing to return?
  • General Merm fixes & improved functionality. Don't disagree that Merms are still farily janky in behaviour. Of course that's a common trend among all characters thanks to the often weird pathing in DST. Making them scale more like Bunnymen isn't a bad call, although considering relative costs Bunnies should still be the strongest of the three house mobs. I do not like the idea of Merms with spears, since they're already very strong for the cost.

Other things Wurt needs to be as smooth & comfortable to play as other high end characters,

• The basic Fishing Rod needs to have its Silk & Science Machine cost removed. The opportunity cost of freshwater/cave fishing compared to agriculture or spider farming is enormous, with the only real niche being as an emergency source of calories or something super early game before Giant Crops are an automatic regularity. Of course Wurt can't even eat fish, so the advantage is even less for her and there's almost no reason to use this benefit instead of just farming. 
  • The Merm King needs to extend his benefits to the caves and have a longer cooldown between required feedings. The issue with the King right now isn't how many resources he consumes. The issue is that those resources must be provided every few days. This makes it extremely inconvenient to venture far from your Merm King, especially at sea, since you'll have to retrace your steps usually starting the next day. If it takes you more than a day to get somewhere (which is entirely possible pre-Cobble roads, when sailing, or while spelunking), congrats you're going to have to do your thing there in a day or without the Merm King bonus. No other character has such an awkward & time consuming max benefit. Hell some characters get their max benefits permanently, such as WX.
  • Wurt needs to be able to eat Leafy Meat & Barnacles. It's almost impossible to keep Wurt fed while at sea, since your only food sources are Corn Cods, kelp, and Seeds dropped by birds. Every other character has access to all fishes, morsels dropped by birds, barnacles, kelp, and seeds as an after thought. It's especially damning since there literally isn't a single crockpot dish Wurt can make from just ocean food that isn't a trap. Meanwhile every other character has multiple great dishes they can make at sea. This would also go a long way to reducing Wurt's strategic reliance on agriculture, since she could also use Lure Plant farms or Barnacles as reliable long term food sources.

Good sugestions but klei take years to hear suggestions from community i'm asking for water ballons a way to make mobs or bosses wet but they never do that beside that Klei nerfed rain since rain used to make any mob or boss wet but now does not make anything so i hope they listen to this post ideia to make wetness mechanic more usefull 

11 minutes ago, Lord Cafe said:

klei take years to hear suggestions from community

actually they do hear them pretty often but that doesnt mean they have to add those things.

i mean, when you think about it if klei added every community idea then dst would be 90% anime women and that would be the worst possible timeline

12 minutes ago, Lord Cafe said:

Klei nerfed rain since rain used to make any mob or boss wet but now does not make anything

Huh? Rain does make mobs and other things wet, It might take a bit but they will eventually become wet if the rain lasts long enough.

42 minutes ago, Lord Cafe said:

Good sugestions but klei take years to hear suggestions from community i'm asking for water ballons a way to make mobs or bosses wet but they never do that beside that Klei nerfed rain since rain used to make any mob or boss wet but now does not make anything so i hope they listen to this post ideia to make wetness mechanic more usefull 

Someone said that mobs are only wet on rain because it caused lag to keep track of how many mobs and time was left on their wetness.

1 hour ago, Lord Cafe said:

i'm asking for water ballons a way to make mobs or bosses wet but they never do that

I feel like the reason this isn't a thing is because it would get rid of the entire downside of electric weapons

8 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

• Wurt needs to be able to eat Leafy Meat & Barnacles. It's almost impossible to keep Wurt fed while at sea, since your only food sources are Corn Cods, kelp, and Seeds dropped by birds. Every other character has access to all fishes, morsels dropped by birds, barnacles, kelp, and seeds as an after thought. It's especially damning since there literally isn't a single crockpot dish Wurt can make from just ocean food that isn't a trap. Meanwhile every other character has multiple great dishes they can make at sea. This would also go a long way to reducing Wurt's strategic reliance on agriculture, since she could also use Lure Plant farms or Barnacles as reliable long term food sources.

Personally, I don't see any need to let her eat leafy meat, as it's a rather late game food source, and mostly serves to give wigfrid a way to keep herself fed without going on the warpath all the time. By the time you'll be getting a decent amount of leafy meat, you'll have been able to set up bee boxes and just bring a stack or two of honey with you on fishing trips. Barnacles are not a commonly available resource, and their main value lies in their crock pot options, so this wouldn't really be of much help at all. Wurt is not at all reliant on agriculture, as between stone fruit, kelp stalks, berry bushes, bee boxes and even mushroom planters, you really won't be pressed for food even if you flat out ignore agriculture.

• The basic Fishing Rod needs to have its Silk & Science Machine cost removed. The opportunity cost of freshwater/cave fishing compared to agriculture or spider farming is enormous, with the only real niche being as an emergency source of calories or something super early game before Giant Crops are an automatic regularity. Of course Wurt can't even eat fish, so the advantage is even less for her and there's almost no reason to use this benefit instead of just farming. 

Strongly disagree. A fish gives wurt the same sanity gain as a top hat, with the only cost being 1 inventory slot, and you get a free rod from the oasis. You can also grab a fish from one of the merms that will kill itself on the tentacles instead. Making it even easier to get hold of a fish is unreasonable in my eyes. The main change I feel is needed is the removal of increasing time per catch in freshwater ponds, as it only serves to waste the player's time. It only costs 2 silk, and gives you access to 9 fish, meaning normal characters can make 9 batches of 40 healing with it via fishsticks, while Wurt can keep 1 for herself, and make 4 mermhouses. The main issue right now isn't the cost or value or the fishing rod, it's the need to constantly skip between ponds, and the fact that freshwater fish don't stack.

Making them scale more like Bunnymen isn't a bad call, although considering relative costs Bunnies should still be the strongest of the three house mobs. I do not like the idea of Merms with spears, since they're already very strong for the cost.

As guille has pointed out to me in the past before, Bunnies effective cost is rather low, as one can simply hammer all bunny houses from the caves, and rebuild them on the surface, whilst the materials for merm guard buildings must actually be collected. Furthermore, bunnies have hive mind mechanics wherin they will all attack what a single bunny does, meaning one doesn't need to hire all of them to take on bosses, while merm guards have to be individually hired due to their tendency to lose aggro relatively quickly if they're just attacking in retaliation. Note that I'm specifically asking for merm guards to be given this perk, not regular merms, which are obviously just as plentiful as bunnies.

Leafy Meat is only a late game food source if you're waiting till spring (and that's not really "late" game except for the fastest of players). If you're heading to sea, it's available in first Autumn. The biggest problem with the Ocean content at the moment is that it's not competitive with other strategies for early game, with the Lunar Island's Stone Fruit bushes the only preferable content in the first two seasons. Ruins rushing, roaming, basing literally anyone, all are generally more viable in the long run than heading to sea. Currently Wurt is one of only two characters that has minimal risk while sailing, yet the reward just isn't there. Having access to Barnacles & Leafy Meat for high value food would open up the sea as a potential area to explore in the first two seasons.

If you have access to Silk, that means you have access to spiders. Which means you could just be farming the spiders for food, so what's the point of fishing? I agree the pond timing is an issue, but equally as problematic is the opportunity cost of investing your time & energy in fishing compared to other better sources of food. Agriculture is so strong right now, I really see no reason to use the Top Hat or any kind of equivalent except super early pre-Prestihatinator. An inventory slot for a little bit of sanity gain is mediocre compared to a stack of any kind of sanity restoring food. Such food will no doubt also benefit your other stats as well. It's not too difficult to have several fields of Giant Potatoes by the middle of first autumn, something which can set you up for the rest of the year with a second planting in spring. Not only does this provide for your calorie, sanity, and health, it also gives you tons of rot needed for Marsh turf. The window of opportunity for Wurt to fish is thus a very narrow one in the first couple days of the game or all the way out in summer at the Oasis (assuming you also squeeze in some spelunking and head to the Lunar Island in Winter). Yes you can get lucky enough to pick up a dropped fish from a merm, but again the window to actually take that opportunity is a pretty small one when first raiding the swamp. For other characters the same paradigm & basic strategy holds true. Wormwood is the only character that really needs to fish early and that's just to get access to Growth Formula. But if he finds Glommer then that's moot. The window for effectively making use of freshwater fishing is a narrow band inbetween finding your first Silk and choosing a spot for your first Riggamajig. If you're doing a Ruins rush of any kind, that window doesn't even exist.

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying this last point. Seems perfectly reasonable to expect Merm Guards to be a bit more aggressive in fights. I still don't like the idea of buffing their damage output any further, they already three-hit most naked or backpacked characters.

2 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying this last point. Seems perfectly reasonable to expect Merm Guards to be a bit more aggressive in fights. I still don't like the idea of buffing their damage output any further, they already three-hit most naked or backpacked characters.

Unless you're planning on playing pvp, the number of hits they take to kill players doesn't really matter much since their damage drops all the way down to 20 once the king is dead, which is the only way they're going to be attacking players. VS mobs their damage per hit is significantly less important than their DPS, and I find it unreasonable they should be outdone by something as easy to get as bunnymen. The only other way to remedy this would be to make them either move much more quickly and decrease their attack period, or to make them attack in the same manner as bunnymen (without kiting). I don't think a dps boost to them will really break anything, it'll just make them faster at killing bee queen than fire farms or tentacle traps, which I think is a definite positive, plus making it possible to take her on with fewer merms earlier on. 

On 7/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, Hornete said:

It wouldn't really make sense if Wurt could eat barnacles, they're a meat like any other.

Sure. It just makes little sense that Wurt of all characters is completely vegan. After all Merms have never been shown to be vegetarian in the lore up to this point, and as marine organisms above a certain size they'd be bound to be carnivorous. It would make more sense for her to treat tiny invertebrates (such as shellfish) like a filter-feeding whale: food.

The fact that it can't really be circumvented by clever play makes it a poorly design downside. If I want to play a challenge character, I'll play Wes or Abigail instead since their unique bonuses can actually come up before the downside makes the game boring.

Of course this would be a non-issue if good Vegan options for crockpot dishes existed. Dragonpie is a good dish, but besides that the only healing-focused Vegan dish comparable to non-Vegan options is Flower Salad, which provides a pittance of hunger & sanity at 12.5/5. The best hunger-focused Vegan dish other than Dragonpie is Butter Muffin for christ sake. At least for sanity dishes some of the best exist that are Vegan (Potato Puree, Salsa Fresca, & Banana Pop), but two of those require developed agriculture and the other requires a seasonal ingredient and a cave ingredient. With just foraging, Wurt is looking at 15-30 less hunger, comparable sanity, and 25-35 less health on average that non-Vegans with the same access to ingredients. It's almost like Klei is making a political statement that Veganism is a bad idea the balance is so whack.

The other direction to go then to make Wurt more playable without reworking her character would be to introduce some veggie/fruit dishes to which she gains exclusive benefit. Something that plays off her existing raw veg bonus by rewarding Wurt for using a wide variety of under utilized crops. Perhaps she can use seeds in the Crockpot to make "Poppy Bread" (1 Corn/Potato, 2 generic Seeds, 37.5/10/10). Or she can make "Stinky Salad" using Durians (1 Durian, 1 Pomegranate, 45/5 sanity/30 healing, non-Wurt characters get -25 sanity when eating this dish and get a 1min penalty where they don't get the sanity bonus from other food as their tastebuds recover). Ratatouille could do with a rework (4 different veggies no duplicates, 62.5/5/3, the veggie meatballs).

I just want to be able to eat Veggie Burgers with the Vegetarian character dammit.

9 minutes ago, JaxckLl said:

The fact that it can't really be circumvented by clever play makes it a poorly design downside. If I want to play a challenge character, I'll play Wes or Abigail instead since their unique bonuses can actually come up before the downside makes the game boring.

Of course this would be a non-issue if good Vegan options for crockpot dishes existed. Dragonpie is a good dish, but besides that the only healing-focused Vegan dish comparable to non-Vegan options is Flower Salad, which provides a pittance of hunger & sanity at 12.5/5. The best hunger-focused Vegan dish other than Dragonpie is Butter Muffin for christ sake. At least for sanity dishes some of the best exist that are Vegan (Potato Puree, Salsa Fresca, & Banana Pop), but two of those require developed agriculture and the other requires a seasonal ingredient and a cave ingredient. With just foraging, Wurt is looking at 15-30 less hunger, comparable sanity, and 25-35 less health on average that non-Vegans with the same access to ingredients. It's almost like Klei is making a political statement that Veganism is a bad idea the balance is so whack.

The other direction to go then to make Wurt more playable without reworking her character would be to introduce some veggie/fruit dishes to which she gains exclusive benefit. Something that plays off her existing raw veg bonus by rewarding Wurt for using a wide variety of under utilized crops. Perhaps she can use seeds in the Crockpot to make "Poppy Bread" (1 Corn/Potato, 2 generic Seeds, 37.5/10/10). Or she can make "Stinky Salad" using Durians (1 Durian, 1 Pomegranate, 45/5 sanity/30 healing, non-Wurt characters get -25 sanity when eating this dish and get a 1min penalty where they don't get the sanity bonus from other food as their tastebuds recover). Ratatouille could do with a rework (4 different veggies no duplicates, 62.5/5/3, the veggie meatballs).

I just want to be able to eat Veggie Burgers with the Vegetarian character dammit.

that is part of wurt fun, she doesnt play with crockpot...atleast i like not needing to prepare dishes like with other characters, makes her more unique in a reverse way than warly uniqueness

Couple of other tweaks I think would be good:

- Frogs now neutral to merms - will retaliate but not attack unprovoked. 

Wurt seems on friendly terms with frogs, and merms are close enough to frogs biologically that they have the same meat based drop, so it's rather strange that frogs have no qualms starting wars with merms. Would make early game fishing a little easier while making mass frog murder during a frog rain something you have to initiate instead of a free bonus of having a merm guard army.

- Merms are hired forever by fish if merm king is alive.

Just general QOL thing to make playing her a little more like the new webber, while still putting it behind the food cost of maintaining merm king.

- Fish spoil slower whilst held by merms.

If wurt makes fish spoil slower, there's no reason a fish given to a merm shouldn't do the same.

- A way to dismiss merms akin to shoo box.

If klei doesn't want to make freshwater fish stackable, they could also drop any fish given to them when dismissed, allowing merms to be used to store fish, and get them back without having to kill them.

Eating spoiled fish instantly bottoms out wurt's sanity

Either that or disallow her from eating it.

- Frog legs and all frog and/or fish-based foods now also drain sanity.

Fish cordon bleu could have very high sanity drain as a combination of both.

- Merms now have the same stat changes wurt does

Right now merm king and merms lose hp from raw kelp (for example). I have not tested with durian, but ideally they would be made consistent with wurt.

- Durian now has favorite food bonus applied before the fruit bonus multiplier.

Right now, pumpkin is essentially objectively better than durian, this would give it a small edge in terms of hunger restored, making it at least the most powerful crop for her in terms of hunger.

A lot of really great suggestions @Masked Koopa i really hope klei will some day find the time/resources to give Wurt some love cuz god knwos she could definitely use some :spidercowers:

I especially like tying movespeed to wetness, no penalties for eating Lichen and resolving dietary inconsistencies between Wurt and other merms (damage from kelp), Spearmerms, better king (different fish=different reward, rare fish=rare reward, gold), damage from overheating, merm behavior fixes (they should totally defend her, at least the guards most definitely), frog neutrality is also really cute idea, eels/pond fish stacking, etc 

If Merm guards got to use spears i think it would also be nice if Craftsmerms could use hoes to till farmplots when u give them one. Although i imagine that would require some effort with animations and AI... :wilson_cry: and wurt is among the least played characters.. i still hope theyll find the time to do her justice. 

Id also really like to see allll the graphical issues with Wurt wearings hats be resolved... 

This is extremely JANKY and cursed: 

JANK.thumb.jpg.24135adc5e4b8d83fee52fb7235b4d40.jpg

On 7/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, Masked Koopa said:

- Wurt no longer gets speed boost from marsh turf, and instead gains wetness. Wetness gives her a speed boost of up to 20%.

While Wurt should by no means be discouraged from placing marsh turf, DST is fundamentally a game with heavy teamplay aspects, and thus she should not be incentivized to use it as a replacement for cobble roads. It would also serve to actively incentivize gaining wetness as wurt, while giving an added challenge in colder seasons in exchange for another way to beat the heat in summer.

whats the point in this, all it means is you need to spend more time on marsh turf to get the speed boost, and i for one would like to be able to use marsh turf for my roads, as its a nice change of pace from the constant cobblestones everywhere. Plus if you have a scaled furnace then all the wetness will just drain away in 2 seconds, not to mention, she's getting less speed now then she would on cobblestone. if other people want cobblestones, then they can go get it themselves. no offense, but this suggestion sucks. nothing else i really have a problem with here, just this unnecessary and forced nerf.

25 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

whats the point in this, all it means is you need to spend more time on marsh turf to get the speed boost, and i for one would like to be able to use marsh turf for my roads, as its a nice change of pace from the constant cobblestones everywhere. Plus if you have a scaled furnace then all the wetness will just drain away in 2 seconds, not to mention, she's getting less speed now then she would on cobblestone. if other people want cobblestones, then they can go get it themselves. no offense, but this suggestion sucks. nothing else i really have a problem with here, just this unnecessary and forced nerf.

isnt a bad suggestion taking in count that the game is called together so if you play with other people, that people wont get any positive thing from having mash turf as road, just the opposite since lureplants spawn in that turf. Playing with people as wurt makes that perk useless. If marsh turf would give wetness (making the swamp more dangerous for non wurt players) the story would be different

also water balloons exists

9 hours ago, Baark0 said:

The point of it is to make it more than just a niche early game perk or something you use purely in solo worlds. There's no reason marsh turf can't increase her wetness incredibly quickly to make the early game effects more similar, and it gives her a reason to throw water balloons on herself, or to wear the fashion melon on her head.

Right now the only reason to make use of this perk is as a substitute for cobblestones used only by wurt players (kinda goes against the idea of playing together) or to make early swamp traversal a little bit faster. This change would still let you do both of these things, but it would make cobblestones a little faster AND let you move incredibly fast if you have a way to get yourself wet.

Also @ArubaroBeefalo, my suggestion is specifically for Wurt since I'm not sure other characters would appreciate getting wet by walking through the swamp, even if it would make sense. The idea was that wurt just sort of romps through the mud and doesn't care about how much she splashes herself, or something.

Alrighty, I got a few more minor suggestions I've thought up in the mean time.

Wurt thinks flowers look ugly, and likes being slimy and wet, so it would make sense to reverse the effects of these two items. Picking flowers could still restore sanity since she enjoys destroying flowers.

Many of the foods that are useful for feeding merm king have very low hunger value, and unlike Wurt the animation cannot be cancelled, meaning one has to wait for merm king to chew each and every food item. Let him swallow anything with less than 20 hunger in a single bite.

- Live/Raw barnacles can now be traded with merm king, and no longer count as meat when uncooked by bunnymen.

Barnacles are a difficult to obtain, but great long term source of fish, but one sadly totally useless to Wurt. Considering it is able to be used to create eggs, and fishsticks, it only seems fair it also work as a Merm King offering.

2 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

Alrighty, I got a few more minor suggestions I've thought up in the mean time.

I dont like the suggestions to be honest. They dont have much sense

The munching time would be nice. Until they decide to change or not change how the king eats, you can drop the food in front of the throne and the merm will stand up and start eating like a werepig

Archived