USELESS ELECTRIC MILK & WX-78

Ah yes, electric milk. The Constant's staple dairy product, beloved by none for nearly a decade. Why is it yet to get any recipes or crafts? There is nothing that needs electric milk, which is situational to acquire anyways. You can't substitute it in waffles, in fresh fruit crepes, or in lobster dinner. True, it can be used in ice cream and the milkmaid hat (which needs a buff, nothing particularly electric about a head-slot slurper pelt.) But those two recipes can use the easier to get, longer to spoil butter.

Milk adds a realm of possibilities to the game, from breads to desserts to milkshakes and best of all... WX-78. Yes, our resident automaton would revel in the joyous taste of the forcibly obtained mammalian liquid. The sweet, electrifying thrill of a fleshing's  remains. As of yet, they have no means of charging up without the help of a Wickerbottom (coincidentally has a volt goat skin... but that discussion is for another forum). Either let WX-78 craft a self-charging food/item with electric milk, or allow them to chug the cold, shocking beverage raw to enable overcharge.

I suggested some time ago for a new recipe resulting in butter, using electric milk and butterfly wings in the crackpot.

As you could expect, nothing came of it but I like your idea! 

While we're discussing electric foods, why doesn't Choid-froid (I've looked up this word too many time because I forget the spelling. I no longer care) energize him when it literally cause players to conduct and generate electricity? 

Only "logical" explanation I can come up with is that they're different types of electricity, such as bio-chemical electricity (if there is such a thing. Dont @ me Im big dumb dumb) or-

Ah, forget it- there's no logic in this game.

lightning in game is described to give wx78 a complete circut

so the electricity is traveling everywhere in their body

electric milk just goes directly into the fuel processor

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

While we're discussing electric foods, why doesn't Choid-froid (I've looked up this word too many time because I forget the spelling. I no longer care) energize him when it literally cause players to conduct and generate electricity? 

gameplay wise, its likely for consistency between the characters

lore wise, it makes a little less sense, though it could end up being for the same reason i mentioned before-- its food that goes into their stomach and not their entire body to complete a circut

its true that it causes shocks to travel to enemies, and im still taking some time thinking exactly how that could work (if it can) so i'll get back to you on that

24 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

lightning in game is described to give wx78 a complete circut

so the electricity is traveling everywhere in their body

electric milk just goes directly into the fuel processor

gameplay wise, its likely for consistency between the characters

lore wise, it makes a little less sense, though it could end up being for the same reason i mentioned before-- its food that goes into their stomach and not their entire body to complete a circut

its true that it causes shocks to travel to enemies, and im still taking some time thinking exactly how that could work (if it can) so i'll get back to you on that

So when they eat gears, how does that work if it's going into the fuel processor? How do the gears upgrade their chassis through digestion? I think it would be fine, and again, it doesn't need to be a food item. The milk could be used to craft some sort of electric gel/upgrade.

26 minutes ago, Grim the said:

Use a telelocator staff on a mob and charge yourself. 

Oh yes, smart. I suppose the characters main flaw is now solved, for just one telelocator staff use you can get 0.5 days of overcharge. I hope this isn't nerfed tbh

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Only "logical" explanation I can come up with is that they're different types of electricity, such as bio-chemical electricity (if there is such a thing. Dont @ me Im big dumb dumb) or-

I always though that Wagstaff made them with some kind of electrical resistance that would accommodate a majority of foreign electric signals, hence other sources of electricity transfer, such as a charged volt goat headbutting you or a jellyfish stinging you, would not work. The reason why lightning would work is that the signal is so strong, that it both bypasses the electrical resistance and temporarily overclock them in an attempt to burn off the excess energy. 

As for the topic at hand, I don't  think the "electric" part of the name is really too substantial. While it is definitely more charged then average glass, we can assume that since all of the survivors can hold it in thier inventory, much less fully touch it and consume, it isn't a high enough voltage to do anything insane, such as overclocking a highly advanced robot. While I do agree the expanse of what electrical milk should do should be expanded, I think the electric part of the name isn't going to provide many results.

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

I'm more concerned about the fact that the gorge had 16 different recipes that required goat milk and the base game has 0 even though goat milk exists

Heap of Foods does kinda remedy this, but I get your point. (While mods are fun we shouldn't have to depend on them!)

6 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Heap of Foods does kinda remedy this, but I get your point. (While mods are fun we shouldn't have to depend on them!)

True, and also half the playerbase does not have access to mods.

52 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Oh yes, smart. I suppose the characters main flaw is now solved, for just one telelocator staff use you can get 0.5 days of overcharge. I hope this isn't nerfed tbh

my brain is melting because I can't actually tell if this is serious or mockery help

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

I literally said something like that in my post.

Yes, I saw! Why I said true, I meant to highlight that fact for others. A lot of the time I see people bring up "well... mods" but that just isn't viable. 

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

my brain is melting because I can't actually tell if this is serious or mockery help

No, I was unaware! I think Wilson should get the next rework, and leave it at that. Looking at it now, WX is fine. He can eat all the teams gems and all of the teams gears. It's his main perk, a garage disposal, which is very useful in getting rid of excess loot. The 5 minute charge is just a bonus klei don't nerf pls

Milk being used to create butter should probably be a thing, as the best way to get butter currently is to have a wendy have abigail kill butterflies, and half the time eating the butter on its own is probably the smarter decision, which is a shame since like 3 characters's fav food involves butter

No, I was unaware! I think Wilson should get the next rework, and leave it at that. Looking at it now, WX is fine. He can eat all the teams gems and all of the teams gears. It's his main perk, a garage disposal, which is very useful in getting rid of excess loot. The 5 minute charge is just a bonus klei don't nerf pls

Wx is kinda boring to play, and this is coming from someone who has a 1.5k day world with them. He's basically Wilson but higher stats and you just carry an eyebrella with you wherever you go. Also wx doesnt eat gems, and them eating all the gears really isnt a good thing. The garbage disposal analogy works with his no spoilage penalties i guess.

On topic of wx, i really would like a way to overcharge without a wicker, luck, or purple staff, as I have a telelocator to the lunar island, so if i want to overcharge, for example, to make mining a petrified forest faster, it means i have to break the telelocator, and if im too close to the lunar island, guess im sailing to the moon.

56 minutes ago, Baark0 said:

Milk being used to create butter should probably be a thing, as the best way to get butter currently is to have a wendy have abigail kill butterflies, and half the time eating the butter on its own is probably the smarter decision, which is a shame since like 3 characters's fav food involves butter

Wx is kinda boring to play, and this is coming from someone who has a 1.5k day world with them. He's basically Wilson but higher stats and you just carry an eyebrella with you wherever you go. Also wx doesnt eat gems, and them eating all the gears really isnt a good thing. The garbage disposal analogy works with his no spoilage penalties i guess.

On topic of wx, i really would like a way to overcharge without a wicker, luck, or purple staff, as I have a telelocator to the lunar island, so if i want to overcharge, for example, to make mining a petrified forest faster, it means i have to break the telelocator, and if im too close to the lunar island, guess im sailing to the moon.

Eating gems = wasting purple gems (blue and red as well if they were to craft them) to use a telelocator staff to get negligible amounts of charge. Twas a sarcastic comment, I agree with everything you have mentioned! Relying on a Wicker or a staff does have it's drawbacks, the point about having to destroy the tele focus is very hindering. Wormwood can self-bloom very easily now, WX needs a reliable way to overcharge that doesn't feel too cheap. WX-78 is a favorite of mine, thematically. Gameplay wise, they are suffering greatly.

40 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

it's rng, between 4 to 8 minutes if you don't have any prior overcharge and less depending on how much overcharge you have left

I didn't know this, thank you. That is... terrible lol

13 hours ago, Gourmand said:

which needs a buff, nothing particularly electric about a head-slot slurper pelt

Belt of Hunger makes you starve at 60% speed. Milkmade Hat makes you starve at -400% speed.

22 minutes ago, hot focaccia said:

as a webber main, you couldnt be more wrong as ice cream is epic

The point being you don't need milk for ice cream, butter is the better option 100% the time. Lasts longer, you can even set up a butter farm using catcoons 

Archived