Screeching violin sound?

3 hours ago, badfrogg said:

Yeah. i am defiantly not clicking with this game. I cant make it passed 5 or 6 days. I can't seem to get anything better then berries to eat. can't seem to connect my axe with any wildlife for meat. It is a painful grind with a nerve shattering soundtrack. 

> Get good

4 hours ago, badfrogg said:

Yeah, That is the sound, sort of. The clank and projector sound is not there and it dose not go away. Been listening to it for hours. had to mute the audio. I am not having any fun anyways with this game. 

are you playing DS single player? did you try to just exit the game and launching it again? that bug happens a lot but is as simple as exit the world lel

I also have 600+ hours in Dark Souls but I can't even kill a spider in this game.

wat

im starting to think that this is a bait topic by a low quality troll

Thanks all. I have 600+ hours in ONI but I just suck at this game. I am going to take a break and try reinstalling later if I decide to try playing again. I was really hoping to find something that I could play with my wife. Now I am no stranger to challenging games, I also have 600+ hours in Dark Souls but I can't even kill a spider in this game.

Yeah, I am leaving defeated. 

It can be a pain to learn. If you want, I could play with you for a bit and show you the ropes, or watch some guides. I will say, I do not recommend going in and trying to just "figure stuff out on your own" because a lot of the mechanics are really REALLY frustrating with that playstyle. Research is key with this game

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im starting to think that this is a bait topic by a low quality troll

No. I'm not a troll. I am serious. Anyways, It was Lucy that was the cause of the noise. Yes, I am better at Dark Souls than this game. Everyone can settle down now.

11 hours ago, badfrogg said:

No. I'm not a troll. I am serious. Anyways, It was Lucy that was the cause of the noise. Yes, I am better at Dark Souls than this game. Everyone can settle down now.

imagine if the battleaxe a Bandit started with made Lucy noises lmao

If you think about it, this game and Dark Souls have really similar combat systems. Bait an attack out, hold F / mash R1, dodge next attack, repeat. I think the biggest difference Dark Souls has is you have to pay at least a small amount of attention to how much stamina you have, since it's used for both attacking and evading.

Perhaps an oversimplification of the combat systems, but not that much of one. Both games have very simplistic combat systems where most of the nuance comes from things other than the system itself such as enemy count and placement.

18 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Lol I thought it was Lucy

This was my IMMEDIATE thought/guess

19 hours ago, badfrogg said:

No this sound is on day one and it is constant. It is horrible. Like someone is cleaning a chalkboard with a broken violin.'

I too cannot stand lucy. I can only play woodie with sound off. It's such an awful noise and it's all the time. 

Okay, I think we have the case solved. Try play another character. If the sound stays, it's a bug, if not, it's fricking Lucy, Woodie's speaking axe and nobody here will blame you for hating that sound, because, don't we all?

did this guy seriously quit the game just because of this glitch? LMAO

11 hours ago, rainman895 said:

Next DST patch: Removed Lucy because she was too confusing for new players.

you made me sad about cp_snowplow now

Archived