[Spaced Out! Update] - 469473

• Developer

Hi friends, 

Just a small patch today to fix a crash some OSX players are experiencing. Currently Apple Silicon/M1 is only supported through Rosetta and we accidentally included a non-functioning native build.

Fixes:

• Removed unsupported OSX arm64 binary (Apple Silicon / M1 chip) 

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Anybody having any insight on how the M1 runs Oni in comparison to some AMD64 CPU? (Yes, I asked this before...)

I guess... no. I heard apple users dont know fun, and they dont solve problems but let them solve by apple. So i guess, they dont play Oni ;)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, pether said:

Its all laugh and giggles, but I can confirm there are apple users who play ONI. They are not a majority, but they are there

I would have somehow surmised that there were ONI players that have to use apple... But I digress.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:10 AM, Gurgel said:

Anybody having any insight on how the M1 runs Oni in comparison to some AMD64 CPU? (Yes, I asked this before...)

I can confirm it runs as smooth as butter, i was shocked how my MacBook Pro performs compared with my Alienware I7 laptop. 

6 hours ago, bummins said:

I can confirm it runs as smooth as butter, i was shocked how my MacBook Pro performs compared with my Alienware I7 laptop. 

Thanks. That is good news because it confirms there is no reason to stick with AMD64 long-term. That architecture has mostly run its course with not much headroom left.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:16 AM, Gurgel said:

Thanks. That is good news because it confirms there is no reason to stick with AMD64 long-term. That architecture has mostly run its course with not much headroom left.

It's been a good run but it's time and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:16 PM, Gurgel said:

At least we didn't get itanium shoved down our wallets. x86 and derivatives are nevertheless too widespread to see an overnight shift in tech, though.

On the bright side, seeing that there is dev time dedicated to possibly having native solutions for other procs makes me have a good outlook on ONI's shelf life.

• Like 1