Spaced Out! - The Big Merge Update - 469287

Spaced out, testing build here... be still ex1 513 - 468841 version and not 469287.. (nothing planned on steam update)

and in the list of version, not a # listed..

image.png.ae880660dc2f0ca9c2f756ce203f83cb.png

how do I get the latest version please ?

After yesterday i can't even start the game.I can make it start in the vanilla version but when i make it download the DLC the game crash at the loading screen.I have been playing normally earlier in the day and with mods.

13 hours ago, BlueSkaiBlue said:

Is anyone else getting an issue where using a duplicant teleporter is causing a crash? The first time this happened, I restarted the game and tried again successfully. However, trying to send a new duplicant across or send my original duplicant back causes a crash every time. 

I'm wondering if it's because I had pliers and obviously it's now disabled with the new update. Not a problem, obviously, if this is the reason, then I'm sure I can get by without my ONI fix for a little while. ....well, I'll try to without getting too destructive

Reproduced this with mods completely removed and mod folder emptied. Looked at the crash and have the following:

Potential infinite transition loop detected in state machine: SleepChoreMonitor(root.checkforbed)

Goto stack:

root.checkforbed

root.sleeponfloor

root.checkforbed

root.sleeponfloor

etc...

I've submitted the crash report, not sure if it's a mod issue or if something with the new update is causing something weird to happen with the duplicant teleporters

Edited by BlueSkaiBlue

• Developer

Hello, yes, we forgot to update the public_test branch yesterday. We're going to be putting out a patch today and will make sure it ends up on both branches. Thanks for mentioning this!

This will also put the version numbers back in the correct order, and so mods showing as out-of-date even when they are updated should be resolved in most cases.

• Thanks 3

On 6/24/2021 at 6:01 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Updated food storage/refrigeration mechanics will be the same in both versions of the game

Oh come on. I am a fairly slow and cautious player, with not much time to play. I love this game but during the Early Access I never really managed to properly hit the endgame as the updates kept breaking my bases... I dream of one day building a petroleum boiler.

First time I launched into space, the base got broken just as I constructed LOX/LH2 setup by introducing logic ports on vents. I was so close! Haven't managed much time to play since, and was really a bit discouraged from playing by that happening yet again, this time just a few planets from the Tear...

Finally got back to it happy and confident that the base game is finally out, I can start a new playthrought and finally build all of my favourite desings slowly and without need to fear the change of mechanics. Planned things weeks, months in advance. Just breached and bunkered off space, would probably take a few hundered more cycles to prep for rockets sufficiently for my liking. No, an outdated kitchen design won't be game breaking but it's slotted in with my Great Hall just right, squished between this and that in my precisely measured out base.

I do actually like the new Spaced Out food refridgeration mechanics and think they're cool, but just once I wanted to have a peaceful playthrough without the need to figure out how to react to the updates in addition to the known game mechanics, and this is just very dissapointing.

Any chance this could be also be an option to be toggled on and off in the base game like it is announced for the new suit durability mechanics? Please please please?

Edited by riwenna
  • Sad Dupe 1

I have to agree with riwenna here.

I love this game, but the constant tinkering has gotten to the point where it's becoming pointless to play. I can't afford to dedicate the time required to perform the constant maintenance, so I have to wait for the mods to be updated by their creators (and they do a fine job), but with each iteration, there's mods that do not get updated, leading to a trial and error process before I can define a working mod list.

I accept that the game is in constant development, but considering I can't even play the base game now without removing everything and starting a new game without mods, I think it's time I gave this game a break. I might check back in again later, given enough time for the modders.

If I may make a suggestion, it may be more effective to layer the releases, and have a separate test environment. This would allow updates to go live, but allow a window of time for updates before it is rolled out to the 'live' environment.

Yes, I know Spaced Out is still in development, but it is also a bought product, so it is going to come with certain expectations. The consumer knows it is going to have rough edges and may contain bugs, but the consumer is also not going to persist with the game if it is too routinely troublesome. If you're going to allow modding, you need to allow for the time to update said mods.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ratchman said:

I have to agree with riwenna here.

I love this game, but the constant tinkering has gotten to the point where it's becoming pointless to play. I can't afford to dedicate the time required to perform the constant maintenance, so I have to wait for the mods to be updated by their creators (and they do a fine job), but with each iteration, there's mods that do not get updated, leading to a trial and error process before I can define a working mod list.

I accept that the game is in constant development, but considering I can't even play the base game now without removing everything and starting a new game without mods, I think it's time I gave this game a break. I might check back in again later, given enough time for the modders.

If I may make a suggestion, it may be more effective to layer the releases, and have a separate test environment. This would allow updates to go live, but allow a window of time for updates before it is rolled out to the 'live' environment.

Yes, I know Spaced Out is still in development, but it is also a bought product, so it is going to come with certain expectations. The consumer knows it is going to have rough edges and may contain bugs, but the consumer is also not going to persist with the game if it is too routinely troublesome. If you're going to allow modding, you need to allow for the time to update said mods.

On the one hand I like seeing the fast paced changes but yea I'm also not playing the game seriously right now. I test stuff in debug or make a quick colony with a specific plan in mind with no real intention of taking them to late game. I do think that there has been too many small changes that end up needing a world change. World changing tweaks should be made in larger patches and smaller changes should be made in-between.

For me it's not even about the mods... I use minimal quality-of-life mods (average volcano output: divides three numbers so I don't have to) and the zoom out mod, and I can do without both of those (both of which were updated already by the time I saw this thread and tried out the game).

But a few years ago I switched happily to single palyer games and proclaimed this fits my lifestyle much better as I can save them and continue whenever I find time, and not feel the pressure to play when I don't. And while the (base) game changing during Early Access was part of the deal, I was really happy when Klei started working on the DLC -- as I thought it would result in stable base game mechanics, big and small.

I can understand updating the backend which causes mods to break temporarily - and I can live without the mods, really - but could we just get the option to leave the base game mechanics as they are right now? I'd gladly give up oxygen masks and even other quality of life improvements if I could take my sweet time to finish my current playthorugh.

I honestly considered only running Steam in Offline mode to prevent the game from updating but alas that would make me give up my montly DST session with my mates :)

Edited by riwenna

It's not about mods for me, either - it's about being able to actually play the game at all that I purchased. 

The last 2 updates have broken the game for me in fundamental ways that meant I couldn't even launch it - one that required me to spend hours researching to see if anyone had any kind of hackaround (which I eventually found) and the most recent one has totally broken it without any apparent workaround. 

I genuinely get this is a game in development, and for the most part I love how you're approaching regular updates etc - but as a user of something I paid for I should have the right to either not accept an update or be able to roll it back if it breaks something. 

I, too, am seriously considering running Steam in offline mode now.. if I ever can get ONI to work again, that is. :(

Can you please consider not making updates enforceable or at very least toggliable?

Edited by Thunderdusk

2 minutes ago, Thunderdusk said:

It's not about mods for me, either - it's about being able to actually play the game at all that I purchased. 

The last 2 updates have broken the game for me in fundamental ways that meant I couldn't even launch it - one that required me to spend hours researching to see if anyone had any kind of hackaround (which I eventually found) and the most recent one has totally broken it without any apparent workaround. 

I genuinely get this is a game in development, and for the most part I love how you're approaching regular updates etc - but as a user of something I paid for I should have the right to either not accept an update or be able to roll it back if it breaks something. 

I, too, am seriously considering running Steam in offline mode now.. if I ever can get ONI to work again, that is. :(

Can you please consider not making updates enforceable or at very least toggliable?

if its not working then report a bug in bug section

4 minutes ago, Thunderdusk said:

Thanks - I did that a day ago - it's the reason I signed up to the forums. :)

10.13.0 mac update? but that is not a bug. that means you use outdated version, its same like you ask run this game in windows 98

19 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

10.13.0 mac update? but that is not a bug. that means you use outdated version, its same like you ask run this game in windows 98

Which it did perfectly fine before this update. As I said, I can't update my OS for a number of reasons so I'm stuck with it. 

My post in this forum was more about asking the devs to consider allowing some level of user-voice when it comes to updates being applied because, in my case, it now apparently means I'm without access to a game I had both really enjoyed and paid for, and would not have updated had I had the choice.

Edited by Thunderdusk

45 minutes ago, Thunderdusk said:

Which it did perfectly fine before this update. As I said, I can't update my OS for a number of reasons so I'm stuck with it. 

My post in this forum was more about asking the devs to consider allowing some level of user-voice when it comes to updates being applied because, in my case, it now apparently means I'm without access to a game I had both really enjoyed and paid for, and would not have updated had I had the choice.

it means no updates for you, im questing you still able run older version if you download that?

but i not get why you not want update to 10.13 as reading the info its much better than 10.12

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029880271-Oxygen-Not-Included-Minimum-System-Requirements

Edited by gabberworld

Soo what's going on? Mods keep updating as I launch the game every other day but I still can't enable anything (mod out of date). Is it because all the mods need to update to Harmony 2.0 aswell or am I doing something wrong on my end? I'm on the latest official release afaik and not the experimental daily releases or whenever they keep getting dropped.

Edit: Well it's the ex1513-469369-0 version...

Edited by Fipplaren