Just like home... if home was the shattered remains of a once-beautiful world

The new Orca Rocket Command Pod™ is now available to carry your duplicants to new worlds in perfect comfort.

Features

• Full washroom and toilet
  • Ultrasoftbrand bedding with luxurious 2000 thread count sheets
  • Spacious dining area and den with Sciencio soda fountain (for use with licensed plumbers only)
  • Fully automated waste gas exhaust/recycle system 
  • Exo suit storage area
  • High ceilings

Serious notes:
I wanted a way to keep high-skill duplicants from freaking out while colonizing the more distant planetoids.  This pod design gives a terrific +13 morale from rooms and decor alone, with another +5 from soda filled.  Add in decent food and you can easily keep your duplicant in the mid 20s or higher.  Mini-pump removes CO2.  You can fill the soda fountain if your dupe is a plumber.  If you don't want to bother, replace it with a water cooler instead :D

Rooms.jpg

Power.jpg

Water.jpg

Ducts.jpg

Cover.jpg

first_draft.jpg

Morale.jpg

I have noticed they don't wash sometimes, good point. Not the biggest deal though :D

Re: batteries, here's my design from my survival game, which I'm actually using with a radbolt engine.  It has a draw of 240, 4 solar panels is totally viable and one gas tank, the atmo suit wears out way before the oxygen runs out.  A high-skill dupe can chill out here and build a nice colony on the ice or fire or (god forbid) moo asteroid.

Edit: food is berry sludge so I don't have to chill it ;)

first_draft.jpg

yeah it's not a big deal, just annoying when trying to design in these tiny spaces.  I haven't worked out exactly what causes it, I can't even get them to wash 100% when force moving them to the right to hop over the dip.

I was hoping you'd found a way that worked :D

37 minutes ago, Lacero said:

yeah it's not a big deal, just annoying when trying to design in these tiny spaces.  :D

I think Klei just decided to give us a small space and a tiny space with the idea to just "let's see what the players can manage with that" ;-)

Just now, Gurgel said:

I think Klei just decided to give us a small space and a tiny space with the idea to just "let's see what the players can manage with that" ;-)

and it turns out we found a load of weird bugs, surprising no one ;) 

Something I'll never understand with a lot of these designs is the over use of air/mesh tiles and under use of carpet tiles.

10 hours ago, theFlyRoper said:

his pod design gives a terrific +13 morale from rooms and decor alone

Broken out that's +10 from room bonuses and +3 from decor.   That means there's another +9 morale that could be easily had from decor. 

One granite carpet tile is +26 decor over 4 tiles.   So given a floor of 9 granite carpet tiles, decor maxes out at +234 decor at the centre (+130 when standing on top a flat surface).  You could replace all but that 1 airflow tile under the bin at left (take out the one under the table and just put a ladder section above the table), and probably hit +120decor super easily.

10 hours ago, Brian.oni said:

Something I'll never understand with a lot of these designs is the over use of air/mesh tiles and under use of carpet tiles.

Broken out that's +10 from room bonuses and +3 from decor.   That means there's another +9 morale that could be easily had from decor. 

One granite carpet tile is +26 decor over 4 tiles.   So given a floor of 9 granite carpet tiles, decor maxes out at +234 decor at the centre (+130 when standing on top a flat surface).  You could replace all but that 1 airflow tile under the bin at left (take out the one under the table and just put a ladder section above the table), and probably hit +120decor super easily.

Took your feedback to heart and made this version, specifically targeting max decor.  I think the goal here would be to get high enough that your dupe can spend all day in 0 decor and still end up with at least +6 with  say 1/4 of the cycle as off time.

MK-II.jpg

Decor.jpg

6 hours ago, theFlyRoper said:

Took your feedback to heart and made this version, specifically targeting max decor.  I think the goal here would be to get high enough that your dupe can spend all day in 0 decor and still end up with at least +6 with  say 1/4 of the cycle as off time.

MK-II.jpg

Decor.jpg

You can probably still fit some pixel packs in the background. :)

11 hours ago, theFlyRoper said:

If you're considering living out of the rocket when first colonizing a new planet, it can also work as a failsafe especially as you a buddy bud in there.   If a dupe starts getting stressed you can always give them some time in bed and the increased decor + tickled footsies should go a long way to resetting their stress levels (could also temporarily replace the bed with a massage table).

One note, the solid tile under the table ma create a co2 trap on its right side,   You might be better off switching the air tile step with a carpet (co2 would quickly fall to either side anyways), and then putting the table on the floor.   If you build a ladder above the table dupes will still be able to climb up.

There is still space, you could change the bin in the middle to a conveyor loader and put a solid chute close to the gas vent for storage, get what you need to build into a pile, make the dupes sweep it and set the loader to sweep only and manual use, the negative decor can be taken care by a few pixel packs, its a bit slow to transport the materials but its infinite.

48 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

how did you do it? you cannot replace windows anymore

you dont need replace window as far i know , but i posted already in other thread , that i added reactor to inside and then let it blow up. that fill break the class

haven't broken out of a pod myself but two options.

1) running obsidian radbolt generators will eventually melt the steel components

2) super compressing a liquid against the window will likely break it. easiest way to super compress would be to dump hundreds of tons of ice next to the window, seal it off with airflow tiles then heat the pod up.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:13 AM, ZombieDupe said:

Has anyone considered building two travel pods for a single rocket? Can that even be done? If so, you could also include automated cooling, water sieving and may be even decontamination, all aboard the rocket.

Only one per rocket

Archived