i predict the next big update thing

today is a suneclipse but it was not a full black sun no it was only a bit from the uper side of it and this made me thinkin

you know how all this moon update and stuff? but what about the sun? yes a sun eclipse update thing to get revenge on the moon for bein so importand or what ever something about the sun gettin black like a reverse full moon

what you think?

Considering shadow comes from obstructed light, you might be onto something. 

But also remember that Constant moon is not actually a moon, since Maxwell referred to it in quotations and because it glows with it's own light. 

I think the moonstorm might be the most moon can currently influence the world. But that might change with progressing story.

There might just be more to come on the moon topic still, I mean, there is this that Sealed Portal in the Archive, why is this here ? I'd be a bit saddened if it's just standing in here forever.

that.png.373979f53ecd4e5f2389d93e33b59f6e.png

23 minutes ago, ADM said:

There might just be more to come on the moon topic still, I mean, there is this that Sealed Portal in the Archive, why is this here ? I'd be a bit saddened if it's just standing in here forever.

I think it's a safe assumption the Charlie was going for the portal in the last short. Also Wagstaff might be planing to power up some portal device with the mysterious energy.

27 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I think it's a safe assumption the Charlie was going for the portal in the last short. Also Wagstaff might be planing to power up some portal device with the mysterious energy.

maybe there were some ancient memes in there

1 hour ago, ADM said:

New event akin to Gorge and Forge maybe?

Just now, Dextops said:

so something like being trapped in a maze and if you don't escape in time xxxx happens? needs something more lore based and team work but it could work

yeah on secound thought it wouldnt have much replayability, but in terms of lore it could always be a temple belonging to an old civilization, and maybe thered be some hidden rooms with forbidden lore

I would love sun vs moon conflict. 

Though I hope the devs bring in the actual design of the timer into the promo. It's way more iconic than a typical blank circle.

6 hours ago, ADM said:

There might just be more to come on the moon topic still, I mean, there is this that Sealed Portal in the Archive, why is this here ? I'd be a bit saddened if it's just standing in here forever.that.png.373979f53ecd4e5f2389d93e33b59f6e.png

More simon says games? :wilson_laugh:

Next "big update" as in "A New Reign" and "Return of Them" macro-updates with new mechanics, biomes and the like?

Most likely will be centered around the probable fight of a Lunar-powered Wagstaff and Shadow-Queen Charlie. KLei might throw in that proverbial ring Ancient Bug People in some capacity and the dark One-Eyed eldritch horror entity from murals. Well, this at least from a lore pov. In-game, as actual content, don't believe we'll see any of aforementioned elements (maybe aside certain Bug People character and/or derived mobs/gear). But what I think will appear as game-content goes, will be akin Terraria's "Hard Mode": after the player-triggered macro-event of Celestial Champion's defeat, world will evolve to a certain extend and past forums' suggestions about progression, harder survival challenges, revised core-game mechanics and whatnot (community feedback) will finally come to pass via this supposed new "big update" KLei will work on, probably from 2022 onward.

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

after the player-triggered macro-event of Celestial Champion's defeat, world will evolve to a certain extend and past forums' suggestions about progression, harder survival challenges, revised core-game mechanics and whatnot (community feedback) will finally come to pass via this supposed new "big update" KLei will work on, probably from 2022 onward.

Sounds subjective. Can you give examples of challenges you'd like to see?

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Sounds subjective. Can you give examples of challenges you'd like to see?

What people (uncompromising-Survival enthusiasts) pointed in past, about "upping the stakes" for an evolved DST world that "feels alive" even after 1-3 in-game years: Pigmen begin to be more like Hamlet pigs, with farms, planting, making various structures, becoming aggressive if one takes their farm produce or hammers their homes etc and stop being baited forever via pens (likewise for Bunnymen), more seasonal variants and weather phenomenons, Sea weather with different waves, a lot more mobs - including sapient ones (here, in Gobbler's case, we could see the Perds from KLei sketches - hunchback mob similar to Pigs as design goes), all mobs get a HP extra-boost plus more attack patterns, true RNG regarding seasons and weather, and so on. Plants, critters, places, resources - a whole lot of them, anew and exciting. Also biomes accessible only in certain seasons maybe. There's a lot devs could do with such a macro-update, more focused on mandatory core-content rather than what "Return of Them" brought.

19 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

: Pigmen begin to be more like Hamlet pigs, with farms, planting, making various structures, becoming aggressive if one takes their farm produce or hammers their homes etc and stop being baited forever via pens (likewise for Bunnymen)

That sounds like a good goal for the devs in the future. Biome diversity and ai tweaking would be interesting experiments. I'd rather the devs have baby steps than do everything at once. Teach them for future updates. 579f03f158f62_wilsonshrug.png.1e89de7f1f4e3b8af270db495dae5b7f.png

Archived