Health Costing Recipes and Construction Amulets

For the few recipes that require Health to craft, the construction amulet does not mitigate the damage. I believe that the game would be more consistent if the construction amulet halved the damage taken along with halving the resource costs when crafting. For example equipping an amulet and crafting a Telltale Heart will reduce the grass cost from 3 to 2 but the health cost is still 40 as well as taking one of the construction amulets uses. In Wormwood's Living Log recipe, he loses the full 20 hp and still decreases the amulet's durability per use. I know that the durability loss is consistent with the rule that all recipes crafted while wearing a construction amulet will decrease the amulet's durability regardless of the whether or not the recipe is discounted, so I'm not arguing about that in regards to the wormwood recipe. Basically, even though using a construction amulet to mitigate health costs is an extremely niche and likely never used feature, I believe it would have better internal consistency for it to be discounted.

59 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

well then by that logic i sould get healed if i use the greenstaff on a livin wood to have an alternative healing source you know for the consistency

probably the worst example you couldve chosen lol

18 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Huh,  I didn't know that was possible.  

If you are wondering why this is possible, it’s because of Wormwood’s perk to “craft” a living log. While Wormwood is the only one who can do so, the recipe is considered “global” in terms of being a deconstruction target, allowing any character to deconstruct it.

Spider eggs are a decent example, as while only Webber can craft them anyone can also deconstruct them, netting you 12 silk, 6 glands, and 6 papyrus for each. It’s not practical, but it’s an option!

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

well then by that logic i sould get healed if i use the greenstaff on a livin wood to have an alternative healing source you know for the consistency

When you deconstruct an item it drops the crafting components on the ground. It drops the health on the ground. Health is not an item and as such can not be on the ground. Health is not dropped.

It's consistent.

13 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

I think it’s quite practical I deconstruct spider dens in my long term world whenever I need papyrus (albeit not often).

Fair enough! I mainly don’t see it as such since the alternative of gathering reeds is usually sufficient enough  (unless your world really hated you when it spawned reeds, which admittedly happened to me once). No real reason other then that, especially when you really don’t need anymore then 5-6 stored spider eggs at most.

Archived