bone soup doubt

13 minutes ago, SrJavigo said:

I don't understand why wurt can't eat the soup if technically doesn't have meat, she might not like it but I don't see why she couldn't eat it
What do you think?

Wurt does not condone the death of anything other than pigs, and eating things from them is off the table

7 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

Wurt does not condone the death of anything other than pigs, and eating things from them is off the table

She must simply dislike the taste of meat, she seems OK killing mobs as she comments with joy about mob parts that they drop when killed like the Koalefant Trunk or the Beefalo Horn.

Personally I think it's just bad for their biology rather than them just not liking it which likely lead to them hating meat while she can be tricked into consuming meat it doesn't mean she likes or should have it. Excuse me for being morbid for a second but you could feed a animal to another animal of the same species but it doesn't mean it would be good for them. Wurt likely avoids meat when she realizes it's there due to it not being good for her to consume it in the long run.

19 hours ago, SrJavigo said:

I don't understand why wurt can't eat the soup if technically doesn't have meat, she might not like it but I don't see why she couldn't eat it
What do you think?

If you really want to be technical, bones contain bone marrow that's mostly made of hematopoietic cells (pluripotent precursors for all blood cell types - at macro-scale it appears as a dark-red mush) - hence you can call bone marrow "low-density meat". Also actual bone tissue is mainly made out of osteocytes (arranged in a mineralized hexagonal prismatic matrix - that's why the hardness), specialized animal cells obviously, hence you can roughly look at it as "high-density meat".

Wurt is, lore-wise, presented as vegetarian, meaning she abstains from general consumption of meat, including eggs. Still, for balance sake and probably from a classic DS whimsical pov, she will eat mentioned Potato Soufflé maybe as a "if you don't know, is ok/out of sight out of mind" light implied joke (on same vein of bribing mobs to kill their own kin for meager rewards, perhaps also as social commentary/critique).

On 5/19/2021 at 2:58 AM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If you really want to be technical, bones contain bone marrow that's mostly made of hematopoietic cells (pluripotent precursors for all blood cell types - at macro-scale it appears as a dark-red mush) - hence you can call bone marrow "low-density meat". Also actual bone tissue is mainly made out of osteocytes (arranged in a mineralized hexagonal prismatic matrix - that's why the hardness), specialized animal cells obviously, hence you can roughly look at it as "high-density meat".

Wurt is, lore-wise, presented as vegetarian, meaning she abstains from general consumption of meat, including eggs. Still, for balance sake and probably from a classic DS whimsical pov, she will eat mentioned Potato Soufflé maybe as a "if you don't know, is ok/out of sight out of mind" light implied joke (on same vein of bribing mobs to kill their own kin for meager rewards, perhaps also as social commentary/critique).

tldr:bone is bone which is meat and wurt can't eat meat

On 5/18/2021 at 11:38 PM, SrJavigo said:

another thing I don't understand is that wurt can't eat eggs but she can eat potato soufflé (which has egg)

Wurt has no problem eating stuff that had eggs in their making. She can similarly eat other vegetarian dishes that require eggs like Waffles, or any recipe that you can use eggs in it's making like Ratatouille and Fist Full of Jam. She just doesn't eat eggs directly, that is not very herbivore. As they say dishes are different from sum of their parts though so using eggs won't spoil the food for Wurt.

5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Wurt has no problem eating stuff that had eggs in it's making. She can similarly eat other vegetarian dishes that require eggs like Waffles, or any recipe that you can use eggs in it's making like Ratatouille and Fist Full of Jam. She just doesn't eat eggs directly, that is not very herbivore. As they say dishes are different from sum of their parts though so using eggs won't spoil the food for Wurt.

I mean to be fair you can trick both humans and animals into eating harmful things to them be they foods they shouldn't eat or poison wurt is no exception really.

Archived