A use for Pomegranates.

So... out of all the crops in the game Pomegranates have been feeling a little out, all the others have unique crafting or crockpot recipes, while pomegranite has been sitting in the corner, alone, and boring.

So I have an idea that'll make pomegranates 10x as fun!

-=-=-=-

Bombegranates! (Or Pomegrenades.)

yea.png.535dfa65a9b0c80177dd4f0b6eda1853.png

-=-=-=-

These explosive bomb-shaped fruit-sized packs of fun would bring the Coconade experience to DST, and give a (somewhat) legitimate reason to seek Pomegranate farming compared to other crops. While having less damage then Gunpowder, they would make up for that in their instant detonation on contact and higher spammability! It would also explode stone fruit and marble shrubs, making farming those materials infinitely easier, without the hassle of gunpowder. These item would alleviate pomegranate from the most useless plant, to a miner, AOE'r, kabloeey, and like 2 other possibilities! Explosions! (These could be abused for griefing but the effort required to get these compared to the effectiveness of a torch makes that... not very likely.) Essentially, these provide a new tool for people in the mid to late game to mess around with, and may open up new ways to deal with farming and fighting. Also the name is very punny. Explosions.

-=-=-=-
Crafting... or Something...

image.png.4a305d435771047fea7cf0c612f720eb.pngx2image.png.1503f58836aa710c8a4b469e0ceed4e0.pngx2image.png.4df44e7fef27fe60ebd2a065ef8b4a02.pngx1 = pomegrae.png.9f03c013a70f1950cf10268d21271399.pngx2

-=-=-=-

Dammit! I came her to make a Pomegrenade joke, but it appears I was too late...

Though my idea for a Pomegrenade was markedly different: instead of damaging and destroying stuff, they would create a red "spore cloud" that would heal any players in it over time.

6 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

I support just because idea probably came from PvZ 2

There's a Pomegranate in PVZ? There are too many plants in that game for my boy age brain...

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

Dammit! I came her to make a Pomegrenade joke, but it appears I was too late...

Though my idea for a Pomegrenade was markedly different: instead of damaging and destroying stuff, they would create a red "spore cloud" that would heal any players in it over time.

That's also a good idea, but, like... explosions...~

1854467462_CropTierList.png.7f382348ff9cb49659218482db87bb9d.pngYes, please! This is a wonderful suggestion that'd immensely contribute to the obscure position pomegranates are in right now, as they are the only crops with no absolutely no specific usage , beyond being demanding and fast spoiling. (except being Wortox' favorite, which is even more Ashura.jpg.d9b8061c4de0e5ab8b690687133e4d3c.jpgironic for giving him less than 5 more hunger). I often bring up my "Ashura" suggestion as a pomegranate dish that can be added but besides any crock pot recipe this'd be such a unique, great and fitting way to use them.

And beyond that, the concept of a handmade grenade-type ranged weapon is really good. They can be thrown like seadshells. And tying that to a rather obscure, rare and demanding farm crop would be the perfect balancing. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.

i thought poms could also be used in a recipe that reverses/cancels the sanity drain from caves for a long time. In reference to persephone eating a pom seed in the underworld 

pom-grenade is also obviously a very fitting idea :D 

Very nice idea but Klei wont do it because it has the potential to break the game and cheese most of the bosses. Pomegranates have their uses in wortox and fruit based recipes like glowberry mousse, fruit medly, fresh fruit crepes (lol). 

I do see pomegranades being used in boats as a blunderbuss cannon, even with crab king, it shouldn't be out of range of claws and seaweeds. Would provide a way to kill rockjaws and gnarwails from a distance.

Also, as a reminder. Some other crops are also pretty useless - eggplant, durian

it would be a late game usefull item, that somehow would totally fit the game

both for the pun and how the mechanic is already in-game (shipwrecked)

cheessing bosses is already a thing, bunny, bees, and so on... i'm totally in

Archived