Help! My base burn when I go down to the cave!!

Guys please help me,
At the summer season I go down to the cave as usual and never go up. But when the summer is done and Autumn has come i came back and my base is burn all of it! Any suggestion? such as how to roll back i season or any idea please help i spent a lot of time to play it!

Are you playing with other people online by chance? It could be possible that smoldering took place because someone was near the area regardless of whether you were in the caves or not.

But if you were playing alone then be sure to tell me your secret to keeping areas loaded while you're away / in another shard, I would love to use that in a bunch of stuff. :cool:

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

How cool was this base where you want to lose 2 hours of progress to get it back?

Well, there are more things to burn that structures and we dont know what that guy had. Like stuff in the chests, where could be 8hr of wood chopping, or 40 pigskins, collection of or whatever is burnable and valuable. 

One valid, on-topic and serious suggestion would be to use, at least for structures, the console command that repairs burnt objects. Sadly I for one don't know it, but here's the best-next thing which might be useful to you (if playing on PC): the Admin Scoreboard+ mod. With it you, OP, can do plenty stuff, including, quote "Repair Nearby Burnt: Rebuilds nearby burnt structures from the target player. If the structure was skinned, the target player must own the skin or the default prefab will spawn". (Perhaps some other forumer will give you the precise console command for mentioned repairment of burned builds in following comments.)

As for loot, you can just give yourself what you lost, once more, via console commands. Here you can find all major DST gear/objects and their prefabs: Wikia DST Items. Cheers, and be more careful next time, since stuff can burn off-screen and if already starting to burn, going on Caves shard will instantly morph burning object into its burnt form.

If you were playing alone this shouldn't have happened at all, i spent my entire first summer in caves and ruins and my base was fine. Always build ice flingo just in case. Even the bird in the cage didn't starve to death for some reason and my tomato crops didn't rot (dunno maybe a bug). But if you're nowhere near your base (more than 2 screens away) even in the overworld nothing ever will smolder and burn

What probably happened is smoldering started offscreen when you were leaving your base, you didn't notice it for obvious reason, but area was still loaded for a while so fire had time to spread significantly. Sadly even if you had flingomatic, this could happen: once flingomatic is unloaded, it can't extinguish fires as far as I know, and part of your base which is still loaded is in danger.

To prevent this without disabling wildfires (which you can do now in already existing world) you can check base at dusk/night to make sure that everything is ok and unload area before next day starts (go into caves as an example). Were you leaving base at day? Also sandstorm protects the area only if you are inside it, so things can start to smolder in the area where sandstorm is active if YOU are not affected by sandstorm and area is loaded (standing on the boat near the edge of oasis desert, for example, in that case everything that is closer to you than (roughly) 2 screens of distance is in danger even if it's located inside oasis desert).

Archived