How do you solo the moonstorm event

7 minutes ago, Truffle said:

Maybe it's because I'm dumb but it seems hard to solo this thing with birds attacking everywhere and trying to figure out which piece is which. Any tips or am I just dumb 

For me, over time I just kind of learned what the tools were.

The main things I used was night armor (the constant insanity aura and strong damage protection works wonders), the potato glass hat thingamajig whatever it is, and the walking cane. I could run around and slap the birds when they spawned, and would keep enough spots in my inventory to hold the tools, and over enough time, I knew exactly what it was he was asking for, so I could just hand it to him. The walking cane should be enough damage to 1-hit the birds, so its really just a free speed boost to use it. I hear beefalo can make it even easier, and Abigail is probably a beast in it, come to think of it...

My main issues are if he picks a crowded area (like the middle of a frickin forest) so its hard to see the tools/birds. That and the amount of times you have to do it. For me it seemed easiest in big open areas like the savanna/grassy biomes, but for a while I had no choice since it was eating my base

You're not dumb, I'd say just give it a few more sporting shots and pray he picks a good spot for you to do it in. You got this!

12 minutes ago, Auth said:

For me, over time I just kind of learned what the tools were.

The main things I used was night armor (the constant insanity aura and strong damage protection works wonders), the potato glass hat thingamajig whatever it is, and the walking cane. I could run around and slap the birds when they spawned, and would keep enough spots in my inventory to hold the tools, and over enough time, I knew exactly what it was he was asking for, so I could just hand it to him. The walking cane should be enough damage to 1-hit the birds, so its really just a free speed boost to use it. I hear beefalo can make it even easier, and Abigail is probably a beast in it, come to think of it...

My main issues are if he picks a crowded area (like the middle of a frickin forest) so its hard to see the tools/birds. That and the amount of times you have to do it. For me it seemed easiest in big open areas like the savanna/grassy biomes, but for a while I had no choice since it was eating my base

You're not dumb, I'd say just give it a few more sporting shots and pray he picks a good spot for you to do it in. You got this!

Thx. I'm currently waiting for the storm to move because I realized doing it in a forest was near to impossible. I will however try night armor 

My advice is not to get impatient. You don't have a time limit to do the event, take your time. Always prioritise birds over giving Wagstaff tools. Prioritise ranged attack birds if you can. And as others said, you will learn which tool is which - there are only five of them, so it won't take long.

And of course if Wagstaff decides to do his thing in a very bad spot (frogs, spiders, anything that will make your job any difficult) then just destroy his machine and go find him again.

1. Abigail (if you are Wendy)
  2. Bramble Husk and/or Bramble Traps (if you are Wormwood)
  3. Seed Shells
  4. Bunnymen as others already mentioned

Personally, either I go with a Bramble Husk / Bone Armor combo (you don't want the Bramble Husk to proc next to the Static) or I use Seed Shells to clear birds that are clustered close together and just whack the leftovers with my cane.

1) Have 5~6 empty inventory space ready to pick up the tools.

2) Spam Glommer's Goop for easy HP

3) I am sure remember the tools names help. That said I just randomly pass tools to the dude. Works for me.

4) For low health character, consider wearing armor/rain coat.

5) Just kill the birds with walking cane as they show up.

actualy 1 secret thing is about the tools is that winona actualoy knows the names of the tools so if you play winona you can see the names of the tools alsol walkin cane is all it needs to kill birds if its in a big forest well you may want to wait undill its somewhere else alsol best is to use some body armour so the birds cant realy kill you best to use is shadow armor because of insanity goin to help whit in the moonstorm so gestalts dont anoy you alsol most creatures hate the birds on there own so you could get help from pigs or what ever

5 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

actualy 1 secret thing is about the tools is that winona actualoy knows the names of the tools so if you play winona you can see the names of the tools alsol walkin cane is all it needs to kill birds if its in a big forest well you may want to wait undill its somewhere else alsol best is to use some body armour so the birds cant realy kill you best to use is shadow armor because of insanity goin to help whit in the moonstorm so gestalts dont anoy you alsol most creatures hate the birds on there own so you could get help from pigs or what ever

wait about the first part so winona is even more of a pick and switch? like switch to her during moonstorms complete it and switch back 

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

wait about the first part so winona is even more of a pick and switch? like switch to her during moonstorms complete it and switch back 

well i soupose so i mean at least she has now a bit more use then just building the gemerator and 6 catapults she will actualy take part of some more actions

Archived