What are your true thoughts for RoT???

What are your thoughts of RoT?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts of the story arc?

2. 2. What are your thoughts of the content of RoT?

3. 3. If you were developer at Klei Entertainment, what would you change about the story arc?

4. 4. Do you think RoT was necessary to the game?

5. 5. Okay, last question. Rate RoT through 1 - 10

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ended far too soon.. and left many questions unanswered, but hopefully future updates address all that even if those updates are no longer part of Return of Them.

i say this a lot RoT seems to be the base just the base it gave questions and a big cliffhanger so that the next chapter has a lot of material to space out i'm glad they didn't shove lore and lore and lore with not much good content added so maybe the next chapter can balance it in the lores favor everything about RoT seems to just be a base for whats to come

Loved most of the content and bosses, used a lot of the new items and explored a lot of the ocean, and there weren't many updates I wasn't excited for in some way. My only problem is with where the story is being left, as it seems like an odd place to end things. I know they'll continue the overall story in the future, but it doesn't seem like there was a big concluding moment to the chapter. Trailer-wise, the fact that "they" have returned via the big eye in the moon makes sense, but as far as gameplay goes, I wouldn't say there is a point in-game that feels like a satisfying story conclusion. The battle and defeat of the celestial champion doesn't have the same story impact as fuelweaver did, and I feel like it should have had a little more "mmph" to it. Overall, though? 8/10 for sure.

Reap what you Sow apparently isnt a part of RoT, so RoT is a solid 2 out of 10 for me.

So much unfinished and undercooked content, Lunar crafting tab got nothing interesting after its initial addition, and its crafts are hardly worth it, Malbatross fight is unenjoyable and its rewards are awful, Crab Kings fight is unenjoyable and its rewards are awful, the Archives dont contain any content of much value, sailing is still slow and theres not much in the water.

We know just as much about Charlies plan as we did nearly 4 years ago, shes got a plan... and, Wagstaff has... a plan? We know the moon is alive but people were predicting that over a year ago, and we didnt learn anything new. Yes, indeed, its alive, but thats all we really know.

Every single update people said "Just wait next patch, ___ will be improved! Just wait until RoT is finished before judging it!"

Well, now its over, and most of its content is just as bad as it was added.

9 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

What's up with you and Wag being a playable character???

Well he's the only character I play in Don't Starve.  Ever since he was added to single player I've exclusively played him.  I haven't played anyone else on serious playthrough worlds.  He is my main so I'm deadset on him being added as a playable character to DST.  

Out of everything in RoT, the only thing I deem necessary is infinite light. Sure everything else is nice, but I'm a person who values equipment a lot, and most of the stuff we got was just pleasentries, like kelp, stone fruit, and salt, to name a few. Before RoT, Klei were going to do a series called "Through the Ages", which I heard was going to expand DST's lategame more. Not to mention, the vast majority of people won't ever fight the champion, or the crab king.

Just now, LinknAllie said:

Considering he's the only character I play in Don't Starve.  Ever since he was added to single player I've exclusively played him.  I haven't played anyone else on serious playthrough worlds.  He is my main so I'm deadset on him being added as a playable character to DST. 

ah, I see... The only reason I don't want Wagstaff in the game is because I rarely play him, but honestly he's pretty cool.

The only characters I main are Wolfgang, Wendy, Wortox, and Webber

3 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

ah, I see... The only reason I don't want Wagstaff in the game is because I rarely play him, but honestly he's pretty cool.

The only characters I main are Wolfgang, Wendy, Wortox, and Webber

Since he isn't in the game I main Woodie and Warly.

21 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Well he's the only character I play in Don't Starve.  Ever since he was added to single player I've exclusively played him.  I haven't played anyone else on serious playthrough worlds.  He is my main so I'm deadset on him being added as a playable character to DST.  

his inclusion would ruin the whole point of winona

3 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

How so?  His buildings are completely different from winona and most of his crafting tab are for his glasses.

the invention part of him is kinda like winona due to the fact they both have inventions that serve uses which is winona's archetype in dst and would just entirely outclass winona and seen from how winona went wagstaff would also just be a pick and switch character

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

the invention part of him is kinda like winona due to the fact they both have inventions that serve uses which is winona's archetype in dst and would just entirely outclass winona and seen from how winona went wagstaff would also just be a pick and switch character

It really just depends on how they build him.
I'm sure some people didn't like how Maxwell has magic relates perks like Wickerbottom, but they're completely different overall, and I think the same sort of way for Wagstaff.

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

I’m going to assume you’ve never actually played as Wagstaff, majority of his crafts are for his own eye goggles which can NOT be used by anyone else, Wagstaff spectacles are his seeing glasses and without them on the world around him appears blurry and things have funny texts that say they are one thing when they are not (like for example a flint might be called Palm Tree) 

Wagstaff and Winona both have room to co-exist, Winona is pick and swap where as Wagstaff crafts effect him and him alone.

Klei could EASILY fix Winona if they made it so that all her crafts were like a Missile Silo, and when Winona is not in the server they retract down inside their ground bunker and can’t be taken advantage of by non-Winona’s but sadly I feel like they WANT her to be this pick and swap character who’s crafts you build then play as literally anyone else.

7 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Then why did they add Wigfrid?  She's way to similar to Wolfgang,  she takes away from his combat related perks.  Along what Gillacactus said about Maxwell and Wickerbottom being similar.  And if they rework him he isn't really pick and switch,  along with that aren't a lot of the characters pick and switch if they have an item they can craft?

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m going to assume you’ve never actually played as Wagstaff, majority of his crafts are for his own eye goggles which can NOT be used by anyone else, Wagstaff spectacles are his seeing glasses and without them on the world around him appears blurry and things have funny texts that say they are one thing when they are not (like for example a flint might be called Palm Tree) 

though ive never played him i know things about him the goggles thing may seem like its making him a not pick and switch character but those goggles except for a few either have alternatives or are only useful to wagstaff himself and his inventions if they made it so they are only able to be used by him then he isn't really a team character and if they did people would place telipad teleumbrella and antlion loot becomes useless wagstaff is kinda more trouble than hes worth

1 minute ago, LinknAllie said:

Then why did they add Wigfrid?  She's way to similar to Wolfgang,  she takes away from his combat related perks.  Along what Gillacactus said about Maxwell and Wickerbottom being similar.  And if they rework him he isn't really pick and switch,  along with that aren't a lot of the characters pick and switch if they have an item they can craft?

because they work very differently because combat can be changed but just making inventions placing them down can't and wigfrid has craftables that help her become a team character and she has an only meat diet she isn't as much of a pick and witch character because you will have to go back to her same goes with why wurt isn't a pick and switch character since you will need to change back to her eventually except with winona and if they added wagstaff as he is now you never need to switch back since any character can use the generator and use the catapults ect ect

I’m officially confused at this point, Aight so in real life I have to wear glasses to see things that are further then I couple feet away from my face. Without these glasses on my vision is as bad as Wagstaff to see far off items.

However... If I give my glasses to a family member who’s eye sight isn’t messed up like mine then it has the Opposite effect on them, instead of helping them see... it makes it harder for them to see.

In this regard, Wagstaff’s eyeglasses could only benefit Wagstaff- Which since you’ve never played him the majority of his craftables are direct upgrades to his eyeglasses.

Now as far as being a Team Player or making Teleport staff pointless that’s not really up to me to decide..

Did Wortox having teleporting powers make teleport staffs useless? I believe the answer in most these cases is no.

Now how could Wagstaff be made useful in a team based game? Don’t know.. not my problem to solve- but I would start by giving him cool stuff to do.

If you want my personal opinion Wheeler’s Navigadget is the most noob friendly toy of all time, this thing would MASSIVELY help new players find all sorts of resources by having a nice little on screen arrow pointing them in the direction of what they are hunting- So then why hasn’t Wheeler been added to the game yet? Or at the very least the Navigadget?

I believe there’s a good chance we will have all the characters in the game someday.. 

For those of you keeping count- Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler & Wilba.

(not counting Wagstaff because he’s already there doing something...)

I would pay Klei good money to have the entire roster of characters as playable.. I really want Walani but I would have a blast playing each character in DST with friends.

4 minutes ago, Dextops said:

because they work very differently

because you will have to go back to her same goes with why wurt isn't a pick and switch character since you will need to change back to her eventually

Oh the characters are very different?  So are Wagstaff and Winona.  Along with that you do need to switch back to Wagstaff eventually for more telebrellas.  

Archived