I don't think the third phase of the new boss is very enjoyable.

Now I'm not super well versed in the exact mechanics of how this new boss works, I will admit. So it is possible that I am overlooking an aspect of it. But from what I have experienced doing this fight as wurt with a wigfrid player, it's legitimately the worst boss in that phase I've ever fought in this game. Not only do almost invisible particle effects constantly put you to sleep, but even after waking up, you still get slowed down. At first I thought it related to high lunacy, but it happens even when I've been chugging glommer goop and sitting at like 20 lunacy of 200. 

Probably the worst aspect of it is that the attack that flings gestalts everywhere doesn't seem to stop until you go to sleep, or it lasts for an extremely long time, as I was avoiding the attack for a good 10 seconds or so and he just kept the same attack going the whole time until he put me to sleep.

Perhaps the idea of it was to make people use mushy cake, but that's not an option for my friend, or any other wigfrid players...

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Not only do almost invisible particle effects constantly put you to sleep, but even after waking up, you still get slowed down

You see, I was confused about this because the only thing that would do something like that is the crystals that the champion spawns, which is confirmed by the wiki. Basically you have to destroy them, or face the concequences of the aura they output, meaning you have to either fight around them, have the guardian destroy them, or destroy themselves. Annoying, but certainly not invisible. 

Probably the worst aspect of it is that the attack that flings gestalts everywhere doesn't seem to stop until you go to sleep, or it lasts for an extremely long time, as I was avoiding the attack for a good 10 seconds or so and he just kept the same attack going the whole time until he put me to sleep.

The attack in question is indeed an odd one. It lasts for an apparent 30 seconds in total or until the player falls asleep, or they just just move out of the circle. While you could look like a badass dodging all the Gesalts for 30 secs. the more practical solution is just to get out of the circle ASAP. The range of the attack is indicated by purple whisp-ish things.

Perhaps the idea of it was to make people use mushy cake, but that's not an option for my friend, or any other wigfrid players

As already said, she can eat Mushcake! The reason why is because it's labeled as a "Goodies" food, which Wigfrid accepts as fit for consumption. This also means that they can eat Volt Goat Gelatin, Taffy, and Jellybeans.

Those crystals can be destroyed by the champion itself using its lasers. Weather pain may also be useful here if you aren't aware. The fight isn't that tedious; if you've practiced during the beta it won't be hard.

To add to that, the lasers increase your lunacy by 10 (or 11, I dunno) per hit regardless of taking damage or not.
For example, bone armor would block the initial damage but NOT the lunacy gain.

And those Enlightened snares, they also do increase lunacy. If you get hit by their energies.
This boss is just reverse AFW, but worse since you can't reverse lunacy gain into loss, unlike using the BQcrown against AFW.

26 minutes ago, Baguettes said:

Those crystals can be destroyed by the champion itself using its lasers. Weather pain may also be useful here if you aren't aware. The fight isn't that tedious; if you've practiced during the beta it won't be hard.

To add to that, the lasers increase your lunacy by 10 (or 11, I dunno) per hit regardless of taking damage or not.
For example, bone armor would block the initial damage but NOT the lunacy gain.

And those Enlightened snares, they also do increase lunacy. If you get hit by their energies.
This boss is just reverse AFW, but worse since you can't reverse lunacy gain into loss, unlike using the BQcrown against AFW.

Worse in that sense, but I still think the fight is easier than AFW.

What makes FW such a hard boss is the pace of the fight and the fact that you have no way to retreat to heal or regain stats or just chill for a second, I mean if you do so he's back to full hp and it's like starting over. While CC, while being much more tanky and having many type of attacks you have to get used to, you can just move away from him in later stages and regroup. In fact the fight seems to be best handled if you constantly back out to cancel some of his attacks. Darts seem to be a pretty good option for the final stage too.

Honestly, I think I'll just farm up 4 stacks of gunpowder for the final stage, I have no interest in removing all those crystals, that just gives me flashbacks to misery toadstool. Thanks for the pointers though.

You don't  have to remove all of the crystals, only the ones that directly on top or in front of the guardian.

I recently soloed the boss as Wig and I opted for rotten Taffy to keep sanity low throughout the fight. Sounds a little silly, but it works. I guess any rotten food she can eat would work, but I chose Taffy both because the consumption animation is fast and because I have a lot of bee boxes. I personally didn't know she could eat Mushy Cake, but I think I'd still prefer to keep sanity low.

7 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

attack that flings gestalts everywhere doesn't seem to stop until you go to sleep

you have to get out of its range when it does that, that's how it keeps its distance from you and you can easily get out of the radius indicated by a faint blue sphere. 

Also if you're struggling to meaningfully hit it while navigating through its sleep crystals, try tail o' three cats next time, it works surprisingly well as you can keep hitting it at a safe distance both from its cryistals' range and its melee attacks. When it starts the gestalt spraying just run away from its attack range and the attack will stop. Try to avoid its next laser attack, go back to whipping distance and commence whipping. Dark sword/glass cutter is mostly safe when it's sending out new crystals.

3 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

You actually don't want to remove all the crystals because if it has fewer than five it'll just summon more. Just bait it into lasering the ones in the center and start attacking.

In my game, it just stay there for the most part. The boss will only move when it gets hit, like a pig would dodge player's attack. Worst is he can be floating on the water and just stay there forever. I've tried hitting it with blow dart but it just won't get any closer or come back to the land.

Actually you do not need any mush cakes.Partical attack is divided into two types while third phase.One is common attack while ur sanity is high enough.The other is that Celestial Champion summons partical,which has a CD nearly the same as Crystal Summoning.If u notice blue partical  around the circle,u must go beyond the blue boundary and then the partical attack is over.U have 2 to 3seconds to take correct action.By the way,crystals can be destroyed by Celestial Champion himself,you can stand still until laser attack.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, BeeClops said:

While CC, while being much more tanky and having many type of attacks you have to get used to, you can just move away from him in later stages and regroup.

hey bro, i dont know if your idea is good. As far as i know, CC will restore his HP and increase his upper limit of HP. i found it can be 22500 HP when unload for about 2 days(about 16 miunte). I cofirmed this by checking its code. so you must not let CC beyond your view.

Archived