Do we need an indicator for those in the caves?

3 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

I feel like it does have a good use. Especially if you are in the caves during summer and making sure someone is not above ground accidently causing fire spread.

So, what, you're gonna kick people because they're on the surface and you're just assuming that therefore they're causing fire spread because they couldn't possibly know how to deal with fire?

3 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Also just why not?

So you can't kick people just because they're on the surface. There's another reason why not.

16 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

So, what, you're gonna kick people because they're on the surface and you're just assuming that therefore they're causing fire spread because they couldn't possibly know how to deal with fire?

So you can't kick people just because they're on the surface. There's another reason why not.

Nope I never kick people from the game

25 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Eu sinto que ele tem um bom uso. Especialmente se você estiver nas cavernas durante o verão e certificando-se de que ninguém está acima do solo, causando acidentalmente a propagação do fogo. E também porque não? 

Buddy, do you only play with newbies? Who will stay on the surface in the summer without being in the oasis desert? You have not yet understood that this resource you are looking for is useless, in a way it already exists in the game, it is called communication. It is not possible that everyone who plays with you does not communicate as little as possible to say: I am going to the caves, I am going to the island, lunar, I am going to leave the server and go back to jump my wave of dogs.

10 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Nope I never kick people from the game

Then what purpose is there to know when someone is potentially causing fires? Just so you can be mad that they're doing it, or what?

18 minutes ago, clickrush said:

So did you test the compass?

I did not yet but I will!

14 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Then what purpose is there to know when someone is potentially causing fires? Just so you can be mad that they're doing it, or what?

Just thought it was a cool idea :) If you knew me you would understand I do not get mad playing DST its a very chill game. 

21 minutes ago, Tarciso said:

Buddy, do you only play with newbies? Who will stay on the surface in the summer without being in the oasis desert? You have not yet understood that this resource you are looking for is useless, in a way it already exists in the game, it is called communication. It is not possible that everyone who plays with you does not communicate as little as possible to say: I am going to the caves, I am going to the island, lunar, I am going to leave the server and go back to jump my wave of dogs.

Please keep this conversation light no need to get all heated. 

4 horas atrás, AllFunNGamez disse:

Por favor, mantenha esta conversa leve, não há necessidade de aquecer tudo. 

Contra os fatos não há argumentos. Estou tentando fazer você entender que sua ideia não é boa e o jogo não precisa dela.

37 minutes ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

A poll might be good here.

What would be better would be a single reason given to include it other than "Why not?". A single purpose this could possibly ever serve, one situation which this would realistically ever help anyone other than griefers.

I'm still surprised by the insane amount of angry pushback even the tiniest suggestions get on these boards.

Personally I'd like an indicator just to know what's going on with folk. Maybe I could ask them to bring xyz or if they need me to bring something, or I could just want to know what they're up to down there.

If the problem with this miniscule QoL feature is that it would aid griefers, then maybe the servers need some actual antigrief. It seems dystopian to be terrorised in such a way by potential griefers, like they're some sort of unstoppable robber barron preying on the server.

1 hour ago, TheJazMaster said:

If the problem with this miniscule QoL feature is that it would aid griefers, then maybe the servers need some actual antigrief. It seems dystopian to be terrorised in such a way by potential griefers, like they're some sort of unstoppable robber barron preying on the server.

The idea itself is kinda antisocial. You want to know where people are, but don't want to talk to them? The only time I ever wanted that feature was when I was looking for players to kill.

Yes, exactly. If you are communicating with other players it immediately becomes redundant and if you are not interacting with other players in the first place there is no real reason for knowing about their locations. It doesn't make any sense, nor would contribute to anything intelligent.

55 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

bruh if u really wondering but hate to ask.... just check everyone gear during day time if they use anykind of light source probably in cave lmao 

I never said I hate to ask. I just thought it was a good idea. I suppose the greater majority of reasoning behind hating the idea is literally "Griefers" other than that there really is no negative reason why this should not be a thing.

3 hours ago, TheJazMaster said:

I'm still surprised by the insane amount of angry pushback even the tiniest suggestions get on these boards.

Personally I'd like an indicator just to know what's going on with folk. Maybe I could ask them to bring xyz or if they need me to bring something, or I could just want to know what they're up to down there.

I am concerned that every response that rejects this idea involves the word "Griefer" in it. I am sorta wondering if the public servers have tainted certain mechanics that could be added just for a simple indicator. 

I am going to finish with one last point and then I am done because honestly nobody has told me a real reason why they do not enjoy this idea other than it would promote griefing which still is not valid because knowing if someone is in the caves or overworld does not tell them their exact location and if you are that worried about someone finding your base on a server you must be on that server 24/7 or you do not stand a chance of protecting it.

Lets put a easy comparison behind this a few months back Klei added the ability to view set pieces on the maps when you found them before that they were never visible on the map. So lets stop there did everyone freak out and go OMG GRIEFERS ARE GOING TO TAKE THOSE AND RUN WITH THEM AND HIDE THEM OMG! No nobody said nothing.

I am not always in Voice Chat with my friends when we are in game sometimes they are eating sometimes they just do not feel like talking. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to communicate with people I honestly feel half the people in this thread have commented on it with a sole belief of THIS FEATURE SUCKS instead of asking themselves the true reason why they disagree with it. 

Saying it serves no value does not make an idea invalid instead it furthers the question of hey maybe its not a bad idea after all. Also coming into a thread and immediately calling me "buddy or bruh" is no a way to start a conversation. I personally think the forums have found their way into this negative situation where as soon as someone brings up an idea people immediately try to respond with a comment that is going to get them the most upvotes in order to make themselves seem funnier or just get a reaction.

So lets start this one last time. I am in the overworld we just agreed we are all going to go to the ruins the next day together, morning hits in DST and I ask in chat hey guys you in the caves? Nobody responds maybe because they are busy maybe because they are not reading chat. Instead I see oh they are loading into the caves (LETS STOP HERE) For those of you who are so worried about this you can notice if someone is entering or exiting the caves by seeing if the loading symbol is next to their name so why not complain about that as well? 

So now I notice hey they are in the caves I gather my gear immediately go down and get ready to go to the ruins together. I get down there and without them having to say a single word I am next to them in the caves. It saves time and once again if you are worried that griefers will follow you I honestly think you have bigger problems on your hands.

I have not heard any valid reasons or any constructive criticism behind not wanting this other than being scared of griefers. Yet instead of saying yeah well I play with griefers so I hate this idea but if I were to play with people who respect the game maybe this could be a decent feature. The only negative responses I am getting seem to revolve around griefing.

I made a post about Meatballs in DST and that actually had valid reasons and I respected that but at this rate I have yet to hear an actual good reason why this would be a bad idea. 

One last thing if you are experiencing griefing that much I invite you to come play with me and friends because I think its time you experience a world away from worrying if your base is going to be destroyed or not. 

4 hours ago, TheJazMaster said:

I think you are projecting your anger onto others. Why should Klei come up with the literally impossible task of stopping griefers just so they can add a useless feature that doesn't do anything? 

well i was recendly in a pup game and it got to summer then i looked at the others if they may be in caves at viewplayer i see they have lanterns durin day so quick i prepare to go to the caves and because they alsol had some time usin hambats and armor i knew they could only be in the ruins so i try look for that and i had to go for 1 second and i come back see they both died ask why there dead they say from anchint guardian and i tell them that im alredy at the monkey place and they were sourprised and then got to the place they died killed a stuck guardian revive them because i knew bringin glands was a good idea and then raided the rest of ruins

end of story meaning "loook at "view player" in the "scoreboard" to see if there are in cave"

7 hours ago, TheJazMaster said:

Here's the thing: there are people that don't want you to know "what's going on with folk". Maybe you could ask them and no one would respond - a "normal" reaction in public un-moderated servers for a myriad of reasons. Perhaps they don't need you to bring anything since they are.. dead, dying, or.. smashing Ruins literally and figuratively. Or you could just not "know what they're up to down there" since they value their privacy of doing whatever they want to in a pub in solo manner for the fun of being in the madness of a pub. Or they are 2-3 friends on an adventure and you aren't one of them, but just some random that - most likely as it happens in pubs so-so often - will die to Darkness, Spiders, insanity monsters, or some random Catcoon. By far vast majority of people asking "what should I be, where are you, where is base" in pubs are solely dead-weight prone to either leech your base or cause some disaster if not outright griefing. If you're unfamiliar with all mentioned in this comment, go play KLei Official public servers or any other of the un-moderated pubs out there. And be surprised (and no, lube is not included ;)).

3 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

..."Griefers" other than that there really is no negative reason why this should not be a thing.

Sure there is: aside griefers, it keeps to minimum the useless pub chat like "what's going on with folk", "I wanna know what you guys are up to down there", "can I come to you, pick me up at gate", "what you need, I can bring, wait a bit" etc from people that most likely will die from basic reasons even if you help them. I still remember a certain Wickerbottom trying to rush Caves with only but Torches after asking right-our-of-gate "where are you", to which I solely for-the-politeness-of-it answered "in Caves, Ruins": she died 3 times to Night Grue, then started pestering me into coming to Spawn to "get her to Ruins base" (Endless server, kept reviving at Florid). Fun, chatty times - again, lube not included.

...a real reason why they do not enjoy this idea other than it would promote griefing which still is not valid because knowing if someone is in the caves or overworld does not tell them their exact location and if you are that worried about someone finding your base on a server you must be on that server 24/7 or you do not stand a chance of protecting it.

Just did, punctually: prevents silly, spamy & mostly-useless questions like "what are you doing down there" which in public servers bear no meaning for most scenarios. Doesn't tell the exact location, but shows where griefer needs to look from start; instead of wasting his/her time roaming Forest shard, getting bored, burning a forest out of frustration and leaving. Or getting munched by spiders in his/her failed attempt of "finding baisu and bring fireu to it". If malicious person goes from start into "the right shard", even if by a small margin, his/her chances of finding base increases. Why do that, when in pubs such a feature taken at theoretical positive face-value is pretty-much useless (I've stated why in previous comments). More-so as in personal servers, among friends and acquaintances, communication and mods solve this "issue" neatly.

Lets put a easy comparison behind this a few months back Klei added the ability to view set pieces on the maps when you found them before that they were never visible on the map. So lets stop there did everyone freak out and go OMG GRIEFERS ARE GOING TO TAKE THOSE AND RUN WITH THEM AND HIDE THEM OMG! No nobody said nothing.

No self-respecting griefer that values his/her shenanigans' beat would waste time doing Suspicious Marble Sculptures, just to take blueprints and burn. Is useless, since those bp will start dropping from Tumbleweeds right after, hence no real harm done, but actually helping normal players on server (still, in Survival pubs Shadow Chesspieces and/or AFw are seldom done). Parallel holds no water.

I am not always in Voice Chat with my friends when we are in game sometimes they are eating sometimes they just do not feel like talking. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to communicate with people I honestly feel half the people in this thread have commented on it with a sole belief of THIS FEATURE SUCKS instead of asking themselves the true reason why they disagree with it.

Further, that's a you-problem, not a game problem. People should not eat during play-time, is not healthy or constructive for the obvious reason of "multitasking" being bad overall (weakens concentration). Weighting in pros and cons from a pub-goer multiplayer perspective I see no real bon from this proposed feature being implemented, yet con is clear - yes, griefers.

Saying it serves no value does not make an idea invalid

Pardon?! Le what?

I am in the overworld we just agreed....

Here's the fault of your premise: in pubs almost no one agrees on anything. Or if they do, they will soon be dead, hence mattering not. Sadly, that's the zeitgeist of public servers. And, even more sad, extends into personal pubs too: bulk player-base doesn't coordinate, socially communicate as lack of knowledge most times spells disastrous outcomes, runs in circles to ultimately succumb to starvation, next hound wave, or some random regular Spider or Pig. You are writing about atmosphere on your personal server(s). While I point at general atmosphere. And, again, for your personal server(s) needs & wants there are 2 simple solutions I underline for the 3rd (4th?!) time: better coordination via communication (and, by extension, good planning ahead accounting for "chappy-chap is eating right now irl and can't speak" too) plus global-tracking mod(s). No need to lobby KLei into solving a you-problem that would certainly cause more real issues in pubs out there.

It saves time and once again if you are worried that griefers will follow you I honestly think you have bigger problems on your hands.

Yes, certainly: the griefers themselves - they are way "bigger problems on your hands" than anything DST world can throw at you.

I have not heard any valid reasons or any constructive criticism behind not wanting this other than being scared of griefers.

Yet instead of saying yeah well I play with griefers so I hate this idea but if I were to play with people who respect the game maybe this could be a decent feature. The only negative responses I am getting seem to revolve around griefing.

You answered yourself: playing any other server except personal private ones exposes you to griefers. No matter your desires, they are out there, classic "impostors" and in significant numbers to be a general problem. They don't need more advantageous tools to their arsenal, got plenty. But if you play gated personal servers with you as admin, griefer action is almost completely excised from your play experience. Thus you see only the bon from your OP proposal, naturally. Relinquish your admin control, go play pubs and feel the powerlessness of having randoms trashing even your smallest progress if doing it in an exposed, simple and accessible-for-others manner. As food for thought try the next basic experiment: log-in the closest KLei official server to your location (good ping) and make a portal small base; just the essentials, not aesthetic elements & whatnot. Try maintaining it through 1st Autumn, I will not be cruel in my proposal towards you and ask for a Winter or Spring (God forbid, Summer) deadline. Start a count of how many times it will be: burned, hammered, Spider-egg infested, looted, pillaged etc. Come here and tell us your pub adventure. And then try to see through a different lens your OP proposal.

As a side-note, you haven't truly experienced DST if you haven't spent at least 1 in-game year on some un-moderated KLei Official-akin server. You will see at what am hinting after doing so. Gl! (and don't take all what was written above as "people having something against you" - is just a matter of perspective, experiences and conclusions "for the road ahead" in the most comprehensive manner in relation to "what the game is in lack of moderation"; maybe "as intended" from the "uncompromiside wilderness adventure" dev pov: don't forget, official DST trailer exemplifies a griefer burning some base as I assume "valid game-play").

17 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

As a side-note, you haven't truly experienced DST if you haven't spent at least 1 in-game year on some un-moderated KLei Official-akin server

I think that might be what I am confused about because tbh I have never stepped foot inside of a public DST server. Also sorry for any spelling mistakes earlier lol I just woke up and was posting on the forums. 

Being able to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves would be a cool and fitting addition to the scoreboard. 

On the scoreboard, you can already see how many days a player has survived and also know exactly what skin and equipment they are using and carrying at any point and at any time. So, the ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves would be a fitting addition to the existing information. 

To the people arguing that this addition would be useless: the ability to see on the scoreboard how many days a player has survived is useless. The ability to see on the scoreboard what equipment or skin a player is using is also useless. Similar to what you all have argued, you could just ask "how many days have you survived?" or "what skin or equipment are you using?" So why are these "redundant" features on the scoreboard? 

To the people crying over how this addition would aid griefers, maybe actually look over the argument and see if it makes sense. The ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves reveals nothing concrete about base location. You realize a player could build their base on the surface and still have the ability to visit the caves right? Or the other way around: A player could build their base in the caves and still visit the surface. A large majority of the player base (probably 95%+) are relatively inexperienced/casual players who are not going to build cave bases, so a feature showing whether they are in the caves will not at all aid griefers in finding their base. Also, a majority of griefers are not going to go through that much effort to find a cave base. They will check the most likely base locations, such as pig king and oasis, and if they don't find a base, they will most likely leave. 

Some of you are overreacting to the suggestion of a simple and appropriate feature to the scoreboard. 

2 minutes ago, Spontaneou5 said:

Being able to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves would be a cool and fitting addition to the scoreboard. 

On the scoreboard, you can already see how many days a player has survived and also know exactly what skin and equipment they are using and carrying at any point and at any time. So, the ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves would be a fitting addition to the existing information. 

To the people arguing that this addition would be useless: the ability to see on the scoreboard how many days a player has survived is useless. The ability to see on the scoreboard what equipment or skin a player is using is also useless. Similar to what you all have argued, you could just ask "how many days have you survived?" or "what skin or equipment are you using?" So why are these "redundant" features on the scoreboard? 

To the people crying over how this addition would aid griefers, maybe actually look over the argument and see if it makes sense. The ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves reveals nothing concrete about base location. You realize a player could build their base on the surface and still have the ability to visit the caves right? Or the other way around: A player could build their base in the caves and still visit the surface. A large majority of the player base (probably 95%+) are relatively inexperienced/casual players who are not going to build cave bases, so a feature showing whether they are in the caves will not at all aid griefers in finding their base. Also, a majority of griefers are not going to go through that much effort to find a cave base. They will check the most likely base locations, such as pig king and oasis, and if they don't find a base, they will most likely leave. 

Some of you are overreacting to the suggestion of a simple and appropriate feature to the scoreboard. 

Thank you I started believing I was the only one for a while.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I think you are projecting your anger onto others. Why should Klei come up with the literally impossible task of stopping griefers just so they can add a useless feature that doesn't do anything? 

Firstly, I don't need to be psychoanalised.

Now: one of the servers I play on has griefer protection that kills players that burn bases or hammer too much, and extinguishes the fire, which has stopped many a griefer, so I wouldn't consider it an impossible task at all.

Also, a griefer could just as easily check if you're using a lantern at day or ask you if you're underground, but no, apparently them being able to check it 5 seconds faster will double the griefer population or something.

And in regards to "useless feature that doesn't do anything": in that case adding being able to see player HP is also "useless", but I'm sure half the Wortox playerbase would be dying to see that added.

I think all of this fear should be focused towards adding some antigrief, not stopping ideas for minor QoL.

18 minutes ago, Spontaneou5 said:

To the people arguing that this addition would be useless: the ability to see on the scoreboard how many days a player has survived is useless.

No it's not, it gives you a lot of information. If you just joined a day 78 server and see one person with 77 days survived and everyone else has a mix of single digit days and low double digits then you know that that guy with 77 days survived has been here the longest and is the most invested in the server. If the base catches on fire and the guy with 77/78 days survived says somebody with 2/78 days survived did it that is a million times more credible than someone with 2/78 days survived saying someone with 77/78 days survived burned their own stuff.

21 minutes ago, Spontaneou5 said:

The ability to see on the scoreboard what equipment or skin a player is using is also useless.

No it's not, it lets you know what the skins are called so you can buy them if you like them. Additionally, that's how you get to their Steam profile if you want to send them a friend request or something.

22 minutes ago, Spontaneou5 said:

Similar to what you all have argued, you could just ask "how many days have you survived?" or "what skin or equipment are you using?"

Sure, you could. But who's going to know the answer to those questions? It's not really possible for someone to not know whether or not they're aboveground, but who's calculating how many minutes they spend alive and connected to the server? And how can you trust that they're telling the truth? Them knowing what skin they're using is more possible but I don't really remember the names of any cosmetics I have on except maybe the belongings themselves.

25 minutes ago, Spontaneou5 said:

I don't think anyone except griefers or people who exclusively play on private servers would be crying like you are right now. Go play on pubs for awhile.

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

No it's not, it gives you a lot of information. If you just joined a day 78 server and see one person with 77 days survived and everyone else has a mix of single digit days and low double digits then you know that that guy with 77 days survived has been here the longest and is the most invested in the server. If the base catches on fire and the guy with 77/78 days survived says somebody with 2/78 days survived did it that is a million times more credible than someone with 2/78 days survived saying someone with 77/78 days survived burned their own stuff.

That's a pretty niche situation. If you really need evidence, you can also look at hours played to determine credibility. And days played does not 100% prove credibility. 

31 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

No it's not, it lets you know what the skins are called so you can buy them if you like them. Additionally, that's how you get to their Steam profile if you want to send them a friend request or something.

You could just ask what skin they are using... Also, I never mentioned anything about steam profiles, just equipment and skins. 

It's not really possible for someone to not know whether or not they're aboveground, but who's calculating how many minutes they spend alive and connected to the server? 

If you mouse over the day count it tells you how days you've survived. 

And how can you trust that they're telling the truth?

If you treat every person with cynicism and paranoia, then maybe you shouldn't play on pubs. Regular people are just trying to have fun--they have no reason to randomly lie to you.

Them knowing what skin they're using is more possible but I don't really remember the names of any cosmetics I have on except maybe the belongings themselves.

You can inspect yourself to see what skins you're using. 

34 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I don't think anyone except griefers or people who exclusively play on private servers would be crying like you are right now. Go play on pubs for awhile.

What exactly am I crying over? I'm trying to make a rational argument, and you're telling me to go play on pubs? I'm just not convinced that the ability to see which shard a player is in reveals anything about base location. Please, I would be open to be convinced that knowing whether a player is in the caves or on the surface reveals anything concrete about base location. 

Just to clarify, I myself am not saying that the ability to see what equipment/skin or how many days a player has survived is useless. I'm just pointing out that these features can be accomplished through communication, a point that people on this post have used to argue against the implementation of the ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves. In other words, to those people, the ability to see days survived, skins, and equipment is redundant because those all can be accomplished through communication. 

Also, every multiplayer game ever has griefers and trolls. If you exclusively play on pubs and complain about griefers, you're doing it to yourself. Just be thankful that Klei has even implemented a rollback system. 

22 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

I think that might be what I am confused about because tbh I have never stepped foot inside of a public DST server. Also sorry for any spelling mistakes earlier lol I just woke up and was posting on the forums. 

You should really play pubs, the KLei Official Survival servers variety once-in-a-while, for the experience. It doesn't even begin to compare with playing alone or only with friends. A different set of challenges and perspectives. If I remember well, you've written in a past post about fancying short runs centered around bosses take-downs; if so, then you'll love pubs solely for this challenge aspect. Even more as, not being admin, gives a more genuine feel to it: if something goes wrong you won't be able to rollback easily, you can't use console commands for equipment and speed-runs are deemed more "legit" there. You can also make YT-style videos regarding the shenanigans happening, plus, if one doesn't have any kind of expectations for those servers and plays mostly nomad, can have a very entertaining time. And make friends with like-minded individuals encountered during those runs.

Also no biggie, happens. Am sure my posts are error-ridden with grammatical mistakes since En isn't my 1st language.

21 hours ago, Spontaneou5 said:

Depends on purpose/further actions of players seeing those scoreboards. Number of days survived tells of probable knowledge and/or skill of player(s). Likewise for equipment used. Skins too, to a certain extent, can be an indicative of how experienced a player is and of fashion sense if that plays a role in your assessments (yes, there are exceptions of advanced players going with default character clothes/gear, yet an extreme minority). Asking people for true, valid answers implies honesty and knowledge from their behalf - pretty ambiguous aspects at best in pub populace. The negative side-effects of knowing these regarding neutral/benevolent players from a griefer perspective - since this is the main concern - are almost non-existent. At most griefer/malicious actor can try verbally to extract information from "oldest/most advanced player" in respective pub. But knowing on which shard a player spends his/her time the most or exclusively is indicative of a potential base location. Again: for certain advanced and persistent griefers like Clouds, seeing a player (usually, in Survival pubs, past 1st Winter only 1-2 people remain) spending most time in Cave, let's say during early Spring, is indicative a base exists there and not on surface. So respective griefer won't roam Forest shard anymore and go for Cave one instead.

To the people crying over how this addition would aid griefers, maybe actually look over the argument and see if it makes sense. The ability to see whether a player is on the surface or in the caves reveals nothing concrete about base location.

If OP proposal would be implemented, there's an easy way to tell if base is in caves: when player shown being in Cave (via specific scoreboard icon) for significant amount of time, let's say during Winter/Spring, is not permanently wearing Miner Hat/Moggles/Lantern, most likely he/she is tending a base under natural shaft-light or using Starcallers. Am primarily writing about late-game pubs, where only 1-3 regular high-days count players remain active. A capable griefer wanting to end others' mid-to-end game runs, like Clouds, Master, etc (EU servers), could make very good use of such potential game feature, and go directly into Cave-shard roaming, not wasting time outside.

If you were to spend a majority of play-time in Survival vanilla pubs akin KLei Official servers you would know the reaction to this suggestion from people like myself is actually appropriate to the griefer problem prevalence. This is the Survival un-moderated pub perspective vs, from what I can tell, highly-moderated private-personal server owners playing alone or with their friends: pub goes are against, for good reason, while personal-servers players are for, since convenience - even if alternatives to knowing where their friends/acquaintances are on map/shard already are available - as stated in previous posts (VoIP soft, position mods).

On the other hand what is the concrete benefit of knowing where players are, shard-wise, in general multiplayer populace? Survival pubs the most, as those are prevalent in numbers.

Archived