what do you think about fix some bosses strategies in dst

today i see some  dst strategies in bug tracker, In the past they could be considered bugs but now I see them as Strategies, I hope they are not fixed, because they would have to find new ways to destroy bosses, one of those strategies that would disappear is the dragonfly wall method

Shadow Piece bosses being unable to enter water or land is a bug since normal shadows able to traverse through water and land and the shadow bosses are still considered a shadow.

Crabking and Flingomatic is a Cheese

The pathfinding that fixes players and other enemies not getting stuck in a gap filled with statue or any other blocking object is considered bug which would make a lot of people mad since it's been there since start and was never fixed.

Those ain't strategies but rather way to cheat on bosses that are MEANT to be killed by multiple people

Unpopular opinion, I know most others think otherwise, but I personally consider panflute + walls on Dragonfly borderline cheese. It may be intentional, but it leaves almost nothing left in the fight when both methods are used.

Your opinion is interesting but I think this should be debated, if there will be a solution, it should be obtained by consensus among opinions of the community, not of a single person.

10 minutes ago, Cliffford W. said:

Shadow Piece bosses being unable to enter water or land is a bug since normal shadows able to traverse through water and land and the shadow bosses are still considered a shadow.

Crabking and Flingomatic is a Cheese

The pathfinding that fixes players and other enemies not getting stuck in a gap filled with statue or any other blocking object is considered bug which would make a lot of people mad since it's been there since start and was never fixed.

Those ain't strategies but rather way to cheat on bosses that are MEANT to be killed by multiple people

If Klei really wants to remove this type of stuff and remove whatever sort of fun people are capable of having in the game, they can only for the rather creative player base to find another way to deal with this type of stuff (cause we always do).

OR, with the time and effort they spend removing all the fun in the game, they could produce content for the player base to actually enjoy, which is what they do now with the reworks and the updates to the game.

At the end of the day, it's people's choices if they want to do this type of stuff or not. I personally don't cheese bosses when I kill them the first time around but after a while, it's gets kinda grindy and boring, so having this type of stuff makes the game more fun for me in the long run.

I've also been burnt badly by Klei when they've removed a lot of stuff in the past and playing with other people has taught me to enjoy this type of stuff too.

25 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

Unpopular opinion, I know most others think otherwise, but I personally consider panflute + walls on Dragonfly borderline cheese. It may be intentional, but it leaves almost nothing left in the fight when both methods are used.

Just the trickiest kiting pattern in the whole game.

28 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Just the trickiest kiting pattern in the whole gam

Eh. Each to their own, timing is precise, but I find it boring and not too hard. Only exception perhaps when she's coming back after spawning larvae. 

Do people still just do a wall for DFly? I just surround each lava pit with walls instead which is far more effective. No psthfinding changes are letting my larvae out. 

1 hour ago, Cliffford W. said:

What about solo players? Without certain boss strategies fighting them solo would be crazy difficult.

Crabking and toadstool for example. I don't flingo crabking but without spicy volt jelly and rain suped up CK is a beast. Misery Toad without flingos is similar, good luck taking down his trees on your own without the flingos help.

7 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Do people still just do a wall for DFly? I just surround each lava pit with walls instead which is far more effective. No psthfinding changes are letting my larvae out. 

What about solo players? Without certain boss strategies fighting them solo would be crazy difficult.

Crabking and toadstool for example. I don't flingo crabking but without spicy volt jelly and rain suped up CK is a beast. Misery Toad without flingos is similar, good luck taking down his trees on your own without the flingos help.

I recall correctly the game was meant to be played by more people not solo.

It'd be rather nice to scale the boss HP based on if you play solo or with players

3 minutes ago, Cliffford W. said:

It'd be rather nice to scale the boss HP based on if you play solo or with players

devs intend for both solo and together styles.

Just now, Cliffford W. said:

Eugh.. "Multiplayer game is multiplayer".

Every multiplayer game ever made that functions as a single player game  as well had/has solo players. Also klei obviously cater to both considering all content is doable/usable for solo right now. Even the deserter is a great insanity machine for solo players. 

I am strongly against boss hp scaling as I can fight any boss as they are now, it's unnecessary. I also don't want strategies and tactics that have been around forever (many of which make solo play much more viable) to just suddenly be removed.

1 hour ago, Gods fiddler said:

today i see some  dst strategies in bug tracker, In the past they could be considered bugs but now I see them as Strategies, I hope they are not fixed, because they would have to find new ways to destroy bosses, one of those strategies that would disappear is the dragonfly wall method

It's not exactly a big brain strategic decision to copy putting some walls on the floor as others have shown you how to do because the lavae don't damage walls and the pathfinding in this game is flawed. It is 100% a glitch that the lavae think they can get to you but they can't. That's the entire concept.

2 minutes ago, Cliffford W. said:

The only boss with an absurd amount of health for a single player to fight has pretty bad drops. Boss' health should definitely not scale with playercount, if you want it to you can use one of the various mods on the workshop that enable it.

All I want is dragonfly wall fix. Very lame cheese, from all the people I played with about 90% never even bothered to kill her without walls once. EVERYONE cheese this boss for no reason other than fandom tradition. 

And its not even a hard boss. Minions target closest player and never change their agro, meaning in a team one player can simply deal with them borilla style. Or just kite and gang bang them. Either way is more fun then beating unconscious boss. 

I guess it makes sence for solo players to cheese tho, since df can randomly spawn minions from the same lava pond not giving you time to kill them and that's kinda bs and meaby should get fixed along with wall cheese. 

2 minutes ago, Cliffford W. said:

How is this relevant... The game is clearly designed for solo and multiplayer. 

If it was designed purely as multiplayer you wouldn't even be able to start a server or game without at least one other player. Also progression for bosses or quests would be locked behind requirements you need two people for (both pressing a different button at the same time for example). 

I have an idea, stay with me for this one, ok?

How about letting everyone play the game their own way and cheese if they want? Not like it ruins your own game or anything.

As far as i care, they can even spawn in the rewards instead of even killing the bosses that i don't care at all. Their game, their rules. Not everyone has the skill, time or will to commit to play however you deem it's "the right way".

If they have fun, let it be.

IMO pathfinding bugs and similar should be fixed if the result means gameplay is smoother, more challenging and less "exploitable" so to speak.

Really the big change for most players would be fixing the Dragonfly fight. But I think the fight is very manageable without the pathfinding bug. People can use Ice Staves and I think even Ice Flingomatics to kill the lavae, both are mid tier items that are accessible with small effort and planning.

The big issue with Dragonfly would be that she is hard to kill if you're solo and not one of the stronger solo combat characters. I guess it would be still kind of efficient with Ruins gear and generally more preparation.

Archived